I want to end it with him Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over five years now and it has been a great relationship. However, within the last year or so he has cheated on me multiple times with his ex-girlfriend. It started with them just sending nude pics to each other. Then one day they met up and slept together and I found out after having an argument with her. I decided to forgive (which was so stupid now I look back on it) and it took me until recently to get over it. However, he now has a new phone which is my old one I didn't need anymore so he left his old phone at home. I then noticed there were messages between him and this ex that he said he had blocked from contacting him. Again, they had sent nude pics to each other and they are planning on meeting up again to have sex next month. She lives quite far from our town. I confronted him about it and he said he wasn't going to meet up with her because he knew it would be stupid. I know he won't meet with her now because I know. This time I am dead set on splitting up with him. I currently live with him, but the way things are right now I know as much as I still love him I can't forgive him this time.

He says he loves me time and time again but then he goes ahead and cheats on me again with her. The reason he cheated this time was because we didn't have enough sex. I'm glad he was honest but it just upsets me that he would rather screw with his ex than talk to me about it. Right now I don't think I can forgive him so I'm moving to my Mum's for a few days to sort my head out.

He really is my first proper boyfriend, we've been together since we were sixteen and at this moment in time I don't think I'll ever love someone as much as him again.

What should I do?
Lord Kitchener
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get out of there pronto
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
you can't trust anything that comes out a boy's mouth.
solely focus on his actions.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
so leave.
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I get that you love him, but it is not ok for you to keep forgiving him if he's cheated on you multiple times. He isn't even cheating with a random girl where it could be passed of as un-meaningful, he's cheating on you with his ex, so they may still have feelings for each other. Personally, I think you should end it now rather than later because you'll end up getting even more hurt the later you leave it. You deserve better.
whorace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He has you. If you could leave you would have when he cheated. What do you fear? Is he violent? Do not let your heart make the decision your head knows to be right, you cannot leave unless you detatch yourself from the good times and focus on the bad, otherwise he will pull you back in again
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over five years now and it has been a great relationship. However, within the last year or so he has cheated on me multiple times with his ex-girlfriend. It started with them just sending nude pics to each other. Then one day they met up and slept together and I found out after having an argument with her. I decided to forgive (which was so stupid now I look back on it) and it took me until recently to get over it. However, he now has a new phone which is my old one I didn't need anymore so he left his old phone at home. I then noticed there were messages between him and this ex that he said he had blocked from contacting him. Again, they had sent nude pics to each other and they are planning on meeting up again to have sex next month. She lives quite far from our town. I confronted him about it and he said he wasn't going to meet up with her because he knew it would be stupid. I know he won't meet with her now because I know. This time I am dead set on splitting up with him. I currently live with him, but the way things are right now I know as much as I still love him I can't forgive him this time.

He says he loves me time and time again but then he goes ahead and cheats on me again with her. The reason he cheated this time was because we didn't have enough sex. I'm glad he was honest but it just upsets me that he would rather screw with his ex than talk to me about it. Right now I don't think I can forgive him so I'm moving to my Mum's for a few days to sort my head out.

He really is my first proper boyfriend, we've been together since we were sixteen and at this moment in time I don't think I'll ever love someone as much as him again.

What should I do?
He's cheating: first red flag
With his ex: whole armada of red flags

People don't usually get along with their exes, most guys cut contact. I vote dump him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most Competitive
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah get out of there.

It's human nature to always want more, so you should never have had such unrealistic expectations in the first place.
username2324383
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
End it with him so you can move on. He isn't worth staying with, he'll just keep cheating. I know it will be hard because he is your first boyfriend but he doesn't deserve you and you deserve better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Most Competitive)
Yeah get out of there.

It's human nature to always want more, so you should never have had such unrealistic expectations in the first place.
Don't worry I wasn't expecting to get married and have kids with him. I'm not delusional lol.
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone I know what I'm going to do now.
may_1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you need to leave him asap seriously
Instinxt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
leave wtf are you doing
Lord Kitchener
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's quite upsetting you had to even ask advice on this he breached every aspect of trust in a relationship.
Rhemabee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Girls are like jewels, worthy to be loved and be appreciated. If he keeps hurting you that way then I think you need to let him go because you don't deserve all the pain. It takes the right man to see your worth. Don't let him hinders that.
DeadEnd_96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonymous)
i've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over five years now and it has been a great relationship. However, within the last year or so he has cheated on me multiple times with his ex-girlfriend. It started with them just sending nude pics to each other. Then one day they met up and slept together and i found out after having an argument with her. I decided to forgive (which was so stupid now i look back on it) and it took me until recently to get over it. However, he now has a new phone which is my old one i didn't need anymore so he left his old phone at home. I then noticed there were messages between him and this ex that he said he had blocked from contacting him. Again, they had sent nude pics to each other and they are planning on meeting up again to have sex next month. She lives quite far from our town. I confronted him about it and he said he wasn't going to meet up with her because he knew it would be stupid. I know he won't meet with her now because i know. This time i am dead set on splitting up with him. I currently live with him, but the way things are right now i know as much as i still love him i can't forgive him this time.

He says he loves me time and time again but then he goes ahead and cheats on me again with her. The reason he cheated this time was because we didn't have enough sex. I'm glad he was honest but it just upsets me that he would rather screw with his ex than talk to me about it. Right now i don't think i can forgive him so i'm moving to my mum's for a few days to sort my head out.

He really is my first proper boyfriend, we've been together since we were sixteen and at this moment in time i don't think i'll ever love someone as much as him again.

What should i do?
end it now!!! You deserve someone better!!
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
End it.

You say 'I don't think I will ever love someone as much as him'.

It won't be the last time you say that either, (hopefully on good terms)
mercuryman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Finish him
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

What should I do?
You've forgiven him over and over again, why? you say it hurts but you just carry on letting him do it as you forgive him. Stop right now and end it, it will hurt but don't you have any self dignity? self pride? you deserve more. He's a **** just as she is, he sees you as a doormat. You need to put your feelings aside and let your BRAIN do the thinking.

It's not like you've not given him plenty of chances [foolishly] it's time to end it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
You've forgiven him over and over again, why? you say it hurts but you just carry on letting him do it as you forgive him. Stop right now and end it, it will hurt but don't you have any self dignity? self pride? you deserve more. He's a **** just as she is, he sees you as a doormat. You need to put your feelings aside and let your BRAIN do the thinking.

It's not like you've not given him plenty of chances [foolishly] it's time to end it.
Preach!! This advice is definitely a kick in the backside! Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads