The Student Room Group

UK Visas

Hi,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first time posting on TSR. So, I have been given offers to some universities in the U.K., though they have given me the condition that I need to pass the IELTS (for visa purposes). As I am quite busy now, does anyone know whether I can sit the IELTS in June, after my IB examinations are over? Also, does anyone know when I have to apply for my visa?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by razeract
Hi,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first time posting on TSR. So, I have been given offers to some universities in the U.K., though they have given me the condition that I need to pass the IELTS (for visa purposes). As I am quite busy now, does anyone know whether I can sit the IELTS in June, after my IB examinations are over? Also, does anyone know when I have to apply for my visa?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, don't know about IELTS, but I do know that we have to have to apply for our Tier 4 visas around three months before the beginning of the course. My school says that they will e-mail me a reference number that I need when applying for a visa, and it won't be valid three months before the course starting date.

I'm just a fellow international student going to UK this year. I'm also new to TSR and I've been trying to find threads for international students, but can't seem to find an active one. :/
Reply 2
I could shed some light on the IELTS exam - where I live, the centre holds the exams atleast once a month (sometimes twice) so yea I think you sit them at June
Original post by razeract
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

:- Hi, you can find dates for IELTS in your city/country on the link below. https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckAvailability.aspx. Assuming you are going for the September intake and taking your IELTS in June, you will receive your score card in 15 days after your test. Once you receive the same you’ll have to send it to the university after which they’ll issue you an unconditional offer letter. Thereafter, you might have to make a tuition deposit to the university & get your CAS. Once you receive your CAS you can apply for the visa which takes 3-4 weeks for approval. Please keep in mind that you may need some time to arrange your finances especially if you are taking a bank loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending