The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Adult Nursing University of Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Jojo28j
I AM having a meltdown😂 I loved Manchester but I prefer the way Salford structure the course.plus Salford use my local trusts but can I really turn down a place from the university of Manchester! I mean it's Manchester!!! i just don't know😩I'm going to wait until iv visited them both again before I make a decision xxx

I'd be having the same dilemma! My local trusts are what Salford use for placements and that's exactly how I feel about Manchester because it's massive!!! (I'm from Middleton btw) I was so chufffed to just get an interview so if they offer me a place I'm not sure I could turn it down. The placements aren't going to be that much of a distance between them really as when it comes to it they are still both Manchester universities....and a degree is a degree wherever it comes from, but on a CV UoM would look so good! Xx
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Wendy88
I'd be having the same dilemma! My local trusts are what Salford use for placements and that's exactly how I feel about Manchester because it's massive!!! (I'm from Middleton btw) I was so chufffed to just get an interview so if they offer me a place I'm not sure I could turn it down. The placements aren't going to be that much of a distance between them really as when it comes to it they are still both Manchester universities....and a degree is a degree wherever it comes from, but on a CV UoM would look so good! Xx

You're joking!! I'm from Middleton too! What are the chances😂
Reply 122
Original post by Jojo28j
You're joking!! I'm from Middleton too! What are the chances😂

Hahahaha no way!!!😂
Original post by Wendy88
Haha how weird is that! I've decided not to go Huddersfield now and declined them. How long did you have to wait to hear from Salford? My interview for there was a week yesterday ago, I didn't feel it went too good so I'm pinning all my hopes on UoM or MMU. God knows how I will choose if I get more than one offer!:s-smilie:
Sorry for all the questions but how long did you wait between the second reference and getting an offer from UoM? Xx

I had to submit a 2nd refereance before they would process my app or offer an interview. I'd supplied a work reff on my ucas and they wanted an academic one! I submitted the academic reference then later that day I got invited to interview which is tomorrow...I'm crapping myself lol travelling first thing in morning from the north east! Just hoping it goes well!!
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? If so which halls? I'm so so confused😭
Original post by lol123456789
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? If so which halls? I'm so so confused😭

I have applied, just in case lol

You get to pick 3 choices, I chose 2 in fallowfields and 1 in victoria

my reasons being that the 2 in fallowfields are the only ones that are en suites and self catered, being in fallow field also comes with benefits like it is sociable, has a lot of shops around it, owens/oak house is known to be the party house but the ones i chose are relatively quiet. It is a good 20 min distance from uni though.

Victoria is known to be very "suburban-like", very quiet i guess.

I avoided the city campus, it comes with the great advantage of being 2-5 mins away from uni but i want the whole uni experience and the city campus is known to be popular towards international students and are not that sociable.
Original post by Jennim
I have applied, just in case lol

You get to pick 3 choices, I chose 2 in fallowfields and 1 in victoria

my reasons being that the 2 in fallowfields are the only ones that are en suites and self catered, being in fallow field also comes with benefits like it is sociable, has a lot of shops around it, owens/oak house is known to be the party house but the ones i chose are relatively quiet. It is a good 20 min distance from uni though.

Victoria is known to be very "suburban-like", very quiet i guess.

I avoided the city campus, it comes with the great advantage of being 2-5 mins away from uni but i want the whole uni experience and the city campus is known to be popular towards international students and are not that sociable.

Yeahhh I wanted to avoid city too.
I was thinking Richmond park, sheavyn house and canterbury court or burkardt house, but canterbury and burkardt don't have any pictures so idk what they look like 😂😂😭

Which ones have you chosen if you don't mind me asking?
Yeahhh I wanted to avoid city too.
I was thinking Richmond park, sheavyn house and canterbury court or burkardt house, business t canterbury and burkardt don't have any pictures so idk what they look like 😂😂😭

Which ones have you chosen if you don't mind me asking?

I chose richmond, sheavyn and opal gardens. Those seem to be popular so i'd apply now. Also all of the accomodation have pictures on flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/98900730@N05/album

And there is a thread for more pics https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
Original post by Jennim
I chose richmond, sheavyn and opal gardens. Those seem to be popular so i'd apply now. Also all of the accomodation have pictures on flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/98900730@N05/album

And there is a thread for more pics https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

Thank you!!!! Also will you be going to the offer holder day on Wednesday 22nd?
Thank you!!!! Also will you be going to the offer holder day on Wednesday 22nd?

yeah I'm hoping they talk more about accommodation and how we actually get settled in
Reply 130
Original post by Jojo28j
yes adult nursing.they are exactly the same as my choices lol! Although I withdrew from hudds and Bolton as I already had offers from Salford and MMU. I keep swapping between Salford and UofM.One day I'm all for Salford next day it Uof M I just can't decide😩

Ive had an offer from salford for jan 18!!! what offer did you recieve? im hoping that manchester will reply in next few days as my updated ref has been sent off today xx
Reply 131
Just received an offer from UoM for adult nursing!!!! I'm so amazed and chuffed with myself :u:
Original post by Wendy88
Just received an offer from UoM for adult nursing!!!! I'm so amazed and chuffed with myself :u:

A huge well done and congratulations!! Iv only just seen that other message.my start date is september.was your MMU interview today? How did it go? Looks like we both got a big decision to make😂
Just received an offer for UoM to do adult nursing in September! I'm over the moon :smile:

What's all this accommodation talk have you really already applied?
Original post by Johnboi1985
Just received an offer for UoM to do adult nursing in September! I'm over the moon :smile:

What's all this accommodation talk have you really already applied?

I have, i was in a state of paranoia so😂 It can still be changed though so its just really amking sure you have a place
Original post by Jennim
I have, i was in a state of paranoia so😂 It can still be changed though so its just really amking sure you have a place

I'll have to have a look at the accommodation myself haha I'm looking for city area if poss I'm nearly 32 so I'm not looking for the party scene!
(I like to party, but not every night haha once a week is more than enough)
And I like the idea when she said at the interview you can literally role out of bed and into class 😂😂

And do we have to apply for the 40 weeks or the 51 weeks for nursing?
(edited 7 years ago)
I got into uom for child nursing :smile: accepted and have booked my accomodation with private halls there so lush compared to the uni ones :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Original post by Jojo28j
A huge well done and congratulations!! Iv only just seen that other message.my start date is september.was your MMU interview today? How did it go? Looks like we both got a big decision to make😂

Yes it was...I think it went alright, they said I'd find out in 24hr either yes/no/put on hold. My Salford offer is for January. Think I'm going to have to make sure I get every distinction I possibly can otherwise Manchester is out of the running for me. Have you still no idea which one you will pick? X
Original post by Johnboi1985

What's all this accokmmodation talk have you really already applied?

Woohoo! Well done!😃
Original post by Wendy88
Yes it was...I think it went alright, they said I'd find out in 24hr either yes/no/put on hold. My Salford offer is for January. Think I'm going to have to make sure I get every distinction I possibly can otherwise Manchester is out of the running for me. Have you still no idea which one you will pick? X
No idea whatsoever😂Got Manchester offer holders day tomorrow and Salfords in march so gonna make a decision after iv visited both.i got my offer from MMU the day of my interview so you should find out fairly soon.Is it definately UofM for you then? Xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending