Sciences Po one year Master vs SOAS MSc International Politics

Watch
Anastasiaw1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all - I have been accepted for SOAS Msc In International Politics and the 1 year Master in International Security at Sciences Po. Do you guys have any thoughts or comments on these two institutions and degrees? I am not sure what I'd like to do after the Master (political risk analysis, NGO?) Thanks a lot!
fati370
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, im in the exact same space as Anastasiaw1 above.

Would anyone have any advice on choosing between Politics course in SOAS , Edinburgh , Durham? especially on the employability prospects and general worth of the SOAS MSc in 2018? I ultimately want to do a PhD and apply for Dphil at Oxford in Politics/Middle Eastern Studies after gaining more work experience after the MSc.

Any help would be appreciated. (Background : I have a 2:2 in Law (I had little interest to study the subject but was complied due to family reasons)I do however have a year of work experience working at a leading politics thinktank in South Asia and have numerous publications. Im afraid however my 2;2 will not allow me to secure a place in Edinburgh this year so i will stick to applying for SOAS for now)

Considering this, i wanted to raise my academic profile and work hard in my MSc now. Would a SOAS degree in politics help raise my academic profile or would it be better to opt for more work experience and then apply to better schools like LSE /Edinbrgh etc.

A big thanks in advance for anyone taking out the time to help! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (129)
29.86%
No (303)
70.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed