Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys !
    I already started thinking about tuition fees, and I know that there is a way to defer the payment through the student loan which has to be paid-back after graduation and once I got a job. Could you please tell me if you would recommend me this solution and if ya used it by yourself as well ? Thanks a lot to all, really appreciate your help !

ReputationRep:
    You don't start paying it back until you earn over a certain amount, that is automatic.https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan/overview

It has been 3 years since I graduated and I haven't started paying it off because I don't earn enough.
    Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaB23)
    You don't start paying it back until you earn over a certain amount, that is automatic.https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan/overview

It has been 3 years since I graduated and I haven't started paying it off because I don't earn enough.
    Does that help?
    Thanks a lot Emma ! I am a bit perplex of the interest-rate.

I used a repayment calculator to realize how much I would receive vs the overall amount I should pay-back+interest and It came out:
    Total amount borrowed : 27000 pound (9000pound * 3 years of my bachelor)
    Repaid amount: 39000 pound in 18 years with a salary of 21000 pound per year.

Yeah, I know I would pay a very little money each month BUT 12000pound interest is ridiculous !

Any chance you can tell me if this is normal ? Do you have to pay so much interest Emma ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.