The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 130698
hi, my laptop broke and I've lost all of my notes!! does anyone have any notes for Aggression, Eating Behaviour, Gender, Schizophrenia, Addiction or Research Methods please!!?!?

Here is some addiction and schizophrenia work :smile:
Original post by Naveed Rahman
I'm doing the same for PSYA3 and also making youtube videos for the 24 markers if anyone here wants to view there here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kMFHpv2bYM

could i possible have some resources for sleep off of you?? i would very much appreciate the help as i am only predicted a C. if it helps can send you my email address :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
Relationships,Aggression,Cognition,Addiction,Schizophrenia and Research Methods...

i do Addiction,Schizophrenia and Research Methods to
Original post by jra97
How many studies should you include in a single psya3 essay?

As many as you can remember use some of them to evaluate others by going against or supporting them
Original post by redarcher
could i possible have some resources for sleep off of you?? i would very much appreciate the help as i am only predicted a C. if it helps can send you my email address :smile:

sure what's your email address?
sure what's your email address?

[email protected]

and thank you sooo much!!
does anyone have the june 2015 question papers?
Really struggling with research methods- whether a value is significant. Does anyone know how to do this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ellie0497
Really struggling with research methods- whether a value of significant. Does anyone know how to do this?

What is it you're struggling with exactly? If you need to determine whether there is significance of not, it will tell you by the table whether the critical value needs to be higher or lower than the calculated/observed value in order for it to be significant
Original post by A-LJLB
What is it you're struggling with exactly? If you need to determine whether there is significance of not, it will tell you by the table whether the critical value needs to be higher or lower than the calculated/observed value in order for it to be significant

rrrr.png
rrrr.png

How many participants were there in each condition?
Original post by A-LJLB
How many participants were there in each condition?

20 in each
20 in each

Okay, so n1 and n2 are 20. If you go across the row for n2=20 and down the column for n1=20, the critical value is 127. The observed value is 124.
Under the table, it states that for it to be significant, the observed value of U must be less than or equal to the critical value, and as this is the case as the critical value is higher there is significance.
Original post by A-LJLB
Okay, so n1 and n2 are 20. If you go across the row for n2=20 and down the column for n1=20, the critical value is 127. The observed value is 124.
Under the table, it states that for it to be significant, the observed value of U must be less than or equal to the critical value, and as this is the case as the critical value is higher there is significance.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

No problem! :smile:

I pray that statistical tests don't come up, i cant deal with the numbers tbh! I'd rather do a 'sketch a graph' question
I pray that statistical tests don't come up, i cant deal with the numbers tbh! I'd rather do a 'sketch a graph' question

I really don't want a 10 marker on research methods either to be fair, the thing is it will be hard to wing
I really don't want a 10 marker on research methods either to be fair, the thing is it will be hard to wing

How ironic, I'm doing a 10 marker on design a study to test and Its actually not that hard and quite fun, but the thing is you have to think on the spot and if the examiners think i 'be creative' they must be having a laugh.
Original post by wabbit998
Could a 24 marker be asked on sleep walking, it just seems that there is less content for this than narcolepsy and insomnia.

No it could not. They usually say insomnia and/or one of the other two.
[QUOTE=andieepandiee;63774511]Hiya,

Is anyone doing eating behaviour and Schizophrenia? If so, do you have an idea of which topics are most likely to come up this year or the best order to revise the topics in?

Thank you:smile:

Schizophrenia questions follow a pattern but I don't know about eating behaviour

Latest

Trending

Trending