The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IHatePsychology
http://i.imgur.com/K2lauEq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/touiFVz.jpg

Separate you confused the **** or of me when you said dopamine and serotonin as that is aggression for me

No but biological explanations of AN does Include serotonin/ dop

And the AFFH+ reproductive hypothesis ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kellypom
Predictions for eating behaviour, aggression and relationships??

I am hoping for relationships sexual selection comes up or maintence or formation.

Eating behaviour I hope neural mechanisms

Aggression haven't even started going over my notes yet :frown: stressing.

Please help!

Dont stress, you got agess left, think about its not even 8 yet, you can go atleast another 4-5 hours, and also you have all morning tommorow, finish up about 1ish in the morning, get some good sleep wake up about 10, do a good 2-3 hours and you'll be good to go!
For gender, the role of genes/hormones, evolutionary explanations for gender and gender dysphoria are most likely come up as they havent come up at all yet. Kohlbergs theory came up a few years back
Original post by Anymorefor123
No but biological explanations of AN does Include serotonin/ dop

And the AFFH+ reproductive hypothesis ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing bulimia which Contains serotonin and NO so that's probably why.
Original post by wadeyboy101
For gender, the role of genes/hormones, evolutionary explanations for gender and gender dysphoria are most likely come up as they havent come up at all yet. Kohlbergs theory came up a few years back

Could come again best just prepare for it a bit
Original post by brown_eyes
Is it true you need 9 pieces of research in one essay? My teacher always says this and she says you can't get above a C if you don't ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe she means like 9 AO2/3 points in general? Like maybe 3 research studies, 3 methodological issues with them, and 3 general points/IDAs? That's the only way I can think of it adding up to 9. You don't need 9 different actual studies though lol.
Reply 3006
Is it true you need 9 pieces of research in one essay? My teacher always says this and she says you can't get above a C if you don't ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think you do. I included 4 in my mock for eating behaviours, and got 16 marks on it which is roughly an A/B grade depending on the grade boundaries.
Plus, you can use research for outline and evaluation. Research is just one route for A02 marks providing that you explicitly state if it supports or refutes your explanation. Also, you can use methodological issue - but make sure you link to the explanation and the implications for the study. You can also use IDA points too. Using them will boost your A02/3 marks.

If we had to include 9 research studies, then my teacher would of provided us with 9 studies on every explanation. She never told us to include 9 and when we did a plan on an aggression question, she only told us to include 4 ( but you could include more) and use methodological issues to critique it.

9 studies would be really difficult to learn for every explanation! And even in text books, you can't always find that many studies.
Original post by IHatePsychology
Could come again best just prepare for it a bit

True true, lets hope not haha
For questions on the neural and hormonal mechanism of aggression, do you talk about dopamine, serotonin, cortisol and testosterone?

Predictions are:
Aggression: Neural, Biological , Evolutionary (group displays) or Evolutionary
Eating Behaviour: Attitudes, Neural, Psychological (obesity) or Biological
Cognition: Piaget, Applications to education, Biological or Child's sense of self.
Reply 3009
Original post by AyyDale
For questions on the neural and hormonal mechanism of aggression, do you talk about dopamine, serotonin, cortisol and testosterone?

Predictions are:
Aggression: Neural, Biological , Evolutionary (group displays) or Evolutionary
Eating Behaviour: Attitudes, Neural, Psychological (obesity) or Biological
Cognition: Piaget, Applications to education, Biological or Child's sense of self.

Yes! I actually love that essay... It's so simple and easy to get top marks!
I am absolutely heart broken over this exam - I love psychology and this exam is the hardest thing I have ever faced. I dread tomorrow so much. If I do badly tomorrow I know for a fact I have to smash PSYA4 out of the park. I hope tomorrow is a blessing of a paper with the questions cause I am absolutely ruined lmao
Reply 3011

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's also about the quality not the quantity because a proportion of the marks are for coherency and your written communication.
Like I said in my previous reply to your question, you should aim to get at least 3-4 good studies and other A02 points. I did 4 and got 16 marks and I have a teacher who is show strict at marking, it's unreal. She nit picks at the smallest things. So If I could get good marks with a few studies then you should be fine.:smile: But of course add other a02 points!
Is it true you need 9 pieces of research in one essay? My teacher always says this and she says you can't get above a C if you don't ??Posted from TSR Mobile
If you try and cram that many studies into one essay, your evaluation and IDAs won't be detailed enough and THEN you'll get a C!
Original post by aimsnaywux
I am absolutely heart broken over this exam - I love psychology and this exam is the hardest thing I have ever faced. I dread tomorrow so much. If I do badly tomorrow I know for a fact I have to smash PSYA4 out of the park. I hope tomorrow is a blessing of a paper with the questions cause I am absolutely ruined lmao

I'm kind of excited. I'm gambling on a 1/2 chance with me having the predictions which use facts in order to increase my chance a bit I.e won't do an essay that came up last yr.

If any odd balls or I mess up then I'm ****ed lol. I legit should have just done 4 most likely prediction from 5 topics same amount of essays and pretty much 100 % chance of at least 3 coming up
Anyone fancy marking my evolutionary explanations of human aggression, my groups display already been marked thankfully!
Original post by katemate98
It was the PSAY4 exam that was stolen and replaced, not PSAY3.
One year some papers were taken at knifepoint. Must have been desperate lol!
Hi guys, can anyone tell me, if it asks about the role of classical/operant conditioning in the behaviour of non-human animals, is talking about training of wild animals prior to release (CC) and PRT techniques (OC) for AO1 correct?
Anyone else finding it hard to memorise everything??? So much content to remember :frown: I'm struggling with what to revise for eating behaviour and aggression
Predictions for whats going to come up tomorrow?
I need a miracle to get through this exam tomorrow

PLEASE

Aggression: Neural and Hormonal
Relationships: Breakdown
Sleep and Biological Rhythms: Endogenous Pacemakers/Exogenous Zeitgebers

This would be a blessing, anything else and I'm screwed.

Latest

Trending

Trending