Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doherty97)
    For loopas prediction for the roles of genes and hormones for gender, is that the biological explanations of gender dysphoria?
    im doing gender, aggression and sleep which would be the main essay for each would you recommend to learn
    hmmmm to some extent, I am personally focusing on things like the SRY gene and the role of testosterone but that ties in with disorders....so yeah I guess?!
    wow I'm so helpful
    with studies I'm including the case study of David Reimer and Deady et al

by the way, we're doing the same topics!!

Aggression:neural/ hormonal mechanisms
    Sleep:circadian rhythms, endogenous pacemakers/exogenous zeitgeibers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    I've noticed that examiners in the report often complain about student not mentioning 'implications' of IDA's and evaluations. How do we do this? for example if I mention that a study conducted on animals cannot be generalised to the human population, what next?
    I guess you'd say the validity is reduced and the implication of this is it's less useful in supporting a theory, and may also have implications for treatment (thalidomide is always a good example of this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    -Outdated - women don't need no man these days
    -Doesn't take adopted/fostered kids into account (why do people invest in kids that aren't passing on their genes?)
    -Reductionist - reduces complex experiences into simply doing everything due to getting survival advantages
    Ah thank you so much! I didn't know the first 2 were IDA's so I luckily had them in my essay anyway yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy May)
    That's a lot earlier than most people. We all have it around 1.15/1.30. Let us know how it goes
    Yeah, the rest of my school are doing it at 1.. it clashes with my Music Technology paper and that requires a CD and software and stuff so Psychology had to be moved..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy May)
    That's a lot earlier than most people. We all have it around 1.15/1.30. Let us know how it goes
    (Original post by pombok)
    I have my PSYA3 at 10:30am tomorrow
    Pretty sure mine's later at 1:45?
    But sure feel free to help us out :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I'm being kept in isolation for basically the whole day...
    Ah damn if only you could tell us

ReputationRep:
    For cognition & development, if we're asked about applications to education, will we be given a specific theory (Piaget, Vygotsky etc.) or will it just be open to discuss any theory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieschofield)
    Ah thank you so much! I didn't know the first 2 were IDA's so I luckily had them in my essay anyway yay
    Hmm well I always assumed they fell under the issues bracket when properly developed, but now you're making me question that... yikes lol I'm not sure but they are definitely relevant points and you technically only need one definite IDA to get the marks

ReputationRep:
    For gender dysphoria, do you do biological vs psychosocial explanations (it's in the textbook that way) or do you do biological vs cognitive/psychodynamic etc separately and not address them all as psychological? My teacher made us do them all as separate explanations but no way would I be able to do that in the exam it's too long ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    Hmm well I always assumed they fell under the issues bracket when properly developed, but now you're making me question that... yikes lol I'm not sure but they are definitely relevant points and you technically only need one definite IDA to get the marks
    Nah I think you're right it's just I never made the connection. Don't worry and thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Tell me I'm not the only one relying on Loopa's predictions?!
    Like I can't do gender to save my life :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastandfurious)
    Tell me I'm not the only one relying on Loopa's predictions?!
    Like I can't do gender to save my life :|
    From what I can see on my class group chat, all of us are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectionist123)
    hmmmm to some extent, I am personally focusing on things like the SRY gene and the role of testosterone but that ties in with disorders....so yeah I guess?!
    wow I'm so helpful
    with studies I'm including the case study of David Reimer and Deady et al

by the way, we're doing the same topics!!

Aggression:neural/ hormonal mechanisms
    Sleep:circadian rhythms, endogenous pacemakers/exogenous zeitgeibers.
    the only thing ive learnt with my teacher for biological explanations for gender is for dysphoria:///
    wooo go us! do you have an essay for aggression, its the last thing i have to do

ReputationRep:
    I have my PSYA3 at 10:30am tomorrow
    No way you could ask to go toilet and help us out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    No way you could ask to go toilet and help us out
    Unfortunately that would be a no as I am in isolation the whole day and they get my phone..

ReputationRep:
    Praying the nature of sleep comes up so we can basically write anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doherty97)
    the only thing ive learnt with my teacher for biological explanations for gender is for dysphoria:///
    wooo go us! do you have an essay for aggression, its the last thing i have to do
    Dysphoria is the one thing I didn't learn much about

and I looked at a lot of sample essays so this is the one I learnt from:
    http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co...echanisms.html

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got predictions for sleep, relationships and aggression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tan1234)
    Anyone got predictions for sleep, relationships and aggression
    Google loopa predictions 2016 and then whatever unit you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieschofield)
    Praying the nature of sleep comes up so we can basically write anything?
    Never been asked as a full essay although i think life span and stages would be the most appropriate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.