Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just don't know how to retain everything. I'm resitting psya4. Got an A in Psya3. Still haven't revised research methods yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    I just don't know how to retain everything. I'm resitting psya4. Got an A in Psya3. Still haven't revised research methods yet.
    I suggest you try and make model answers for everything and then try memories them by chunking them down etc. On the positive note you only need to resit the one module whereas, I have both to do (not resist though). And you do have an A so that would still give you a good overall grade as long as you don't do too bad on the resist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRosesBloom)
    I suggest you try and make model answers for everything and then try memories them by chunking them down etc. On the positive note you only need to resit the one module whereas, I have both to do (not resist though). And you do have an A so that would still give you a good overall grade as long as you don't do too bad on the resist
    Okay thank you I'll do this. We can do this!!.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is interested I have my past plans for Aggression, Sleep, Relationships, Schizophrenia and Media for unit 3 and 4. I got an A so they're good enough. Just DM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieUK)
    In the sleep topic for the circadian rhythm section, which essay plan did you do? The one in the book says 'describe and evaluate research into circadian rhythms' but would you suggest preparing another essay on circadian rhythms in general just in case they don't specifically ask for research?
    If they ask for circadian rhythms in general it is alright to just talk about research, so doing one plan that addresses both is good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    I need to get an A in A2 to get into uni and I'm so not prepared for this. I've done most of my essays and had them marked and they're mostly 17+ (according to Loopa it's 16 for an A or something?) but I can't remember any of them!
    The only way I managed to get through them was memorise my essays/plans for weeks, using imagery or mnemonics or anything that just stuck. It's a pain but that's all I can suggest to do

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher has given up teaching research methods and has started revision, we only got halfway through and I still have all the inferential tests, design a study etc. to teach myself? Is this possible? I don't know whether to laugh or cry:crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieUK)
    Our teacher has given up teaching research methods and has started revision, we only got halfway through and I still have all the inferential tests, design a study etc. to teach myself? Is this possible? I don't know whether to laugh or cry:crossedf:
    Definitely possible. I've taught myself the whole AS and A2 course in about two months. Research methods only took about 5 days. Just go through the companion book and make notes. About two spreads of the book (4 pages) a day, you'll have it down in a week. I think there are 14 spreads, so 7 days. Read any other sources online if you need extra support. Then just practice questions. Research methods is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm new to this thread but I study psychology and I'm doing A2 at the moment. I got a B in AS (Unit 1-B and Unit 2-A. 4 ums off an A overall). I do gender, aggression and relationships for Unit 3 and Schizophrenia, Media and Research Methods for Unit 4. I was wondering if any of you have any tips on Schizophrenia essays as I am finding that mine are too long. In Unit 3, my essays usually contain 6 evaluation points and I can do them comfortably in 30 minutes but when I try the same approach for my Schizophrenia essays, my word count is way too long so any support or advice I am welcome to. Also, in Media with video games and celebrity are we mainly using studies for A01 and then evaluating those studies as A02??? One last thing. Does anyone have a good influence of culture on romantic relationships essay and Gender Schema Theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nmys)
    If anyone is interested I have my past plans for Aggression, Sleep, Relationships, Schizophrenia and Media for unit 3 and 4. I got an A so they're good enough. Just DM me
    Send sleep, relationships and schizophrenic please

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good revision tips? I'm doing PSYA3: sleep, relationships and aggression PSYA4: phobias and media

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ok2)
    Definitely possible. I've taught myself the whole AS and A2 course in about two months. Research methods only took about 5 days. Just go through the companion book and make notes. About two spreads of the book (4 pages) a day, you'll have it down in a week. I think there are 14 spreads, so 7 days. Read any other sources online if you need extra support. Then just practice questions. Research methods is fine.
    Wow you are a lifesaver, you have made it seem so much more manageable, thank you! I don't think I would be able to teach myself the whole course, congratulations on that I hope you do amazing in the exam!!

ReputationRep:
    For plans and essays (to be uploaded) related to:

Sleep
    Aggression
    Relationships
    Schizophrenia
    Media

https://aqaa2psych.wordpress.com/
    look here!^

I just made it with all my notes as I was getting too many individual requests to send them

ReputationRep:
    Hi can somebody please help me with revision for obesity in eating behaviour, i can't fine any notes anywhere as its not in the text book!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get anyone to mark it? Send it over and I'll have a go for you

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the possible essay questions for both unit 3 and 4 please? I'm getting so confused😓

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an eating disorders neural mechanisms model essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemarie67)
    Does anyone know the possible essay questions for both unit 3 and 4 please? I'm getting so confused😓
    It depends on what sub-topic you are taking for each unit. For unit 3 you will have 3 sub topics e.g aggression, sleep and intelligence. If you look at the spec you will find all the possible essays for each sub-topic

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing gender for unit 3?
    if you are i was like wondering why gender dysphoria has never come up ever in the spec, is it that it's not a question or is it just that aqa havent put it in a question?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, any ways to memorise studies easier?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.