Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHatePsychology)
    I don't do sleep but do eating. I hope to god the Neural one comes for it.
    At this point i want all neural lol.

I think we should do fine. So long as the right Question comes up, im sure I'm gonna get a B . I will take about an hour break now and revise from 9-11:30 lol then after that it's time. lol.
    Yeah i'm hoping for a B too lol, seriously gonna smile if the right questions appear then go home and crash im only awake rn cus 2 coffees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHatePsychology)
    It's not to hard just the book explains it bad. You want me to summraise it ?
    Sure :-)

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me out on genes essay for aggression, I've asked before but I don't feel like I have the right a01

ReputationRep:
    I know I've already asked this but are people actually not revising topics that appeared last year? I've done this but now some people are telling me AQA could be lazy and just do the same topics again which would be awful considering I haven't even looked at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student420)
    Can anyone help me out on genes essay for aggression, I've asked before but I don't feel like I have the right a01
    Genetic explanation proposes the idea that an individual's behaviours are determined by their genetic make up, one example of the behaviour is aggression. If a person has a parent that is aggressive then they are more likely to be too as there is an increased chance in inheriting that gene

XY chromosome variation idea that men are generally more aggressive than females, its thought to be due to the Y so in some men there is a variation and they have XYY chromosome which based on this theory should increase aggression further.

Then MAOA (warrior gene) it's a gene responsible for the breakdown neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. So in some people this gene is a defect therefore levels of these neurotransmitters increase and as result lead to increased aggression, as they are positively linked to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    Yeah i'm hoping for a B too lol, seriously gonna smile if the right questions appear then go home and crash im only awake rn cus 2 coffees
    I go into revision mode for about 3 hrs and that's it i need like an hour breka. Im gonna from 9 intot hat mode and just blow the hell through it and sit outside the exam. No distractions or ill forget or something

Ill be upset if prediction is wrong but I feel if I learn more essays ill just forget them all lol. All of this time used for nothing. I could have done something else but I reckon well be fine!

(Original post by NHM)
    Sure :-)
    Ok give me about 20 mins and ill do it for ya . Playing some hearthstone a card game to destress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    I know I've already asked this but are people actually not revising topics that appeared last year? I've done this but now some people are telling me AQA could be lazy and just do the same topics again which would be awful considering I haven't even looked at them
    If say there's very little, if any, chance they'd ask the same questions as last year. I've only really skimmed over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    you think the bio rhythms are likely to come up? if not what would you assume role of exogenous zeitgebers/ endogenous
    Yeh i mean it could be like outline and evaluate one or more bio ryhtms in which case i would solely just do circadian.
    And they could ask the control of endogneous and exogenous zeitgbers in circadian rhythm.

ReputationRep:
    Twin studies - Identical twins are compared with non-identical in terms of aggression levels because identical twins share exact genetic material, non-idential share 50%. If the identical twins have similar levels of aggression, the cause is genetics.

Adoption Studies - Adopted children are compared with their parents in terms f aggression. If a positive correlation is found between the kids and their biological parents, its a genetic efffect. If a positive correlation is found between the kids and rearing family, environmental effect.

Individual Genes - MAOA is a gene that regulates the metabolism of serotonin. Low amounts have been associated with aggressive impulsive behaviour.

Faulty genes can cause low levels of serotonin causing aggression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    yeah I haven't bothered tbh I really doubt they'd do such a thing, I mean the questions in aggression have all appeared already, so like they're gonna recycle questions regardless. It would be pretty dumb if they just copied last years when they can do it for a question that hasn't appeared in 4 years or whatever

ReputationRep:
    Perfect exam would be neural mechanisms (eating behaviour), breakdown of relationships and neural/hormonal factors in aggression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcl)
    Perfect exam would be neural mechanisms (eating behaviour), breakdown of relationships and neural/hormonal factors in aggression
    For me since i dont do eating behavior circadian rhythm instead i would be happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    For me since i dont do eating behavior circadian rhythm instead i would be happy!
    i just really dont want any awkward 4 markers that could just come out the blue like a slap in the face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcl)
    i just really dont want any awkward 4 markers that could just come out the blue like a slap in the face
    Yep i hope there isnt awkward split question like 9 and 15 would hate that.

ReputationRep:
    Yep i hope there isnt awkward split question like 9 and 15 would hate that.
    they cant split it that way lol

ReputationRep:
    How has everyone learnt the Gender Dysphoria topic? As its own essay or a part of the biosocial essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    they cant split it that way lol
    I meant 9 and 16

ReputationRep:
    I meant 9 and 16
    it can only be 8 + 16 they revamped the spec in 2012 so it can only ever be 24 marks

ReputationRep:
    Talk about Monozyogtic twins and Dyzigotic

Then Adpotion and 14,000 study found bio fathers similar aggression to adopted kids therefore biolgical.

Then MAOA- Just outline the the family which has lots of murders and rapists and say that they had faulty gene which causes unstable maoa and that messed with sertonin.

Evaluation: Roles of gene hard to differenate between environemnt
    Lack of generalisibility
    Banduara had found no differene between MZ and DZ
    Determinism
    Gentic enginnering and implication if a gene is found
    Knout out gene for animals- can show us effects of genes.

ReputationRep:
    guys should I revise maintenance for relationships?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.