Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    institutional aggression came up last year? more likly group displays or infidelity/jealousy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    If you're worrying about the evolutionary explanation for anorexia like t am don't worry too much. Yes I would hate for it to come up, but I think it's less likely. My teacher has not said that it could come up by itself. I was just asking in case. Also, I had a look at the loopa website, and it's the third one, but it says "biological explanations" will come up. So it would including evolutionary and neural. He did t specify that just evolutionary could come up.

Think about it, if your teacher did not have that much info on it or even my teacher, the. It's because this explanation just does not have enough!

I mean I have a teacher who is excellent and she provides us with all research evidence and tells us how much of each we should aim to explain. She didn't give us any research on this and plus one of my evaluation points that she provided us with states that there is no direct scientific evidence to support the study and therefore must rely on a great deal of speculation.
    Sorry meant that it did NOT specify on the website that evolutionary would come up by itself

ReputationRep:
    I think if we were asked about evolutionary explanations of ED it wouldn't be a full mark question on its own; at worst it would be part of a question saying "explain one neural and one evolutionary biological explanation of eating disorders".

I highly doubt it'd be asked on its own.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the Unit 3 help, good luck )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adtr0706)
    I think if we were asked about evolutionary explanations of ED it wouldn't be a full mark question on its own; at worst it would be part of a question saying "explain one neural and one evolutionary biological explanation of eating disorders".

I highly doubt it'd be asked on its own.

If that happens then I'm okay with that because I'm confident on neural and know one of the explanations of evolutionary really well. It's just that the adaption to flee famine hypothesis is a bit confusing. Do you have research studies for evolutionary??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    If you're worrying about the evolutionary explanation for anorexia like t am don't worry too much. Yes I would hate for it to come up, but I think it's less likely. My teacher has not said that it could come up by itself. I was just asking in case. Also, I had a look at the loopa website, and it's the third one, but it says "biological explanations" will come up. So it would including evolutionary and neural. He did t specify that just evolutionary could come up.

Think about it, if your teacher did not have that much info on it or even my teacher, the. It's because this explanation just does not have enough!

I mean I have a teacher who is excellent and she provides us with all research evidence and tells us how much of each we should aim to explain. She didn't give us any research on this and plus one of my evaluation points that she provided us with states that there is no direct scientific evidence to support the study and therefore must rely on a great deal of speculation.
    wait evolutionary explanations of anorexia? EH that can't come up can it? OMG, i have only learned PSycho n Bio?

ReputationRep:
    For relationships who thinks parental investment might appear? I reaallyyy don't want it to

ReputationRep:
    1. yes
    2. no why would you
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Guys just want to check a few things.

1. If it asks to outline and evaluate one pyscho explanation of AN, can I use culture and media as one?

2. If its not a biological explanation, and i want to use reductionism, can I just replace the word with limited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaetvfbhgheva)
    1. yes
    2. no why would you
    I swear someone said I could do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    I swear someone said I could do that?
    yeah there's been some debate over this in the thread, basically examiners have put in their reports that candidates keep using the term reductionist too broadly, and really reductionist is only suitable when using the biological approach, and for any other approach the appropriate term is 'limited'..

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    For relationships who thinks parental investment might appear? I reaallyyy don't want it to
    nooooooo i hope it doesnt, like noo, it came up in 2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    yeah there's been some debate over this in the thread, basically examiners have put in their reports that candidates keep using the term reductionist too broadly, and really reductionist is only suitable when using the biological approach, and for any other approach the appropriate term is 'limited'..

hope this helps
    Wait so we cant use reductionist unless it is for a biological approach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleksandrinaa)
    no, but don't worry! just use the term 'limited' instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleksandrinaa)
    ive been using it for other explanations and getting the marks and my teacher is an examiner, just depends if you are confident enough to write about it correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellawhite4686)
    ive been using it for other explanations and getting the marks and my teacher is an examiner, just depends if you are confident enough to write about it correctly
    AQA have said this themselves that reductionist can only be used for bio they been stressing that students keep using it incorrectly, regardless if your teacher marks it put limited youll still get the marks,

ReputationRep:
    my exam timetable says my exam is at 1, what time shall i turn up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    my exam timetable says my exam is at 1, what time shall i turn up?
    The time your exam timetable says lol

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK ALL, Last 25 mins reivison for me. I pray that loopa has predicted the right questions.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks max can be gained for 1 ao2 point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    The time your exam timetable says lol
    😂 yeah but doesnt it start at that time? shouldnt i get there a bit before?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.