Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophhoran1998)
    Hi can somebody please help me with revision for obesity in eating behaviour, i can't fine any notes anywhere as its not in the text book!
    What do you mean? I mean, the cultural topic is about women's perceptions of their bodies across cultures and this has some stuff on them wanting to be slimmer. Other than that, obesity isn't really part of the topic. Anorexia and bulimia are disorders in the specification (you only need one of these).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bishbashbosh123)
    hi guys, any ways to memorise studies easier?
    Just learn the findings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ok2)
    What do you mean? I mean, the cultural topic is about women's perceptions of their bodies across cultures and this has some stuff on them wanting to be slimmer. Other than that, obesity isn't really part of the topic. Anorexia and bulimia are disorders in the specification (you only need one of these).
    I'm doing obesity as an eating disorder instead of anorexia or bulimia because it says in the spec you can choose from anorexia, bulimia or obesity

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone do Anomalistics for unit 4? It is SO BORING!

ReputationRep:
    I am doing:

Unit 3: Gender (need to revise), Aggression (done) and Relationships (currently doing)
    Unit 4: Phobias, Media (need to do both)

I should finish unit 3 by the end of this month and unit 4 before 16th of may - Do i have a chance to get a decent grade on top of retaking all of economics (Unit 4 done and unit 3 almost done) ?

I am only looking for a grade B overall in Psychology (I got C last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiegan_hill)
    Unit 3: gender, relationships and aggression
    Unit 4: schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods

anyone else doing these topics?
    Yeah, I'm doing those topics too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewatersgirl)
    Yeah, I'm doing those topics too
    Same

ReputationRep:
    For the essay on ultradian rhythms would you focus on/mention stages of sleep, or is stages of sleep an essay on its own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    Does anyone do Anomalistics for unit 4? It is SO BORING!
    Yeah I am, and completely agree! Is it just me or it doesn't really have much to do with psychology? I mean, none of the research is actually proving anything and it's all just bull**** Definitely the worst topic, I might just revise something else as I struggle to make sense of any of it and since I'm retaking and did addiction last year at a different college so I might just stick to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beata.marek)
    Yeah I am, and completely agree! Is it just me or it doesn't really have much to do with psychology? I mean, none of the research is actually proving anything and it's all just bull**** Definitely the worst topic, I might just revise something else as I struggle to make sense of any of it and since I'm retaking and did addiction last year at a different college so I might just stick to that
    I attached the revision notes I made over Easter in my previous post, it took me ages doing them!
    Anomalistics is so LAME! It is completely boring and hard to understand, it seems like a really outdated field of psychology

ReputationRep:
    Division A.odtAttachment 523919523921Attachment 523919523921523900
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: odt Division B.odt (9.9 KB, 115 views)
  2. File Type: odt Division C.odt (10.0 KB, 64 views)

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, that's really helpful, thank you!x

And by the way, have ya'll guys finished the syllabus already? We're still on anomalistic, psychic mediumship and haven't even started research methods yet

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, that's really helpful, thank you!x

And by the way, have ya'll guys finished the syllabus already? We're still on anomalistic, psychic mediumship and haven't even started research methods yet
    We started PSYA4 in September so we are doing PSYA3 and we have 2 topics left

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing...
    unit 3 - gender, relationships and eating behaviours
    unit 4-depression, addiction and research methods

or just any of topics outlined above???

if so, any good A02 points for topics above??
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for memorising the essays? What is your revision strategy?

ReputationRep:
    How much content have most of you learnt? I'm around half way there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naamaifahs)
    How much content have most of you learnt? I'm around half way there
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    am nearly done thank god! how is everyone getting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    am nearly done thank god! how is everyone getting on?
    My class finished the syllabus like 2 weeks ago. Now we are just doing independent revision which is great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexedBird)
    My class finisehd the syllabus like 2 weeks ago. Now we are just doing independent revision which is great!
    you can do it gurl! you have time, plus revising psychology is not that hard (except that it takes ages to write the essays) i honestly can't even move my hands anymore lol. anyway what i do is just memories the essays and keep writing them down until there stuck in my head. you should try that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.