Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    omg i wrote 'AN' for anorexia nervosa to save time.. will that mark me down???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Whaaaat? Was it not 4 marks for A01 genes and hormones? Please tell me isn't wasn't A02 as well because I only did A01 🙄

That's for gender btw
    It was a 4 marker for AO1 marks, don't worry. I'm pretty sure of that since I just confirmed with a friend.

(Original post by rosieschofield)
    Just realised that I wrote a maintenance theory but labelled it as formation... Do u think I'll get any marks😞
    Which theory? If I recall I talked about Reward/Need theory but argued it can double as a maintenance theory but I talked about other maintenance theories as well.

ReputationRep:
    high or low grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, how many marks do you need to get in Unit 4 to get 100 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellypom)
    Yeah In my evaluation I just wrote loads Ida points or just could think of any critique about it so wrote it lol. Praying for the best
    in my school most people didn't revise eating disorders since it came up last year so hoping for low grade boundaries

since most people did badly on gender schema does that mean we all get low grade boundaries even if we didn't do that section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleksandrinaa)
    not if you referred to it being AN at the start i.e. "Anorexia Nervosa (AN)

even if u didnt im sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    I reckon we probably didn't have to write about more than one because for the other, ultradian and infradian, there's only one rhythm we learn, and also I'm pretty sure I've never seen a question like "discuss the role of exogenous zeitgebers and endogenous pacemakers on one circadian rhythm" - I reckon they always just put rhythms.
    Thank god, i hope so anyways. I feel much more relaxed now, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    I talked more about group display, but it's still a relevant explanation because the whole concept of evolutionary theories is to be able to mate and pass on genes. I stated how in sport, by being aggressive such as in rugby, it increases the chances of winning. Therefore, by winning the group gains status and access to resources which make them attractive to females. This then increases the chances of them mating and passing in their genes.

For infidelity and jealousy I stated that men are more likely to use mate retention strategies, sexual coercion and aggression if they fear that their partner is being unfaithful. They do this because of the risk of cuckoldry and wasting resources on a child that it not theirs. By using aggression, it prevents them from being unfaithful and using sexual coercion enables them to pass on their own genes.

I hope that was right
    I mean what other explanations could you have used?
    Yeah that's all right and sounds really good! i think the issue people are having is that they only wrote about the sexual jealousy and infidelity theory, and since the questions asked for more than one explanation, they are worried that the theory will only be counted as 1 explanation, meaning they'd only get half marks because they should've written about another like group display. All depends on AQA I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azcy)
    Legit asked the same question earlier. I did the same thing even tho we got taught about temperature as another circadian rhythm. If we had to say 2, do you have any ideas on the max marks we could get?
    I prepared the question previously in class with my teacher and I got an A on a mock with just talking about the SWC, obviously mentioning the impact that both pacemakers and zeitgebers have on the SWC. Thus you should be able to gain full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleksandrinaa)
    No they shouldn't if you put it in brackets after you wrote it in full. My teacher said you can

ReputationRep:
    Will I still get marks if I referred to research studies and talked about how they support/dispute the theory but did not talk about methodological flaws such as validty? (Didnt have time )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    in my school most people didn't revise eating disorders since it came up last year so hoping for low grade boundaries

since most people did badly on gender schema does that mean we all get low grade boundaries even if we didn't do that section?
    Presumably so if TSR is an accurate generalisation to the wider population who did it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    I wasn't sure but I saw "explanations(s) and thought maybe they wanted another explanation so I wrote a bit about war as a group display of aggression just to be safe. Basically it depends on whether AQA count the infidelity and sexual jealousy explanation as two explanations. If they don't then you'll probably lose marks as the question asked for more than one explanation.
    Oh no I actually thought I did pretty decent on that essay but now knowing that they may have wanted more than on explanation has put me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose100lea)
    high or low grade boundaries?
    lets hope low!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Oh no I actually thought I did pretty decent on that essay but now knowing that they may have wanted more than on explanation has put me off
    I'm sorry! Hopefully it'll be counted as 2, or the grade boundaries will drop cause so many people made the same mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    Presumably so if TSR is an accurate generalisation to the wider population who did it
    Well I always assume TSR is mainly used by people who revise loads, especially in comparison to everyone at my school (most people only revised loopa's MAIN predictions for each section, that's 2 essays per section). I assume that if we find it hard then everyone else found it harder, this sounds so mean but I guess I need to make myself feel better

ReputationRep:
    Also, what happens if you describe 2 studies with the same findings? for example for sleep i wrote about aschoffs study, and siffre and then my IDA Was real world application (chronopharmarcy) will i be penalised?

ReputationRep:
    Do they standardise the whole paper for how many marks would be a certain grade. Like for example, if people found intelligence difficult and did badly, could that mean for an A it will be low like 15/16 and for aggression if people found it easy it would be higher like 18 marks? Or are all questions given the same mark because if they are, then that will be unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im130)
    I hope gender schema does come up.
    GUYS!!!!!!

DO YOU HATE ME YET????

AQA respect me and so granted my wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    Well I always assume TSR is mainly used by people who revise loads, especially in comparison to everyone at my school (most people only revised loopa's MAIN predictions for each section, that's 2 essays per section). I assume that if we find it hard then everyone else found it harder, this sounds so mean but I guess I need to make myself feel better
    haha sometimes the truth hurts if it makes you feel any better i checked the grade boundaries for unit 3. And to get an A you need to average to get like between 44-48 based on the past 3 year's grade boundaries, so don't beat yourself up about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.