Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yep, because it said explanations and not an explanation you had to consider writing about infidelity and jealousy and also group displays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    I feel you!!! just ace psya4, think about it, you only needed to get close to full marks on 2 of your 24 markers to get a B
    I need an A though. Im just so confused. Examiner reports always say methodological evaluations are 'creditworthy' so does this mean they are optional????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    For bio rhythms i talked about the SCN in detail stuff like melatonin, pineal gland etc and Light as my exogenous zeitgber such as the protein CRY etc. If this is in detail can i get full a01 marks.
    yes, i wrote exactly the same things as you and i used the loopa a* essays

ReputationRep:
    What is PSYA4 like? Apart from research methods are there just essay questions? Are the addiction questions just relating to a scenario? Or could there be an essay question for addiction? I don't know if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    I need an A though. Im just so confused. Examiner reports always say methodological evaluations are 'creditworthy' so does this mean they are optional????
    What other stuff did you write for evaluation? I was taught that methodological evaluation is A02 and then IDA is a03, but you probably can do other stuff for a02? You can still get an A!!! just get 100 UMS in psya4 (Basically a A*)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any good notes for research methods PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    What other stuff did you write for evaluation? I was taught that methodological evaluation is A02 and then IDA is a03, but you probably can do other stuff for a02? You can still get an A!!! just get 100 UMS in psya4 (Basically a A*)
    It was mostly studies and how they supported/disputed the theory and linking to IDA's and also how alternative theories can explain the theory better

ReputationRep:
    It was mostly studies and how they supported/disputed the theory and linking to IDA's and also how alternative theories can explain the theory better
    And i dont know if I can get 100ums at anything lol. Will it be possible to retake the paper?

ReputationRep:
    And i dont know if I can get 100ums at anything lol. Will it be possible to retake the paper?
    Honestly? I'm not sure, but I presume not, considering this is the last year for this spec.. don't worry, look at the predictions for psya4 on the site loopa (if you haven't already haha), his correct prediction rate is basically 100% lmao

ReputationRep:
    does it matter if you wrote the studies without the person who did the study name, literally in the exam I couldn't think of any of the names, does this affect my mark or not? pretty worried cause I coudnt remember the name of the person who carried out any of the studies in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy May)
    What did you get at AS? And do you need a good grade to get into uni?
    I got C's in both exams last year and I need a C in psychology to get into uni. Hopefully I'll scrape a C

ReputationRep:
    You did it!! Saying how different theories can explain it better counts as A02! methodological evaluation would have been good, but I'm pretty sure you've picked up some A02 marks, remember ida is a03

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Guys the relationships question I did formation of relationships (2 theories) and maintenance (1 theories) will this effect my mark?
    Nah I would have said that that is more than sufficient as you covered more than one theory and managed to talk about both formation and maintenance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe123)
    does it matter if you wrote the studies without the person who did the study name, literally in the exam I couldn't think of any of the names, does this affect my mark or not? pretty worried cause I coudnt remember the name of the person who carried out any of the studies in the exam.
    Don't worry, you don't have to write the name of the researcher, you just have to make it clear enough for the examiner to know which study you're on about

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any good notes for research methods PLEASE
    I agree I need some too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    People saying you need to mention infidelity, jealously and also talk about group displays such as warfare for aggression are wrong cos the question was split 4+16 hence 4 marks for ao1 and talking about infidelity and jealously should have been sufficient with a lot of evaluation!
    Yeah it may have been sufficient, but I thought because it stated explanation(s) they wanted you to write about various ones. If Infidelity and jealousy was enough for those marks, then they would have just stated that. However, I don't know, there just so much debate around this!!

Also, the 4 marks are not just about how much you write in your outline, credit goes towards if it's accurate and if you have used key terminology

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnL6URDTc (PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPLANATIONS OF MEDIA INFLUENCE ON PROSOCIAL BEHAVIOUR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnL6URDTc (STUDIES INTO MEDIA INFLUENCE ON PROSOCIAL BEHAVIOUR)

ReputationRep:
    You did it!! Saying how different theories can explain it better counts as A02! methodological evaluation would have been good, but I'm pretty sure you've picked up some A02 marks, remember ida is a03
    I only mentioned alternative theories on one question though lol

ReputationRep:
    For the Biological rhythms essay, was its just pacemakers referred to in the question?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you don't have to write the name of the researcher, you just have to make it clear enough for the examiner to know which study you're on about
    thank goodness for that, I've been worrying about it since the exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.