Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the biological rhythms and sleep question when it said the circadian rhythms, did people just do sleep-wake cycle??

ReputationRep:
    I think I've really messed up.

The formation one and maintenance one was nice, i managed to get in reward/need, social exchange theory and social equity theory with ida points for each. Only thing is I said walster et al 1968 devised exchange theory when it was thibaut and kelley 1958. how many marks would i lose? if i managed to get these in with 2 supporting studies each how many marks would i get?

In the aggression essay, I only talked about infidelity and aggression but not group displays. Is that correct?

For gender I completely missed the bit about 'discuss' and only talked about ao1. I did explain what AIS was and said Imperato-McGinley et al 1979 supported but i didnt explain it. The gender schema question was okay, i kinda had to blag my way through it though.

How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    Could you talk about group displays for evoultionary explanation for human aggression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellawhite4686)
    for the evolutionary explanations of aggression essay i wrote about infidelity and jealousy and referenced cuckoldry, uxoricide etc, however some people are saying you need to write about this AND group displays as it said explanationS? can someone confirm this as now im starting to panic! can i only get a maximum of half marks??!
    My teacher said you could either have done group displays OR infidelity and jealousy with either murder is adaptive theory or uxoricide! Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazx12)
    I think I've really messed up.

The formation one and maintenance one was nice, i managed to get in reward/need, social exchange theory and social equity theory with ida points for each. Only thing is I said walster et al 1968 devised exchange theory when it was thibaut and kelley 1958. how many marks would i lose? if i managed to get these in with 2 supporting studies each how many marks would i get?

In the aggression essay, I only talked about infidelity and aggression but not group displays. Is that correct?

For gender I completely missed the bit about 'discuss' and only talked about ao1. I did explain what AIS was and said Imperato-McGinley et al 1979 supported but i didnt explain it. The gender schema question was okay, i kinda had to blag my way through it though.

How did everyone else find it?
    Aggression you can talk about infidelity and jealousy or group displays either one is fine.

ReputationRep:
    The January 2011 mark scheme for a 9 mark (AO1 used to be out of 9) version of this says...

'There are no partial performance issues with this question; answers should be assessed on the depth and breadth of the material presented.'

If partial performance was to be considered, it would say, as it does with other questions. If partial performance was not considered for a full AO1, then I don't believe it would be for a 4 mark AO1. I'm awaiting confirmation from my teacher, who should know as they're one of the principle examiners, I'll let you all know when I find out.

I only did one, so I'm hopeful, in the same way you could say that the biological rhythms question wanted multiple circadian rhythms to be taught, despite the fact that most schools teach one main rhythm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the aggression essay, I wrote about xenophobia and warfare. My teacher said talking about either xenophobia or jealousy is fine as they are both evolutionary theories and both have 2 explanations. The question wasn't specific so you had a choice, so either xenophobia or jealousy was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Aggression you can talk about infidelity and jealousy or group displays either one is fine.
    Thank god for that I was stressing so much I was under the impression you had to talk about all 3.

Hopefully I'll end up with a B! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the paper or even a picture?

I just want to look at the wording of the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexedBird)
    Guys, I think that if you include only one theory for evolutionary explanations(s), its only partial performance in AO1, so AO2 wont be affected?
    What theory did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat000)
    Could you talk about group displays for evoultionary explanation for human aggression?
    Thats what I did and my teacher said it was correct however loads of people are saying that it isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGirlJemma)
    Yeah that's pretty much what I said, it didn't show the 100% concordance rate like we expected! Yeah I said it might be due to external factors too, so I'm pretty sure it is a valid evaluation

Ugghhhhh hate PSYA4... what topics you doing?
    I'm doing addiction and schizophrenia! Addiction is OK (), schizophrenia I really like (unless there's a 24 marker on the classification system!) and I hate hate hate research methods! R.M is just one of those things that's not even that hard, I just can't seem to do it for some reason. Even when I was doing it at AS i struggled with it and this year with all the added maths/statistics it's a nightmare! how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyde123)
    Thats what I did and my teacher said it was correct however loads of people are saying that it isn't
    My friends teacher is an AQA examiner and she said talking about either xenophobia or jealously was fine! Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! Lots of people are saying group displays is wrong aha
    (Original post by Shazam16)
    My friends teacher is an AQA examiner and she said talking about either xenophobia or jealously was fine! Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellawhite4686)
    for the evolutionary explanations of aggression essay i wrote about infidelity and jealousy and referenced cuckoldry, uxoricide etc, however some people are saying you need to write about this AND group displays as it said explanationS? can someone confirm this as now im starting to panic! can i only get a maximum of half marks??!
    that moment when you just talk about aquisition of status, high and low risk cz you run out of time. I did that. I didnt even mention any of these explanations. fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazam16)
    Yeah but can you talk about jealousy and infilidelity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    I think around 18? I filled the booklet and had an extra page
    Omg how! You must have big writing or can write really fast haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone help me please,

for the evolutionary explanations of aggression essay, i used infidelity and jealousy (i incorporated this into one) and i also wrote about murder/homicide as A01.

The January 2011 mark scheme doesnt mention murder/homicide (the question was the same as this years paper), does that mean i will get marked down or is homicide fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Yeah but can you talk about jealousy and infilidelity?
    Yes, xenophobia + warfare or jealously + infilidelity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehaddad)
    I'm doing addiction and schizophrenia! Addiction is OK (), schizophrenia I really like (unless there's a 24 marker on the classification system!) and I hate hate hate research methods! R.M is just one of those things that's not even that hard, I just can't seem to do it for some reason. Even when I was doing it at AS i struggled with it and this year with all the added maths/statistics it's a nightmare! how about you?
    You're not alone pal, for some reason I struggle with R.M too, I think it is because you have to be so precise with what answer you give and make it specific to the question which is hard ><

Schizo. seems so interesting! I am doing depression instead, but I am doing addiction too! I bloody hate addiction so much, there's so many studies to remember and I just cannot seem to remember them all

May luck be with you for PSYA4!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.