Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkgs)
    SLT* but yes you can
    Oops I meant SLT it must be that time of night :sleep: Thank you for the help! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieUK)
    Oops I meant SLT it must be that time of night :sleep: Thank you for the help! x
    Just ensure you show the meaning of your abbreviations - put (SLT) after mentioning the full term the first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Just ensure you show the meaning of your abbreviations - put (SLT) after mentioning the full term the first time
    That's a really good idea thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    That's a really good idea thank you!!
    No problem sweet

ReputationRep:
    After years, finally the 2015 papers are on the AQA website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reg123098)
    After years, finally the 2015 papers are on the AQA website.
    The examiners report always makes me doubt myself that my essays aren't as good as I think!

ReputationRep:
    For AO1 on 'the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour' would it be okay to talk about just intersexual and intrasexual selection or should I talk about other things instead/also?

ReputationRep:
    For aggression, my teacher said that the question on neural and hormones (biological explanation) can just be neural as an essay or hormonal as an essay. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    For aggression, my teacher said that the question on neural and hormones (biological explanation) can just be neural as an essay or hormonal as an essay. Is this true?
    The essay usually says and/or, in this case yes. However if the question specifically states and, then both will have to be mentioned although this is unusual.

ReputationRep:
    The essay usually says and/or, in this case yes. However if the question specifically states and, then both will have to be mentioned although this is unusual.
    She said in the specification it says hormonal AND neural meaning they could ask either one or together as an and/or question.

ReputationRep:
    She said in the specification it says hormonal AND neural meaning they could ask either one or together as an and/or question.
    Yes what I meant was that it will be an and/or question or an either question, it was unlikely to be an AND question requiring both. It's best to know them separately as well as combined either way

ReputationRep:
    Yes what I meant was that it will be an and/or question or an either question, it was unlikely to be an AND question requiring both. It's best to know them separately as well as combined either way
    I really don't want it to be a separate essay because I don't have enough information for either one separately.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want it to be a separate essay because I don't have enough information for either one separately.
    I have both, if you'd like I could send them to you?

ReputationRep:
    I have both, if you'd like I could send them to you?
    Yes please! Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Yes please! Thank you very much
    If you PM me your email then I can send them soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pysch-student97)
    is anyone doing...
    unit 3 - gender, relationships and eating behaviours
    unit 4-depression, addiction and research methods

or just any of topics outlined above???

if so, any good A02 points for topics above??
    Thanks in advance
    Hi, yes, this is helpful for Neural Mechanisms is Eating (which is a high contender for the exam) https://youtu.be/JZFbcQU6DvM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Anyone have a sample essay for social influences on gender?
    It came up last year as a full essay so I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are lots of model essays online, just google it. If you still can't find one get back in touch.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1gg1n)
    Yeah i've not had a teacher for 4 months so kind of not got a choice with aiming for the high grade as well as revising my other subjects.
    Why no teacher? What happened.
    I have put teaching videos on You Tube, just search for 'Psychology Students' for my channel. I'm still building up my videos, so it doesn't cover everything. Also search for Richard Ebbage, he has great teaching videos, he's on T witter and You Tube.
    Also Graveney School has useful stuff.
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    For AO1 on 'the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour' would it be okay to talk about just intersexual and intrasexual selection or should I talk about other things instead/also?
    I do 4 paragraphs , intrasexual, inter sexual, short term mating strategies and long term strategies. It covers all bases and ensures the A02 makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    Does anyone know what questions may potentially come up? loopa.com normally post predictions but this year he hasnt
    What topics are you studying?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.