Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    I mainly used Saj as an outline plan in which i developed and added my own points.
    Well you'll probably be alright then. I was also told by my teacher to change the structure of my essays so the points flow into each other and not to use a set structure, so that was another reason I didn't want to use Saj's plans - because everyone who used them's essay structures will be identical and again it will be very clear to AQA who used them. I'm sure if you changed it a bit then they won't pick up on it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    Well you'll probably be alright then. I was also told by my teacher to change the structure of my essays so the points flow into each other and not to use a set structure, so that was another reason I didn't want to use Saj's plans - because everyone who used them's essay structures will be identical and again it will be very clear to AQA who used them. I'm sure if you changed it a bit then they won't pick up on it though!
    For mine i mainly used it as A01 evidence studies and IDA points, other things i added myself including eval points of certain studies like for sleep a study was done by campbell where he shined light on the knee of Ps, and itwoke them up. I added the fact heat could have been emitted from the light pad which caused them to wake up then did prac app of using knee pads airplanes to avoid waking up by random lights.

ReputationRep:
    how do we answer application questions in media I'm really struggling with those. someone help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry1997)
    how do we answer application questions in media I'm really struggling with those. someone help me
    Whatever you write it must be linked to the stem or the scenario if you dont link to the stem your capping your marks massively
    So your main focus should be the stem and then backing that with theory, so exactly what the ad or whatever it is should be and then why

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with psychological explanations of schizophrenia???

ReputationRep:
    Guys if you need help with sz essays, buy Loopa essays and learn from them...

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying higher English, higher modern studies, higher psychology and higher computing science and would love to go on to study psychology and degree level however I don't hold a national 5 maths, would any uni accept me whiteout national 5 maths ? I know that I could do an HNC at college and go into uni but I'd love to just go straight into uni

ReputationRep:
    how much can people recommend loopa essays? are they worth it?

ReputationRep:
    if my 20 mark essays for schizophrenia are only 500ish words, is that enough?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has media notes please help me out. My teacher didn't teach us media because she didn't have enough time so I'm screwed.. I'm struggle to learn with books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    how much can people recommend loopa essays? are they worth it?
    I've seen them, some are okay, some are meh. But AQA knows people use them now and so if they suspect you've used one you are not allowed to get into the highest band, so I'd suggest avoiding them altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhopeeful)
    If anyone has media notes please help me out. My teacher didn't teach us media because she didn't have enough time so I'm screwed.. I'm struggle to learn with books
    Pm me your email and I can send you my notes on media if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    I've seen them, some are okay, some are meh. But AQA knows people use them now and so if they suspect you've used one you are not allowed to get into the highest band, so I'd suggest avoiding them altogether.
    I dont know about that lol, they wont mark you down if all the information is relevant and written in a cohernt form. Its when people rote learn and because it isnt word for word they miss little things that tie together the essay together.

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling AQA are going to repeat biological explanations for sz or therapies... It would just be too predictable if they didn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    if my 20 mark essays for schizophrenia are only 500ish words, is that enough?
    Eve it's quality not quantity- but 500 words doesn't sound right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    I dont know about that lol, they wont mark you down if all the information is relevant and written in a cohernt form. Its when people rote learn and because it isnt word for word they miss little things that tie together the essay together.
    Well I mean maybe, but my teacher told us that they're really trying to crack down on it because a lot of the essays had all the same points and structure and they obviously have seen the loopa essays, so it's not that they will mark you down as such, they just can't give you the top band. That's not guaranteed to happen of course, but it's better to be safe than sorry imo so I thought I'd say something.

But if people are having a hard time then I suppose it's still an option, and looking over them for general points rather than a full essay may be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Help with psychological explanations of schizophrenia please someone!!!!
    I have two teachers, and the one who taught this section made no sense.

I've had a look at the loopa ones, but they're so long and like someone said, AQA know people use them so don't really want to use it now. Better not to risk it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Eve it's quality not quantity- but 500 words doesn't sound right?
    i know but the one i sent you was only 505!:s

ReputationRep:
    How many A02/studies are enough to still get full marks? 3/4?

Also do IDAs still count in PSYA4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    Well I mean maybe, but my teacher told us that they're really trying to crack down on it because a lot of the essays had all the same points and structure and they obviously have seen the loopa essays, so it's not that they will mark you down as such, they just can't give you the top band. That's not guaranteed to happen of course, but it's better to be safe than sorry imo so I thought I'd say something.

But if people are having a hard time then I suppose it's still an option, and looking over them for general points rather than a full essay may be helpful.
    Surely every essay will be similar especially schools using the same studies eval points etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.