Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Overkill imo but if you can learn that much then good luck
    I only learn the findings of the study, so maybe that's why? But thanks, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Guys what actually are type 1 and type 2 errors?

I know type 1 is false positive (reject null hypothesis when actually true)
    And type 2 is false negative (accept null when it was false) ?
    This correct you answered your own question. Type 1 is due to the significant level being too stringent e.g 1% and type 2 is due to the significant level being too lenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Guys what actually are type 1 and type 2 errors?

I know type 1 is false positive (reject null hypothesis when actually true)
    And type 2 is false negative (accept null when it was false) ?
    think of it like this:
    type 1 errors: the researchers are too cocky (they predict that the findings are significant when they are not)
    type 2 errors: the researchers are too modest (they predict that the findings are not significant when in fact they are)

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    How long should we spend on each section in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    would someone take a look at my schizophrenia essays? they're so short and i really want to know if there's anything i can do to improve them to make sure i get the marks if it were a 24 mark question... let me know and i can pm you!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  172.9 KB
    (Original post by evekay)
    think of it like this:
    type 1 errors: the researchers are too cocky (they predict that the findings are significant when they are not)
    type 2 errors: the researchers are too modest (they predict that the findings are not significant when in fact they are)

hope this helps
    Someone posted this on Twitter yesterday great way to remember it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    would someone take a look at my schizophrenia essays? they're so short and i really want to know if there's anything i can do to improve them to make sure i get the marks if it were a 24 mark question... let me know and i can pm you!
    I could take a look if you like 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucytal)
    How long should we spend on each section in the exam?
    35-40 mins each for section a and b and rest on research methods

ReputationRep:
    if a question asked explanations of a theory/therapy how many marks would you get for each theory/therapy?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a simple definition of concurrent validity please? I am doing issues of validity surrounding depression.
    Also how long should we spend on each question? Timing is something I am worried about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychology_kills)
    Hey all, is it true they can give you 0 for the exam without you knowing just because they suspect cheating for example? I had some doodles and reminders on my hand, on my palm as well, and I am worried sick that the invigilator thought I was cheating
    Were the doodles to do with the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellypom)
    Can someone give me a simple definition of concurrent validity please? I am doing issues of validity surrounding depression.
    Also how long should we spend on each question? Timing is something I am worried about
    I think concurrent validity is something to do with comparing the test that was done with a well established test to see if there are correlations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    I think concurrent validity is something to do with comparing the test that was done with a well established test to see if there are correlations.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Ok, guys I just need all possible notes on depression, addiction and research methods of course. Pls help, don't have time to search forums. Please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellypom)
    Were the doodles to do with the exam?
    No, they were just reminders of what i had to do that day and my candidate number but I am just thinking the invigilator wouldn't have been able to read what it says so may have just assumed it was info for the exam

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a model essay for 'Discuss one or more explanations for the effectiveness of television in persuasion'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    (Not needed but it looks good) for bio, psych explanations - You can conclude with the diathesis stress model that argues both nature and nurture as vital in the onset of Sz
    Without the things i mentioned for each essay you cannot move out of a rudimentary/basic band and yes spot on i also use that for my evaluation

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done any essays on the classification and diagnosis of phobias? I'm not sure how to structure it 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys for addiction do we hav to kno risk factors for smoking and gambling and studies specific to each???

ReputationRep:
    i have a feeling psychological therapies will come up for schizophrenia

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.