The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Onica
I'm just checking through my folder and for psychological explanations for schizophrenia, my essay includes cognitive and psychodynamic explanations, but would dysfunctional families be a relevant one or should I just leave it out?

I think 2 would be enough as its a case of depth or breadth. I've included all 3 but my eval points for each are very little. So up to you! In my opinion there's much more eval points for Dysfunctional families than Psychodynamic explanation.
Reply 4481
Original post by Lucytal
For media pro and antisocial behaviour when talking about the SLT is it ok to talk about Bandura's Bobo doll study?

Yes as evaluation though.
Original post by Kay_96
Is it too late to start revising for this exam?? I need a B fml

Hahahah FML too man..I'm starting revision too just now for addiction and research methods. You might be able to get a C and overall B depending on your grade last year.

I haven't had time to focus on it properly cause I have S1 the day after Psy and for me maths is more important.. ^.^
Media prediction anyone :frown: I dont have a facebook ac so I cant see Loopa's prediction :frown:
Reply 4484
Original post by theasian_csl
Media prediction anyone :frown: I dont have a facebook ac so I cant see Loopa's prediction :frown:

Don't just revise predictions for PSYA4...AQA repeat so much on this unit!
Guys for a research 10 marker what would your headings be for designing a study? Really struggle with research, also any resources for how statistics works because I'm very confused?
Also anyone have an essay on pro social behaviour?😄
Original post by NHM
Don't just revise predictions for PSYA4...AQA repeat so much on this unit!

Very true. ( Let's not forget about gender schema theory

Does anyone have a good answer on research into celeb worship ? (4+6
Original post by NHM
I have a hard copy.

Could you possibly take pictures of the research methods section and send it to me? Don't worry if it's a trouble, if you could just tell me the questions that came up that would be fab too! Thanks!
Reply 4489
Original post by Masuma98
Could you possibly take pictures of the research methods section and send it to me? Don't worry if it's a trouble, if you could just tell me the questions that came up that would be fab too! Thanks!
image.jpg
Reply 4490
I have a markscheme too if you need it
image.jpg
Reply 4491
Original post by kanelynne
Also anyone have an essay on pro social behaviour?😄

I'll send you one tomorrow.
What would an operationalised hypothesis be as a opposed to a non operationalised one? Also would be grateful for a 10 mark design study headings / plan for research
Original post by NHM
I have a markscheme too if you need it
image.jpg

Thank you so much, you're a star!! And yes a mark scheme would be brill too :tongue: thanks!!
Reply 4494
Thank you so much, you're a star!! And yes a mark scheme would be brill too :tongue: thanks!!

Pm me your email address and I'll forward it tomorrow :-)
Original post by kanelynne
What would an operationalised hypothesis be as a opposed to a non operationalised one? Also would be grateful for a 10 mark design study headings / plan for research

So operationalised hypothesis is when you have identified how you're gonna measure your IV, so for example: there is a relationship between happiness scores (on a questionnaire) and intelligence test scores. If you didn't say that it was on a questionnaire it will not be operationalised, this is quite a specific example from the January 2013 past paper but hopefully you get the gist of it. As long as you're saying how you're measuring your IV in your hypothesis, it should be fine
Original post by bullseye1
Hey would I be able to hypothetically get full marks if for the Biorhythms question, I just wrote about the sleep-wake cycle as a circadian rhythm? I wrote about exogenous zeitgebers and the SCN (endogenous pacemaker) but I'm getting paranoid as it said wrote about their control of "circadian rhythm(s)" and I just wrote about the sleep-wake cycle as a circadian rhythm. In my psych class we only learnt about the sleep-wake cycle and no other circadian rhythms.

In short, is it okay that I just wrote about the sleep-wake cycle? Thanks

I wrote the same, that's fine I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4497
So operationalised hypothesis is when you have identified how you're gonna measure your IV, so for example: there is a relationship between happiness scores (on a questionnaire) and intelligence test scores. If you didn't say that it was on a questionnaire it will not be operationalised, this is quite a specific example from the January 2013 past paper but hopefully you get the gist of it. As long as you're saying how you're measuring your IV in your hypothesis, it should be fine

It's DV not IV :-)
Reply 4498
Does anyone have any notes/resources on the psychology as a science/scientific method bit in research methods. I don't really get it or how to apply it.
Reply 4499
if i got 144 ums last year, which was a B overall, how many UMS do i need from unit 3 and unit 4 to keep a B? and then if i was aiming for an A how many would i need? i dont understand how to work it out

Latest

Trending

Trending