Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    GUYS could the schizophrenia questions come up as 24 markers or will they be separated into small questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    I am so f*cked if they ask a design your own study question. I JUST learned research methods how the fk am I supposed to remember all that AND APPLY IT?
    looool literally me i have no idea :/ they havent asked questions like that recently so fingers crossed it wont happen but who knowsss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharinganShahz)
    YOU'RE ACTUALLY MY HERO WOW

any idea on how to go about media then considering its like 4-12 mark questions only and loopa write all the essays out as 24 markers??
    no worries hahaha!!!! i don't do media, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    looool literally me i have no idea :/ they havent asked questions like that recently so fingers crossed it wont happen but who knowsss
    Which means we'll probably get one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosahra)
    Thanks a lot guys! So basically should I also list all symptoms?
    No you actually need to describe what they are. Eg one positive symptom of sz is hallucinations, this symptom can include seeing and hearing things that aren't actually there (it can also be feelings and smells but don't go OTT)

ReputationRep:
    any predictions??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any other evaluation points other than research for cognitive explanations for schizophrenia??

ReputationRep:
    Theres so much research in addiction 😭

ReputationRep:
    has any one got any notes on the models of addiction please?

ReputationRep:
    For schizophrenia they couldn't ask like a 24 or a 12 on clinical characteristics of schizophrenia could they?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know of all possible schizo q's or areas of topic

ReputationRep:
    For tthe pro social topic for media, can we only know two things (e.g. Social learning theory and parental mediation) rather than all the others explanations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanDarth)
    For tthe pro social topic for media, can we only know two things (e.g. Social learning theory and parental mediation) rather than all the others explanations?
    1 explanation alone plus evaluation can be enough for full marks, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_96)
    to keep your B you need 68 UMS in unit 3 and 4

to get an A you need 88 ums in both papers! Hope that helps
    ah thats great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisahussain1)
    to get an overall grade of a B you need 280 UMS marks so in your case youd need 136 UMS marks from unit 3 and 4 combined so thats like 68 UMS marks in unit 3 and unit 4 thats basically a high C in each exam but for an A you need 320 UMS marks in your case youd need 176 UMS marks for both unit 3 and 4 and thats like 88 UMS marks which is a really high A in both unit 3 and 4 exams
    oooh i see thats so helpful, thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    For schizophrenia they couldn't ask like a 24 or a 12 on clinical characteristics of schizophrenia could they?
    Probably not...that usually comes up as 4 - 6 mark question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    no theres not enough inforto talk about for 24 or 12marks only 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    Depression-
    For the biological explanation can we just do one explanation or do we need to do two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Which means we'll probably get one
    I really hope we dont

ReputationRep:
    for risk factors in addiction, Loopa's only talked about stress... do we need to know about age, personality and peers as risk factors as well? because if we do i won't have anything to write..

don't worry it turns out i was missing some pages, loopa's essays do include the other risk factors

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.