Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does antipsychotic drugs count as ONE biological explanation of schizophrenia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A company is about to launch a new perfume aimed at young career women and wantsto devise a television advertising campaign to promote the perfume.Using your knowledge of the persuasive effects of television, what advice would you giveto the company so that it could make the television advertising campaign as effective aspossible? Refer to psychological research to justify your advice. (10 marks)
    guys how would i go about answering this question please please help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetvictorious)
    Does antipsychotic drugs count as ONE biological explanation of schizophrenia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't you mean one treatment?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    I was also told that there is no IDA for schizophrenia!
    Ok Thank you I think if you use them they just get marked as part of the essay but they don't get any extra marks and aren't marked separately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catriona Lucy)
    Ok Thank you I think if you use them they just get marked as part of the essay but they don't get any extra marks and aren't marked separately.
    you can use IDA as part of evaluation to score more marks there, so they're definitely worth including just to bump up the marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    you can use IDA as part of evaluation to score more marks there, so they're definitely worth including just to bump up the marks!
    Ok, but they're not marked the same as they are in PSYA3 right?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, but they're not marked the same as they are in PSYA3 right?
    i don't know i'm afraid, i don't think so? like they're not marked as IDAs, they're marked as evaluation? so you can use reductionism and ethical issues and that to evaluate research?

ReputationRep:
    so if i have ida in my essay will i lose marks?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know i'm afraid, i don't think so? like they're not marked as IDAs, they're marked as evaluation? so you can use reductionism and ethical issues and that to evaluate research?
    Ok, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    so if i have ida in my essay will i lose marks?
    No, don't worry, you won't lose any They don't mark negatively.

ReputationRep:
    don't you mean one treatment?...
    One treatment sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetvictorious)
    One treatment sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i think it only counts as one? correct me if i'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    Going over schizophrenia today and don't you just love it when things click and you remember it from when you learnt it 😩 best feeling ever

How does everybody else feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone mark or tell me what's good/bad with my depression essay? I'm worried it might be too short and I want to throw some IDA in but it won't count
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Outline and evaluate one or more biological explanations for depression.docx (13.0 KB, 50 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry1997)
    A company is about to launch a new perfume aimed at young career women and wantsto devise a television advertising campaign to promote the perfume.Using your knowledge of the persuasive effects of television, what advice would you giveto the company so that it could make the television advertising campaign as effective aspossible? Refer to psychological research to justify your advice. (10 marks)
    guys how would i go about answering this question please please help!!
    You could use the Hovland -Yale model or ELM just make sure you link it specifically to television.
    E.g celebrity, attractiveness,expert.
    E.g cognitive miser, high need for cognition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mark scheme says you can use HYM and ELM for explanations of TV persuasiveness but they must be shaped effectively, what would this include?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    You could use the Hovland -Yale model or ELM just make sure you link it specifically to television.
    E.g celebrity, attractiveness,expert.
    E.g cognitive miser, high need for cognition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd always use the Hovland-Yale model in a question like that- its much much simpler than blabbing on about routes of the ELM and cognition.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any notes/ a booklet or any sort of resource that can help with research methods? Please!!! I have no clue where to start and how to grasp it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Flashcards for studies, writing out potential application questions, etc. Not gonna rely fully on Loopa this time as Media can have more questions and they can mix it up a bit. Plus AQA gave us a gender schema question which came up really recently so they've shown that they can be lil bishes and catch us out.

So yeah, flashcards, a hysterical crying session here and there, and more flashcards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh okay, I think every subject requires a hysterical crying session.

Yeah I heard about the gender topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys so Saj has predicted:

1. classification & diagnosis issues of depression
    2. biological explanations of depression
    3. biological therapies of depression

Would you recommend any other topics to write up essays about? I mean those do seem the most likely but I'm scared AQA are gonna ask something else and catch me out D:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.