The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anniemp
Hey guys, just a quick question about the unit 3 exam and then I need to get over it because it's now saturday! In the biological explanations of anorexia question i did all my a01 and then all my a02 afterwards? Would i get marked down for this? Like instead of explaining one explanation and evaluating it, and then moving on, I just wrote all the explanations, and then all the evaluation? So I did neural mechanisms, neurodevelopment and reproductive suppression hypothesis. And then support for serotonin, dopamine, neurodevelopment, challenge for dopamine, and a couple of IDA's about the evolutionary explanation being reductionist and studies focusing too much on women? Is this really badddddd? :frown:

I wouldn't worry I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as you had all your points in and especially had ao2/3 and ida which you explained well I don't think it would really matter!
Original post by wickedisgood
Idk then? To be honest I haven't gone over that in a while, I'm doing it tomorrow lol.
I'd just say make basic AO1 points like 'it has been suggested that video games can desensitise you' and then jump into making the most of the studies and fleshing those out.
If we're seeing a 12 marker as half of a 24 marker, AO1 is only 4 marks anyway, so it really doesn't need to be much.

You're more likely to get a 4 mark 'findings' question... At most a 4+6, so you would talk about studies for AO1 and evaluate them for AO2. Far more likely to be asked for explanations of media influences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wickedisgood
Idk then? To be honest I haven't gone over that in a while, I'm doing it tomorrow lol.
I'd just say make basic AO1 points like 'it has been suggested that video games can desensitise you' and then jump into making the most of the studies and fleshing those out.
If we're seeing a 12 marker as half of a 24 marker, AO1 is only 4 marks anyway, so it really doesn't need to be much.

Yeah I will just learn as many studies for each point then
I'M pretty sure you can use IDA in PSYA4 even though it's not required?? Am I right?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Early start for me tomorrow 😪 Gonna have to do some major psychology revision 😭 Haven't done any psychology in two days 🙄😑
Too focused on bio and Chem

Anyone else have chemistry on the same day as psychology?

Do you have biology on thursday?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Early start for me tomorrow 😪 Gonna have to do some major psychology revision 😭 Haven't done any psychology in two days 🙄😑
Too focused on bio and Chem

Anyone else have chemistry on the same day as psychology?

Same !
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I'M pretty sure you can use IDA in PSYA4 even though it's not required?? Am I right?

yes, in mark schemes it still states A02/A03 so it must be still valid also my teacher said it is
Reply 4767
How is everyone revising schizophrenia? How many A02 should I learn considering there are no IDAs for unit 4. I literally have two days to memorie all of schizophrenia and addiction.. I might explode
Original post by yasx_
How is everyone revising schizophrenia? How many A02 should I learn considering there are no IDAs for unit 4. I literally have two days to memorie all of schizophrenia and addiction.. I might explode

Don't remind me... So much revision so little time...
Original post by yung7up

Yeah bio unit 4
Wbu?
Original post by medhopeeful
Same !

Stress 😪😭
Original post by TMC113
10 realistically

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay!! Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dark knight123
There are two types of design questions in the research section. It can be design a consent form or a set of standardised instructions which is usually worth 5 marks or design a study or experiment which is usually worth 10 marks and

How would you go at answering those questions??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got good notes on research methods?
Original post by bubblegumcat
yep it was the plural....i think i included both but not sure..i was trying to write as fast as i can so i can't remember. And that sucks! i didnt bother learning the essays that came up last year and i was lucky as they didnt ask anything this year but then i heard about the ppl doing gender and i realised i probably shouldnt risk it for psya4 :/

Mmmm but trying to learn everything for psay4 is so difficult 😭😭
"Using your knowledge of the persuasiveness of TV advertising, what advice would you give tothe company so that it could make the TV advertising campaign as effective as possible? Refer topsychological research to justify your advice."

this is for media, but in this question would could i talk about hovland-yale and the ELM model or talk about the explanation for the persuasiveness of tv advertising e.e hard sell and soft cell and product endorsement??? I'm quite confused someone help.
Reply 4776
Original post by notafail
"Using your knowledge of the persuasiveness of TV advertising, what advice would you give tothe company so that it could make the TV advertising campaign as effective as possible? Refer topsychological research to justify your advice."

this is for media, but in this question would could i talk about hovland-yale and the ELM model or talk about the explanation for the persuasiveness of tv advertising e.e hard sell and soft cell and product endorsement??? I'm quite confused someone help.

In a question like this you can use any HYM/ELM or soft sell hard sell etc

But if you use HYM/ELM you have to adapt them to TV.
Original post by yung7up

I do.... Im worried about that exam made notes from the ocr book and have completed it just going to do past papers now for it.

I have only done one unit for f215 biology..... Have you started f215 yet?
Original post by notafail

You can talk about either as long as you refer it to tv :smile:
Original post by NHM
In a question like this you can use any HYM/ELM or soft sell hard sell etc

But if you use HYM/ELM you have to adapt them to TV.

thanks so much but would there ever be an question in media that only asks for the explanations of the persuasiveness of tv advertising and not the elm and hovland yale model? because i'm more confident with elm and hovland yale.

Latest