Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does replicability ensure the reliability or validity of your data; or both?

PLEASE HELP ME!))

ReputationRep:
    !!!!
    Has anyone got a big resources pack on research methods with just loads of questions that cove pretty much anything? If so please please please let me know asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcl)
    !!!!
    Has anyone got a big resources pack on research methods with just loads of questions that cove pretty much anything? If so please please please let me know asap
    My friend use simply psychology for research methods!!!! They have everything )

ReputationRep:
    guys ... I need help in the statistical test.

Is there an easy way to identify what test to use?
    Also, how are you revising for research methods.

All the info is just flying out of my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie4444)
    My friend use simply psychology for research methods!!!! They have everything )

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie4444)
    does replicability ensure the reliability or validity of your data; or both?

PLEASE HELP ME!))
    Well, if a test is reliable then if it is replicated then it would get similar results...(If that is what you are asking)

ReputationRep:
    can anyone answer me this?
    For psychological explanations of schizophrenia do we have to do behavioural,psychodynamic, cognitive and socio-cultural factors or do we just pick 2 to talk about?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucywedgbrow)
    can anyone answer me this?
    For psychological explanations of schizophrenia do we have to do behavioural,psychodynamic, cognitive and socio-cultural factors or do we just pick 2 to talk about?
    Thanks in advance
    You could do two but do them in serious depth or so all four of you aren't going to go into serious depth. That's what I've been told. It's BEST to go into depth though for sure. So do two in serious depth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=aimsnaywux;65695723]You could do two but do them in serious depth or so all four of you aren't going to go into serious depth. That's what I've been told. It's BEST to go into depth though for sure. So do two in serious depth

Okay thank you, very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skytrenfield)
    Can anyone explain Chi-square to me please??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd use it with nominal data and a independent groups design. Doesn't really need to be explained.

ReputationRep:
    didn't go to sleep until 9am this morning and am rather hungover.

exam is on tuesday, right? any life-saving tips?🙃🙃🙃🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    guys ... I need help in the statistical test.

Is there an easy way to identify what test to use?
    Also, how are you revising for research methods.

All the info is just flying out of my head
    Chi squared = nominal data and independent groups.
    Spear mans rho = at least ordinal data and relationships
    Mann Whitney = at least ordinal, differences, independent groups
    Wilcoxon = at least ordinal, differences, repeated measures.

I managed to condense RM's to an A3 page , so there's not actually that much, you'll probably remember it all in the exam 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    Chi squared = nominal data and independent groups.
    Spear mans rho = at least ordinal data and relationships
    Mann Whitney = at least ordinal, differences, independent groups
    Wilcoxon = at least ordinal, differences, repeated measures.

I managed to condense RM's to an A3 page , so there's not actually that much, you'll probably remember it all in the exam 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would you take a picture and post it on here? would be SO helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    would you take a picture and post it on here? would be SO helpful
    I'll try but TSR doesn't seem to like me uploading photos

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For MEDIA when it asks about research into intense fandom, what does that mean? Do you include research for CAS and stalking??

Also what is celebrity worship? We've only been taught attraction of celebrities (evolutionary and social psychological theory) and stalking (attachment theory and cyber stalking).
    Help please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    I'll try but TSR doesn't seem to like me uploading photos

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!!! if not maybe you could try and pm me?

ReputationRep:
    I have read in numerous mark schemes about 'modes of action' for treatments (e.g. for addiction) however what is this and how can it be related to drugs/treatment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cakey_101)
    For MEDIA when it asks about research into intense fandom, what does that mean? Do you include research for CAS and stalking??

Also what is celebrity worship? We've only been taught attraction of celebrities (evolutionary and social psychological theory) and stalking (attachment theory and cyber stalking).
    Help please!
    You can use the absorption addiction model and stalking stuff?

ReputationRep:
    hi does anyone have a model essay on classification and diagnosis on ocd please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cakey_101)

Help please!
    Celebrity worship is A01 for intense fandom. Research into intense fandom would be a study to support. AO2. For me its Maltby study.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.