Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetvictorious)
    What did you get at AS if you don't mid me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an A 166 UMS and am aiming for an A*😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    I'm so confused lmao- for intense fandom is the levels of fandom the same as AAM? (Entertainment-social, intense personal, borderline pathological?)
    What's AAM?

Don't understand what you mean.

In my booklet.
    A01- Celebrity worship- Giles and Maltby study- entertainment, intense person and borderline-pathological is my theory.
    A02- Maltby study (can also be used for social psychological of attraction to celebrity)
    Entertainment, intense person and borderline-pathological. Is my support study.
    Methodological issues.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me why this is related to validity for schizophrenia for A02

It states

One piece of research by Harrison et al found that incidence rates of schizophrenia is 8 times more likely in black-carribean groups compared to white groups. This could be due to poor social housing, isolation etc. However one other alternative is that misdiagnosis might play a part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georginarosee)
    What's AAM?

Don't understand what you mean.

In my booklet.
    A01- Celebrity worship- Giles and Maltby study- entertainment, intense person and borderline-pathological is my theory.
    A02- Maltby study (can also be used for social psychological of attraction to celebrity)
    Entertainment, intense person and borderline-pathological. Is my support study.
    Methodological issues.
    Thanks, AAM (absorption additction model)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Media Psychology help! just wanted to know if we need to know any AO2 for the Hovland-Yale model and the ELM, because i have looked at a bunch of past paper questions but all they ask is to outline (A01) and/or apply it to a certain scenario but never asks to evaluate(AO2)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP97)
    Anyone doing Media Psychology help! just wanted to know if we need to know any AO2 for the Hovland-Yale model and the ELM, because i have looked at a bunch of past paper questions but all they ask is to outline (A01) and/or apply it to a certain scenario but never asks to evaluate(AO2)...
    We only need studies that support for A02 as they are needed to back up the points made in the application questions. If there was a 4+ 6 then we can just use them to evaluate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP97)
    a) they literally could ask outline and evaluate? nothing stopping them
    b) some of the application questions require psychological research to back up your ideas - research here is good cos some of it directly link e.g. speed of speech etc
    c) it wouldn't hurt to learn a few studies just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Can someone explain to me why this is related to validity for schizophrenia for A02

It states

One piece of research by Harrison et al found that incidence rates of schizophrenia is 8 times more likely in black-carribean groups compared to white groups. This could be due to poor social housing, isolation etc. However one other alternative is that misdiagnosis might play a part.
    I think you could say it's invalid due to the fact that understanding between white clinicians and black patients is difficult to establish because there may be language barriers and different mannerisms. The fact that the DSM was developed in the West for use in the West can mean there is imposed etic when trying to diagnose other groups with it. This is because there are cultural differences which mean some behaviours are seen as symptoms of schizophrenia in some cultures but viewed as completely normal in other cultures (e.g hearing voices is seen as a magical and spiritual experience in some cultures).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    I got an A 166 UMS and am aiming for an A*😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooooh that's really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm okay with schizophrenia and media (just about)
    It's just the research methods -_- why are the mark schemes so bloody specific and weird -_-
    Think I need to do all the research method questions twice 😪 But I dont have time because I need to revise for my chemistry exam on the same day 😭🙄💀

ReputationRep:
    Idk if this has been asked before, but in Jan 2011 I think and 2010 they asked 14 markers in media. Can they still has 14 markers, as there hasn't been one since 2011?

Because I don't know whether to just revise 10 marks maximum for everything, or whether I need to revise 14 markers as well?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the maximum amount of marks they can ask in a question for addiction? Normally the max is 10, but I'm scared I won't learn enough if there is a higher mark question than 10. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    For Schizophrenia is the DSM-IV used in European countries and the ICD 10 in America? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilythomas3)
    Does anyone know the maximum amount of marks they can ask in a question for addiction? Normally the max is 10, but I'm scared I won't learn enough if there is a higher mark question than 10. Thanks x
    im pretty sure that is the highest!

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify media you get 3/4 questions. The questions are no bigger than 10 marks in size.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I need more evaluation for Psycho explanations of schizophrenia.

E.g. Cognitive approach, I only got like 2 points, Same with Psychodynamic, Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    is the learning approach the same as cognitive explanations?:s

ReputationRep:
    also can someone explain the theory of planned behaviour to me? (those doing addiction), really can't get my head around it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    is the learning approach the same as cognitive explanations?:s
    the learning approach is the behaviourist explanation,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    also can someone explain the theory of planned behaviour to me? (those doing addiction), really can't get my head around it
    https://psychologya2modelanswers.wor...s-notesessays/
    ive added a part for TPB linked to addictions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.