The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wickedisgood
Oh I'm not saying I'm not going to revise it (I'm doing it now!) I just don't really know how I would apply it to answers, which is why it's hard for me to wrap my head around it :frown: It's hard for me to learn these kinds of things when not directly linking them to questions!
Me too. I find the Hovland-yale and Elaboration likelihood model easier to apply but the rest of content on media not so much :/
Original post by Danny786
Which ones of yours did he get right? I'm doing Media + Schiz and dunno wheter to trust his predictions as I cba revising them all

relationships, eating behaviour, and aggression. i'm doing those same ones, I'm honestly just doing them all this time because I don't feel like I did as well as I could in unit 3 so I need this one to be higher!

do you know what his actual predictions are though? because i haven't seen them yet and it would be interesting to keep in mind
Original post by SharinganShahz
So nobody has essays on the biological and psychological therapies of schizophrenia that could get me into uni???????
Can't help since I don't do schizophrenia sorry! Although, take a look at this website they have some model 24 mark essays which may help... https://marcotheman.wordpress.com/2014/06/08/discuss-psychological-explanations-of-schizophrenia-24-marks/
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Me too. I find the Hovland-yale and Elaboration likelihood model easier to apply but the rest of content on media not so much :/

yeahhh. out of curiosity though, do you know if you can use the HYM and ELM when answering a question about the persuasiveness of TV? Or do you have to strictly stick to the other topics? because that confused me too
Does anyone have any specific, unique ways to remember inferential tests? and how much do we actually have to know for them? (incompetent teacher)
Reply 4905
Does anyone want a solid 24 marker on biological therapies?
yeahhh. out of curiosity though, do you know if you can use the HYM and ELM when answering a question about the persuasiveness of TV? Or do you have to strictly stick to the other topics? because that confused me too
OUr teacher said we can, so I'll be doing so. Less information to learn then :P
Reply 4907
Original post by issie1234
Does anyone have any specific, unique ways to remember inferential tests? and how much do we actually have to know for them? (incompetent teacher)

lmao typical
Original post by RedRosesBloom
OUr teacher said we can, so I'll be doing so. Less information to learn then :P

Ah okay thanks, that makes it way easier :biggrin:
relationships, eating behaviour, and aggression. i'm doing those same ones, I'm honestly just doing them all this time because I don't feel like I did as well as I could in unit 3 so I need this one to be higher!

do you know what his actual predictions are though? because i haven't seen them yet and it would be interesting to keep in mind

http://loopa2-loopa.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/PSYA4-Schizophrenia-June-2016-Predictions.jpg
http://loopa2-loopa.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Media-Psychology-2016-Predictions.jpg
Do you have to know the effect of computers for Media or is it just video games?

i don't have any good ways to remember them although i'm looking for some, but all we need to know is which test to use! we don't need to know how to actually use them:smile:

do you have your essays typed up? im a resit so im only doing psya4 but my essays are sub par i guess
Original post by Danny786
do you have your essays typed up? im a resit so im only doing psya4 but my essays are sub par i guess

I don't, I'm sorry :/ I literally left all my psya4 until last minute so mine would be in the same boat anyway.
I haven't had a chance to read these yet but people have been posting this link a lot so I would assume they are good ones for Sz:
https://marcotheman.wordpress.com/category/schizophrenia-2/

Also these for basic explanations for media: https://revisepsychology.wordpress.com/category/media-influence/

hope they help a little!

Someone said on here and i remember it like this

Nominal data + indepedent groups= chi squared
Ordinal data + independent groups= Man whintey u
Ordinal data + matched pairs= wilcoxon
Ordinal data + correlation= spearmans row

Literally the way i remember it
how do you improve internal and external validity and reliability?

Also what would you include in a question to "design a study" and how many marks would it be?
What's the likelihood of a classification and diagnosis q for schizophrenia coming up ? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone have any idea why grade boundaries are so low for these papers? On some papers you only need like 70% of the raw marks to get full ums
Original post by intelligent con
anyone have any idea why grade boundaries are so low for these papers? On some papers you only need like 70% of the raw marks to get full ums

I think people usually find the research methods hard, or the application questions. you can rote learn essays for psya3, but psya4 requires a lot more actual effort on your own part.
Original post by intelligent con

I'm guessing it's because the research methods mark scheme is pretty specific so people tend to lose marks there and lower the boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending