Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    Yeah chemistry im pretty much there with just keep dropping silly marks for not reading the q properly!! AQA for chem or...?
    I'm OCR 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    I'm OCR 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    looool m8 you need to put your head down ocr do not mess around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    I got 174 ums last year an A grade, I said on results day I am going to go for the A*, now I am probably gona be lucky to get a B

How come ? Didn't psay3 go well or don't you feel as
    Prepared as last year ? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone help me with this question "Outline one biological intervention for reducing addictive behaviour and evaluate theeffectiveness of this intervention. (4 marks + 6 marks)".

In the book for types of intervention, there are two biological interventions given - heroine addiction substituted with methadone and SSRIs for gambling addiction. First of all, if I were to select any of these, I don't think there is enough content to outline for 4 marks and secondly there is not A02 in the book either. There is about one A02 for each intervention which is definitely not enough for 6 marks.

Does anyone have any other interventions that they think may be better to answer this question, or any extra points for the ones given in the book in order to get full marks. I'm really struggling with this. If it were outline and evaluate biological interventions in general it would be okay, but since it asks for one specifically, I don't have enough detail to write a 10 marker on it. Would nictotine replacement therapy (NRT) be a good idea? I don't know.. Any help please?

ReputationRep:
    Guys remember that 12 marker last year on unit 1 for bowblys theory lmao i dont know why i just remembered it but i missed that out and like 2 other questions and i was pisssedddd

ReputationRep:
    Guys remember that 12 marker last year on unit 1 for bowblys theory lmao i dont know why i just remembered it but i missed that out and like 2 other questions and i was pisssedddd
    What grade did you get /UMS

ReputationRep:
    How do you get an A overall? 80% over both years?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, wanted to ask how is revision going? Have you finished covering everything?

I still haven't covered research methods and Models of addictive behaviour..so I'm f****d 😆

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with the addiction part? I am so stressful for it as I am not sure about my stuffs are able to score or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forbidden404)
    Can anyone help me with the addiction part? I am so stressful for it as I am not sure about my stuffs are able to score or not.
    Wha my are you stressed about? Which part? Btw I wanted to ask- have you learn A02 for all the models of gambling and smoking? (Cause I'm planning on just revising the Ao1 as there's not enough time)

ReputationRep:
    Appropriate stats test to check inter rater reliability???

Spearmans or test-rest etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Appropriate stats test to check inter rater reliability???

Spearmans or test-rest etc?
    I don't understand why stats tests are brought into this, but to check inter-rater reliability you get two observers to observe the same thing, and if their results are similar it makes it more reliable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Hi, can someone help me with this question "Outline one biological intervention for reducing addictive behaviour and evaluate theeffectiveness of this intervention. (4 marks + 6 marks)".

In the book for types of intervention, there are two biological interventions given - heroine addiction substituted with methadone and SSRIs for gambling addiction. First of all, if I were to select any of these, I don't think there is enough content to outline for 4 marks and secondly there is not A02 in the book either. There is about one A02 for each intervention which is definitely not enough for 6 marks.

Does anyone have any other interventions that they think may be better to answer this question, or any extra points for the ones given in the book in order to get full marks. I'm really struggling with this. If it were outline and evaluate biological interventions in general it would be okay, but since it asks for one specifically, I don't have enough detail to write a 10 marker on it. Would nictotine replacement therapy (NRT) be a good idea? I don't know.. Any help please?
    NRT would be a good one bcos u can talk about nicotine patches, nicotine gum etc and then just evaluate for example nrt releases nicotone into bloodstream much slower so many smokers give up therapy bcos not as satisfying as actual cigarette.

Or for intervention for drug use u can talk about antagnostic druga such as naltrexone one used to treat opiate addictions and gambling as decreases level of dopamine in brain which makes gambling less rewarding
    Sorry of this is so vague lol im literally trying to learn it all now😩

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    For PSYA3 in the eating behaviour topic instead of talking about biological I wrote a whole full essay on psychological would I get any marks (20 mark essay)
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Can someone explain to me, I know why a type 1 error, is when you reject the null hypothesis when its actually true, because you was too lenient with your significance level, but can someone explain why?
    Because saying the results were significant when they were not so its a type one error
    Hope that made sense but i may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hnaveeed846)
    Hello
    For PSYA3 in the eating behaviour topic instead of talking about biological I wrote a whole full essay on psychological would I get any marks (20 mark essay)
    Thank you
    Impossible, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsv)
    Do you think loopas predictions are trustworthy for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    No.
    He got all my topics right last year even when there was a replacement paper

ReputationRep:
    What sorta timing should we be looking at for this exam? I know the first topic we should spend about 30 mins on, but what about the next one and research methods? 30/40/50?

ReputationRep:
    Of course yes, cut it very short though i only have wednesday and tuesday to revise. wbu?
    Do you most of it? Is your bio exam 1h15 and 2h? If so how much do you know/remember

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.