Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adtr0706)
    What sorta timing should we be looking at for this exam? I know the first topic we should spend about 30 mins on, but what about the next one and research methods? 30/40/50?
    35 35 50 but they advise 50 minutes of RM. So depends how you handle the other situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    He got all my topics right last year even when there was a replacement paper
    I'm just thinking though if they put what he's predicted on for sz it would be so predictable and people would know what is going to be on (excluding classification and diagnosis)

Nobody should risk it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    I'm just thinking though if they put what he's predicted on for sz it would be so predictable and people would know what is going to be on (excluding classification and diagnosis)

Nobody should risk it.
    I cant comment on SZ but depression there was one or two well overdue same w addiction so i feel it will be one of those.

ReputationRep:
    How many questions are there on avg in research methods section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    How many questions are there on avg in research methods section?
    Around 10, probably 8 or 9

ReputationRep:
    Let's say there is a 10 mark question on the influence of media on pro-social behaviour (4+6).

Is it possibly to still pick up marks for evaluation if you present research findings as AO2 and criticise the methodology of said findings?

ReputationRep:
    Around 10, probably 8 or 9
    Bloody f*ck

ReputationRep:
    Research methods got me messed up 😑🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho_chicha)
    Let's say there is a 10 mark question on the influence of media on pro-social behaviour (4+6).

Is it possibly to still pick up marks for evaluation if you present research findings as AO2 and criticise the methodology of said findings?
    I've only seen pro social and anti social behaviour come up once with a scenario- but you do need to use evidence to support your A01 so yes.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's predictions for depression?

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's predictions for depression?
    1. issues w/ classification + diagnosis
    2. biological explanations
    3. biological therapies
    4. psychological therapies

ReputationRep:
    Guys I need your help for psycho explanations fof schizophrenia I only have 2 A02 points each for psychodynamic and cognitive approach I need more but I cant find any anywherree! any help?

ReputationRep:
    haven't done models of addiction yet... how much focus shall i put on it? like is it likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    cognitive approaches to gambling and smoking are most likely to come up...biological less likely but still possible....learning approach came up last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    haven't done models of addiction yet... how much focus shall i put on it? like is it likely to come up?
    ive found predicting addiction is really hard cause there are no specific patterns in questions so its hard to tell what will come up for that topic :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KourtneyYork11)
    cognitive approaches to gambling and smoking are most likely to come up...biological less likely but still possible....learning approach came up last year
    Have you prepared for the possible 10 markers on it?

ReputationRep:
    Because they published a second paper last year i really don't know what is going to come up, celebrity worship and stalking is my least favourite things and I'm not that good at it. It came up last year in the replacement paper so I'm not sure if they will do it again this year or if they won't because they did it last year. Can anyone shed any light on this?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone doing addiction explain to me the biological approach to gambling and smoking briefly? my notes don't make sense :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    ive found predicting addiction is really hard cause there are no specific patterns in questions so its hard to tell what will come up for that topic :/
    exactly! i mean i've got my 10 markers for the predictions, one of which is cognitive explanations.. but i havent done biological or learning yet and think i might just skim over them and get my head around them! there's just too much to learn-_-

ReputationRep:
    When revising does anyone else feel like you're "fake" revising even though you're making hella notes and trying your best? I feel like I'm not doing anything lol and just kidding myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.