Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    I feel you and I'm meant to be smashing this paper cause I messed up the first paper :'(
    literally same, like it sounds ridiculous but i was so prepared so the first paper like i knew my **** but my mind just went blank, i feel like i over-revised for it if thats even possible... so for this exam i've been less stressed and am not being so rigorous with revision and hoping it'll go a bit bitter..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadsss123456)
    Hey I'm stuck on the 2015 paper AQA unit 4 question 21. Why is the level of significance 0.01 and not 0.05 can someone help me please ?!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It can be either 0.01 or 0.05. I would always use 0.05 in the exam because that's the one psychologists tend to use as there is little room for a type1/2 error

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm stuck on the 2015 paper AQA unit 4 question 21. Why is the level of significance 0.01 and not 0.05 can someone help me please ?!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't panic! i haven't looked at that question but i do know that although the standard significance level used is 0.05, some psychologists choose to use 0.01?

ReputationRep:
    I'M PANICKING for research methods does anyone have a word document briefly outlining everything like nothing detailed please thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babitajades)
    Attachment 548853

hahaha, i've included a list of things that covers everything in research methods. The ones in bullet points are the stuff you've learnt in A2 and i suggest learning those fist as the questions are most likely to come up and also because you're already familiar with As stuff.

One amazing user had posted a link that covers all the research methods seciton and i honestly think you don't even need to look at your notes to revise- just follow the document haha. (but you probably should still look at your notes as they may be more easier to understand xD)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/050vv14ktr...Topic.pdf?dl=1

pls give me some rep xD
    you're a life saver, thank you! i gave you rep the only thing is that the link you gave me is so long and complex, i guess i'm just lazy but if that really is everything i need then that's fine. Thank you again!x

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mark scheme says; The result is significant at both p<0.05 and p<0.01 levels; reference to either is acceptable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    you're a life saver, thank you! i gave you rep the only thing is that the link you gave me is so long and complex, i guess i'm just lazy but if that really is everything i need then that's fine. Thank you again!x
    hmm, isn't the link clickable?? I think you're viewing it from your phone, try clicking the link from a laptop or desktop?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone doing the schizophrenia topic does atypical antipsychotic drugs and conventional antipsychotic drugs count as 2 different biological therapies for schizophrenia or do they count as one??

ReputationRep:
    I've finished both schiz and research methods and should be able to start Media by around 3pm today...I was wondering how long will it take my cover media considering the questions are only 10 max?? also on tips as i have no idea how to do media???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplebricks)
    HEY
    how many ao1 and ao2 would u need for a 24 mark on depression?? help
    Don't know if someone has answered this, but you answer depression 24 markers just as you did for 24 markers in psya3.

You need a maximum of 250 words (ideally less) for outline. Then give 4 developed evaluations, and remember to always link it back to the question in terms of how it would affect the theory/therapy. You don't need IDAs like you did in psya3, but you can still be given marks on them if you do use them ( not essential). Hope that helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does theory of planned behaviour come under cognitive approach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ardavis)
    For anyone doing the schizophrenia topic does atypical antipsychotic drugs and conventional antipsychotic drugs count as 2 different biological therapies for schizophrenia or do they count as one??
    They count as one

ReputationRep:
    I count them as one, but if it's full 24 marks on biological treatment, I've got loads on drugs and then fill the rest with ECT because it's easy to remember mad evaluation (ethics, autonomy, plus t doesn't actually work). The 2 treatments don't have to be equally weighted so you could get 17 for writing about drug and then 7 for writing about ECT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sukirtha)
    They count as one
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gezza_O'Brien)
    I count them as one, but if it's full 24 marks on biological treatment, I've got loads on drugs and then fill the rest with ECT because it's easy to remember mad evaluation (ethics, autonomy, plus t doesn't actually work). The 2 treatments don't have to be equally weighted so you could get 17 for writing about drug and then 7 for writing about ECT

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay that makes it easier thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    They can count as 2 if you clearly distinguish between them and not generally refer to them as drugs.

ReputationRep:
    For media do we need to know evaluative points for hovland yale if it's only going to be an application question? i'm confused :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think will come up for addiction/ depression? Forget loopa's predictions lol I'm interested in what you guys think? I have a feeling for depression it will be biological therapies, and for addiction I think the learning explanation and the theory of planned behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown_eyes)
    What does everyone think will come up for addiction/ depression? Forget loopa's predictions lol I'm interested in what you guys think? I have a feeling for depression it will be biological therapies, and for addiction I think the learning explanation and the theory of planned behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For addiction, psychological interventions and public health are overdue, but aside from that it's very hard to tell

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465814827.734814.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  78.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for media how many AO1 Points should i be making and how many AO2 considering max marks is 10-12??

also does anyone know how long it'll roughly take me to go over the whole of media???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.