The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know where I can find last years PSYA4 paper? not the R one but the normal one
Original post by notafail
For media do we need to know evaluative points for hovland yale if it's only going to be an application question? i'm confused :afraid:

You need to know research studies to support your points but that's it I think.

So if you say 'HYM states that ___ is important for persuasion' you say a study that supports that theory, and then then you link it back to the question by saying 'Therefore the advert should use ________ as it means that _________ which well help persuade the audience'. Or just generally something along those lines.
Original post by SharinganShahz
Hi, for media how many AO1 Points should i be making and how many AO2 considering max marks is 10-12??

also does anyone know how long it'll roughly take me to go over the whole of media???

It depends on the question and the amount of depth you go into, but I'd say min 2, max 4, I'm probably going for 3.

Also if you're going to be learning all the theorists and stuff and don't already know any, I'd suggest at least an hour for each topic, but I mean again it depends on how much depth you want to go into
Original post by toetothunder
Does anyone know where I can find last years PSYA4 paper? not the R one but the normal one

I can't send you the link as you have to be logged in but I can screenshot the paper for you if you like?
Original post by brown_eyes
What does everyone think will come up for addiction/ depression? Forget loopa's predictions lol I'm interested in what you guys think? I have a feeling for depression it will be biological therapies, and for addiction I think the learning explanation and the theory of planned behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why would learning theory come up for addiction😳
Original post by ccchiara
I can't send you the link as you have to be logged in but I can screenshot the paper for you if you like?

Yes please! :smile:
I can't believe exam is tomorrow... my panic mode is late this time. Hope one day is enough to be prepared 🙁
For media what are people doing for the explanations for the persuasiveness of TV advertising?
Original post by kuraishi
I can't believe exam is tomorrow... my panic mode is late this time. Hope one day is enough to be prepared 🙁

same boat:frown: i say just skim over everything a few times and hope it sticks:tongue:
Original post by nadsss123456
Hey I'm stuck on the 2015 paper AQA unit 4 question 21. Why is the level of significance 0.01 and not 0.05 can someone help me please ?!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

0.01 is generally used for clinical trials (drug tests) because they want to rid of as many false positives as possible
0.05 is the standard one, which is almost always the one you'll use :smile:
Original post by wickedisgood
You need to know research studies to support your points but that's it I think.

So if you say 'HYM states that ___ is important for persuasion' you say a study that supports that theory, and then then you link it back to the question by saying 'Therefore the advert should use ________ as it means that _________ which well help persuade the audience'. Or just generally something along those lines.

Oh i see thanks but would there ever be a question like outline and evaluate the HYM?
does anyone have the original paper from last year
could somebody confirm to me that ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy) cannot be used as a biological therapy for schizophrenia anymore? people i speak to say that using it in your essay will gain no credit and that i should only refer to medication, conventional and atypical.
For risk factors in development of addiction, do we have to know all three (stress/peers/personality) or will they just say outline ONE?
Original post by issie1234
For risk factors in development of addiction, do we have to know all three (stress/peers/personality) or will they just say outline ONE?

Usually its discuss two. I personally would make sure you know atleast two.
anyone have any good studies for addiction? :smile:
Somebody care to mark my pscho explanations essay, i've been asking for ages......
Original post by EKA Mathsboy
could somebody confirm to me that ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy) cannot be used as a biological therapy for schizophrenia anymore? people i speak to say that using it in your essay will gain no credit and that i should only refer to medication, conventional and atypical.

we were told to use it only as a secondary therapy, so if it was an 8 marker
Original post by EKA Mathsboy

The mark scheme for a biological therapies question says this for A01: 'Other biological therapies such as ECT and psychosurgery can gain AO1 credit.' and for A02: 'Students who cover ECT as AO1 should make it clear that this treatment wasused historically but has not been widely used for schizophrenia or deemed appropriate inrecent years. However, its more recent use in conjunction with antipsychotics for drugresistant patients could provide effective evaluation.'

So basically you can use it but must state that it had a greater historic use.
Original post by SunDun111
Somebody care to mark my pscho explanations essay, i've been asking for ages......

I'll do it just send it to me

Latest

Trending

Trending