Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For topics where the AO1 is mainly comprised of studies like negative/positive effects of video games, can we also use studies for AO2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKA Mathsboy)
    could somebody confirm to me that ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy) cannot be used as a biological therapy for schizophrenia anymore? people i speak to say that using it in your essay will gain no credit and that i should only refer to medication, conventional and atypical.
    This was Jan 2013

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465817485.800436.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  129.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465817492.491787.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  211.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notafail)
    Oh i see thanks but would there ever be a question like outline and evaluate the HYM?
    It's unlikely, but I don't think it's impossible. Much more likely to be either application of the models or just outlining them. But I'd say if you're having these doubts you should quickly memorise some simple evaluation for it to put yourself at ease lol. Also it could come up and you would be way more prepared than the rest of us!

ReputationRep:
    For Hovland Yale you must have A01 backed up by research evidence to get into the top band.

ReputationRep:
    'discuss psychological explanations of schizophrenia' (24 marks)

for this question would we need to include everything on cognitive psychodynamic and all of socio-cultural factors or we could possibly just cover life events and labelling theory in socio and psychodynamic??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharinganShahz)
    'discuss psychological explanations of schizophrenia' (24 marks)

for this question would we need to include everything on cognitive psychodynamic and all of socio-cultural factors or we could possibly just cover life events and labelling theory in socio and psychodynamic??
    Yeah my plan is Psychodynamic and Labelling and life events for socio

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Original past paper 2015 (not replacement)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-PSYA4-QP-Jun15.pdf (274.2 KB, 65 views)
  2. File Type: pdf AQA-PSYA4 (Original QP)-W-MS-Jun15.pdf (264.1 KB, 62 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gezza_O'Brien)
    Yeah my plan is Psychodynamic and Labelling and life events for socio

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cheers, mind telling me ur evaluation points for psychodynamic and life events??

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone have any example/sample answers for addiction? not entirely sure how to structure questions or how much to include. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just checking, we don't have to use both names for studies right? So for like Anderson & Dill, we could just say Anderson et al. or Dill et al?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adtr0706)
    Just checking, we don't have to use both names for studies right? So for like Anderson & Dill, we could just say Anderson et al. or Dill et al?
    Nah I don't think it matters. I always remember studies as et all unless I automatically know who the other is lol. So yeah, you don't have to put both.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please HELP!

SO, if for research methods there is a critical value table and the observed value is 30 for example, and the test was Wilcoxon or Mann Whitney and we had to see if 30 was significant.
    If the number we had to compare it against as the critical value was LESS than 30- then it would be signifiant right?

BUT if the test was Chi Square or Spearman's Rho- and the critical value was less than 30- it wouldn't be significant?

Have i got this right????

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know good places to learn depression?

ReputationRep:
    What's the highest mark question we can get on the major features of science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    Can someone please HELP!

SO, if for research methods there is a critical value table and the observed value is 30 for example, and the test was Wilcoxon or Mann Whitney and we had to see if 30 was significant.
    If the number we had to compare it against as the critical value was LESS than 30- then it would be signifiant right?

BUT if the test was Chi Square or Spearman's Rho- and the critical value was less than 30- it wouldn't be significant?

Have i got this right????
    yeah you nailed it. the observed value should be greater than the critical value for spearmans and chi square, but has to be less for Wilcoxon and mann whitney

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    yeah you nailed it. the observed value should be greater than the critical value for spearmans and chi square, but has to be less for Wilcoxon and mann whitney
    We don't have to remember that it tells us in the exam dosen't it?

ReputationRep:
    if we forget the name of a psychologist and just substitute it with 'research has found...' or something like that, will we lose marks for not naming the psychologist?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its possible for them to ask an 8 marker on-
    outline one psychological therapy and one biological therapy? (8)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    We don't have to remember that it tells us in the exam dosen't it?
    I don't think it does, i think you have to know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    if we forget the name of a psychologist and just substitute it with 'research has found...' or something like that, will we lose marks for not naming the psychologist?
    You shouldn't lose marks so long as the examiner can tell what piece of research you're referring to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.