Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3cklesspixie)
    for the hovland yale model, if the question is an application to a scenario, do you need ao2 studies supporting the model only?
    Well yes - but you don't have to go OTT.

Eg. The message is also a influential factor in changing audience attitudes. The message would be more effective if it was two sided (example). Moderate fear also increases the effectiveness of persuasion (example). This was supported by a real life drug campaign in 2008, regarding ICE an Australian drug 78% of 13-24 year olds reported the advert had changed their attitude about drug taking. However, too much fear in a message can turn people off completely.

Hope that helps?

PS ICE JUST ISNT AUSTRALIAN IT IS AN INTERNATIONAL DRUG LMAO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Do you have the original one?
    Ok snappy I have the mark scheme.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-PSYA4 (Original QP)-W-MS-Jun15.pdf (263.9 KB, 44 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Well yes - but you don't have to go OTT.

Eg. The message is also a influential factor in changing audience attitudes. The message would be more effective if it was two sided (example). Moderate fear also increases the effectiveness of persuasion (example). This was supported by a real life drug campaign in 2008, regarding ICE an Australian drug 78% of 13-24 year olds reported the advert had changed their attitude about drug taking. However, too much fear in a message can turn people off completely.

Hope that helps?

PS ICE JUST ISNT AUSTRALIAN IT IS AN INTERNATIONAL DRUG LMAO.
    Yes it does, Thankyou!
    Also, do you have an ao2 point for audience factors, I don't really understand mine!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I won't get higher than a C in this exam tomorrow.:cry::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Does theory of planned behavior come under cognitive approach?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I can't be asked learning models for addiction which one is more likely to come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3cklesspixie)
    Yes it does, Thankyou!
    Also, do you have an ao2 point for audience factors, I don't really understand mine!
    Younger people are more susceptible to persuasion than adults and the elderly (Loftus 2003)
    Children are more susceptible to the power of advertising . (Martin 1997)

Isn't really any massive A02 points mainly just quotes, remember high/ low intelligence too (No quote for that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Ok snappy I have the mark scheme.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    DO we need to know what induction and deduction are and evaluation of scientific approach??

ReputationRep:
    anyone leaving out the bio explanation and bio therapies for schizo? dont have time to revise all the essays

ReputationRep:
    What would AO3 marks be for for the issues with classification & diagnosis of depression essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georginarosee)
    Just wondered what people want to come up in the exam tomorrow?
    for schizophrenia I would love it to be psychological explanations, and for addiction I hope they just decide to completely exclude from the paper because I really hate it lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethM98)
    for schizophrenia I would love it to be psychological explanations, and for addiction I hope they just decide to completely exclude from the paper because I really hate it lool
    For psycho explanations are u doing psychodynamic and cognitive ? I don't have enough A02 points for them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_96)
    anyone leaving out the bio explanation and bio therapies for schizo? dont have time to revise all the essays
    I've gone over them but haven't really learnt it like the rest of the questions/predictions for Schizophrenia

ReputationRep:
    Out of 35 what scores are people tending to get for research methods? I'm finding it so hard definitely the worst part!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucytal)
    Out of 35 what scores are people tending to get for research methods? I'm finding it so hard definitely the worst part!
    Around 27

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carli97)
    Around 27
    That's really good! How do you revise it?

ReputationRep:
    The highest mark I've got so far is 24... I find it really difficult I'm just really hoping they don't ask us to plan an experiment 😭

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have notes on peer review? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMGGG guysss i need help with the Models of addictive behaviour!! Are you revising all the A02 points for each of the explanation?? Do you know any general evaluation points that i can remember cause i don't want to revise any more studies. Also, can you help me with Learning and Biological models??

For bio initiation for smoking, what is the explanation based on??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.