Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    hey, do you have model answers for media?
    I don't have my essays anymore, sorry.

Also (and this goes for anyone asking me for my A* essays) even if I did still have my essays, I don't think you'll revise as effectively by essentially copying someone else's work.. One thing that I found helped for me was researching myself for any additional studies/AO3 points I needed and then constructing my own essay. That way I found helped me memorise it more because I knew what I had written and why I had written that essay in that certain way with the studies I knew. I'm sure there will be people out there who'll disagree with me (which is fine) and I'm more than happy to help anyone where I can but I don't want people just copying all of my hard work so they can get a good grade.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't really started revising psychology properly I'm gonna bang it out tomorrow
    Chemistry and biology been taking all my time...
    Should i be worried? O_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    I haven't really started revising psychology properly I'm gonna bang it out tomorrow
    Chemistry and biology been taking all my time...
    Should i be worried? O_o
    Depends on your ability, I haven't started either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smozsolution)
    If anyone wants any advice for AQA A2 psychology then PM me as I got an A* in A2 with virtually full UMS in my exams last year
    WOW, real talk thats amazing!

By any chance do you have your notes from last year?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazx12)
    WOW, real talk thats amazing!

By any chance do you have your notes from last year?

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you

No I don't. See my above post.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

No I don't. See my above post.
    Hi, for research methods were there any techniques in particular that you used to answer the different large mark answers to ensure full marks, because i need the a* for uni at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Hi, for research methods were there any techniques in particular that you used to answer the different large mark answers to ensure full marks, because i need the a* for uni at the moment
    I made sure I revised the content thoroughly, practiced past papers and then when answering the question always related it back to the context given.

ReputationRep:
    How do you link methodological evaluations to the actual essay itself as well as the study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Depends on your ability, I haven't started either
    Thank God
    I'm using loopa so just memorising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Thank God
    I'm using loopa so just memorising
    There's plenty of time in my opinion, I'm not too worried as I have a good memory (let's hope it works when needed!)

ReputationRep:
    I've woken up today feeling so clueless about revision! Like I've spent the past week making flashcards on stuff that I don't even understand... I have the Loopa books but I don't know whether I'll be able to remember all of the essays so I haven't been doing that...

How is everyone revising for psychology? I'm doing PSYA3 Sleep, Relationships and Gender and PSYA4 Addiction and Schizophrenia. Anyone have any revision notes or tips in just remembering the information? I'm clueless

ReputationRep:
    I made sure I revised the content thoroughly, practiced past papers and then when answering the question always related it back to the context given.
    Were there any other ways you practised research methods aside from past papers? Self-taught student so don't have any resources from teachers etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekah22)
    Were there any other ways you practised research methods aside from past papers? Self-taught student so don't have any resources from teachers etc...
    Past papers are easily accessible online

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are easily accessible online
    oh yeah haha I know its just ive basically done them all and was wondering what other research methods revision methods people used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekah22)
    oh yeah haha I know its just ive basically done them all and was wondering what other research methods revision methods people used
    Im just planning on doing the questions until I get full marks you're in a good position if you've already done them all, I need to start!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, let's hope no papers get stolen this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    for the gender unit A2 you would need to learn a separate 24 marker for gender dysphoria and a separate 24 marker biosocial approaches to gender development. It's just that our teacher has made us write separate essays but I've never seen them come up separately and in the spec they are joint together. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am very confused at the moment.
    Hey I was confused about this aswell! I'd kind of rather them be separate because I'm not sure how I'd combine the two. Do you know if we're expected to mention gender dysphoria in an essay on bio social approach? Because it's not in my text book but it does put them in the same sentence on spec as you say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebecushion)
    Hey I was confused about this aswell! I'd kind of rather them be separate because I'm not sure how I'd combine the two. Do you know if we're expected to mention gender dysphoria in an essay on bio social approach? Because it's not in my text book but it does put them in the same sentence on spec as you say
    You should learn them both separately and together

ReputationRep:
    You should learn them both separately and together
    How would you learn them together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    I've woken up today feeling so clueless about revision! Like I've spent the past week making flashcards on stuff that I don't even understand... I have the Loopa books but I don't know whether I'll be able to remember all of the essays so I haven't been doing that...

How is everyone revising for psychology? I'm doing PSYA3 Sleep, Relationships and Gender and PSYA4 Addiction and Schizophrenia. Anyone have any revision notes or tips in just remembering the information? I'm clueless
    Yeh although you feel you cant remember them i would advise to try and memorize the essays especially for unit 3, just because the exam is literally 3 essays with no short questions so doing mind maps and flash cards imo isnt useful, because not only are you under time limit you have to then structure your essay from notes from flash cards etc compared to memorizing an essay to where its just simple recall.

For tips literally chunking information down in small bits i havent started fully but i did do bits in February. What i did was for something like sleep and circadian rhythms break the essay down into parts so memorize a few lines at a time and things like evaluation after a while become second nature and then for essays later you dont have to memorize eval points because you can change them to fit essays. Study wise its easier because we only really need to know results and apply to the essay. I know what i said was brief but the best thing is to literally practice and re write you have 4 weeks to do this so dont panic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.