The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 14grahamr
Good luck for tomorrow guys, just make sure you focus and do your best! Here's some last tips:....
Best of luck guys:smile::smile:

Thank you for those! I definitely make sure to resort to methodology when I can't remember anything else haha. Good luck to you too!
for psychological explanations of schizophrenia....do we need to know 3 explanations or 2???? i really don't understand cognitive approach and i want to leave it out
Original post by bubblegumcat
for psychological explanations of schizophrenia....do we need to know 3 explanations or 2???? i really don't understand cognitive approach and i want to leave it out

I'm doing psychodynamic, and double bind and life events
so three technically
though life events is simple
Reply 5603
2 is fine!
Original post by kanelynne
Has anyone else really struggled with psya4, like more so then psya3 (despite the loopa prediction fiasco), like I feel like I'm so so unprepared compared to psya3

this is me

I'm doing 3 - Cognitive, Psychodynamic, Expressed Emotions
Reply 5606
Original post by wickedisgood
does it always have to be something that can be disproven? and is that because it's hard/impossible to 100% prove something but if you disprove something once then it's proof its not true? feel like i vaguely remember that but just wanna check lol (also is there a word for the opposite of falsification or is that not a thing..?)

I'm not sure 100% lol I barley know it myself 😭 But yeah I'd say you have to disprove it because if you can't then it must be true. If you disprove it once then that's enough to reject it. I don't know about word for the opposite of falsification but I know there is a word for something that cannot be proven nor disproven. That's called unfalsifiable. E.g. Freud's psychodynamic explanation about he subconscious - you can't prove it exists but you also can't prove that is doesn't exist. Does that make sense?

Anyway this was the book says
Original post by jra97
2 is fine!

yay!

Original post by Mesosleepy
I'm doing 3 - Cognitive, Psychodynamic, Expressed Emotions

i'm doing those as well
but i'm leaving out cognitive :/
Lmao I just want it to be over
Original post by evekay
this is me
Original post by yasx_
I'm not sure 100% lol I barley know it myself 😭 But yeah I'd say you have to disprove it because if you can't then it must be true. If you disprove it once then that's enough to reject it. I don't know about word for the opposite of falsification but I know there is a word for something that cannot be proven nor disproven. That's called unfalsifiable. E.g. Freud's psychodynamic explanation about he subconscious - you can't prove it exists but you also can't prove that is doesn't exist. Does that make sense?

Anyway this was the book says

Yes that makes sense! Thanks, that's really helpful :smile:
Reply 5610
Is there a point in revising biological explanations of schizophrenia? It came up in the replacement paper and I really don't like the a02 for it lol I don't know enough so I'm really hoping it doesn't come up
Anyone else in the weird position of wanting the exam to be over with but not actually wanting to go and do it lol
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Kind of if youve done sociology youll know how to answer i have a rough idea but im worried its going to come up as it hasnt appeared in the past papers on AQA website.

lool i do sociology, that exam is next week and i dont even know what topics im doing rip
Original post by adtr0706
Anyone else in the weird position of wanting the exam to be over with but not actually wanting to go and do it lol

again, this is me
Aww, if only I had one more full day to revise... 😩 Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone xo
Guys ! Please how do I make an experiment or design one ? Do I do it on a table ? My teacher told me that TODAY
guys do you ever get so tired that you start getting really hyper and stupid like i just caught myself talking to myself and making really dumb jokes and its just like 'i need to go to bed ... but revision'
Reply 5618
Guys i havent gone over biological therapies to depression as much just hoping it doesnt come up!! i want bio explanations to come up sooo bad and also im worried about research methods not done much revision for it :/
Original post by deebaby
Guys ! Please how do I make an experiment or design one ? Do I do it on a table ? My teacher told me that TODAY

Don't do it in a table, i don't understand why you would honestly. But you should use headings to separate things so its easy to make sure you remember everything, especially if the question specifically asks for certain things (e.g. sample, hypothesis, procedure)

Latest

Trending

Trending