The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitty201322
Niether did i :frown: but tbh it specifially said media influence and there was another question on initiation so i dont think you had to *** aqa tbh

Yeah I did same, hopefully we are ok.
Original post by BethM98
I did schizophrenia and addiction! I really didn't like the addiction questions, especially the 10mark one on psychological interventions :frown:

oh apparently with the schizo question it wasn't very good this year? and ew addiction was HORRIBLE the media question I legit just say there for like 5 mins thinking what to write!!! and psy interventions was horrible.. what did you write for it? i think i did motivational interviewing?
Reply 6022
Original post by Biologist123
I used single and double blind? not sure if thats internal validity !!

Was that the question to test the validity of the questionnaire??? I don't know if this is right, but you could about predictive validity, concurrent validity or face validity .

I can't remember the questions anymore
For the directional hypothesis waasn't it just talking about the questonaires, I wrote people who are 16 will have higher anxiety scores from the questionsiares than the 15 year olds?
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
oh apparently with the schizo question it wasn't very good this year? and ew addiction was HORRIBLE the media question I legit just say there for like 5 mins thinking what to write!!! and psy interventions was horrible.. what did you write for it? i think i did motivational interviewing?

I didn't mind the schiz question this year! yeah omg I hated media too I literally had no clue :/ I think I wrote about CBT??
Original post by yasx_
Guys!!!! For unit 3 I just realised that I didn't put the number of the question in the boxes (I'm an idiot yes I know but I didn't read it) instead I put it next to the answer on the actual lines so e.g. 02) biological explanations state....

Will this affect anything? Omg I'm praying it doesn't because I didn't write ANY of the question numbers in the boxes only on the lines
I noticed my mistake in today's exams and filled it in correctly but I'm panicking now because I realised I didn't for unit 3

Dont panic, if you check the AQA website they clearly state that they will do everything they can to make sure you get the marks even if you don't write the question answers, as long as its relatively clear in your answers which questions you did, like the fact you wrote the numbers, then you'll be fine. They scan everything so they make sure its the right question, you should be fine if its clear in the question.
Original post by BethM98
I didn't mind the schiz question this year! yeah omg I hated media too I literally had no clue :/ I think I wrote about CBT??

oh thats good:biggrin: and media was the one i was praying didnt come up but it did... and yeah CBT is a valid response! i found it so hard to write evaluation.. think i did 2 points :frown:
I just realised I labelled my axis wrong, I did it the other way around - will I lose marks ?
oh thats good:biggrin: and media was the one i was praying didnt come up but it did... and yeah CBT is a valid response! i found it so hard to write evaluation.. think i did 2 points :frown:

yeah I swear there are barely any supporting studies you can use?? I agree, media was one of my weakest ones :frown: what did you say for media?
Original post by violetvictorious
Wait, was the exam out of 83? 24 plus 24 plus 35? If so, the grade boundaries were HIGH last year for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah 64 for an A* last year

57 in 2014

-4 in 2016 hopefully
Reply 6030
Original post by SunDun111
For the directional hypothesis waasn't it just talking about the questonaires, I wrote people who are 16 will have higher anxiety scores from the questionsiares than the 15 year olds?

That's what I thought!!! But everyone else's seems to have done it for the anxiety programme. I am so confused. If we're wrong that's two easy marks gone :frown:
Wasn't the data interval? Because they were measured using units of equal interval (anxiety scores). Pretty sure that's right. :smile:
Reply 6032
Original post by amelialily97
Dont panic, if you check the AQA website they clearly state that they will do everything they can to make sure you get the marks even if you don't write the question answers, as long as its relatively clear in your answers which questions you did, like the fact you wrote the numbers, then you'll be fine. They scan everything so they make sure its the right question, you should be fine if its clear in the question.

Okay thank you so much! Now I can relax 😂
Original post by BethM98
yeah I swear there are barely any supporting studies you can use?? I agree, media was one of my weakest ones :frown: what did you say for media?

supporting studies for what one, psy. interventions or the media question? and for media i said about role models and how he is inspired by them to smoke, and threw in some research like '59% of people do copy their favourite celebs behaviour', and i said about how gambling is portrayed as 'fun' and 'normal'.. and thats it!!! i legit couldn't think! what about you?
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
his predictions messed up my chances of an A :frown:

you're failure to revise effectively 'messed up chances of an A'
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
his predictions messed up my chances of an A :frown:

Shouldn't rely on predictions :frown:
Reply 6036
Original post by violetvictorious
Wait, was the exam out of 83? 24 plus 24 plus 35? If so, the grade boundaries were HIGH last year for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can't be higher that the boundaries last year, can they?

Do you think they will be higher???

I feel like people did well in research methods, but maybe not on schizophrenia as we were all expecting classfication and diagnosis
Don't understand how people can blame the Loopa fella if they don't do as well as they would have liked???

You revise predictions knowing there's a risk AQA could choose any question they like, plus they're meant to act as a guide rather than entirely shape your revision.

Entirely your own fault, don't have any sympathy.
supporting studies for what one, psy. interventions or the media question? and for media i said about role models and how he is inspired by them to smoke, and threw in some research like '59% of people do copy their favourite celebs behaviour', and i said about how gambling is portrayed as 'fun' and 'normal'.. and thats it!!! i legit couldn't think! what about you?

tbh I found there wasn't a lot of research for either, particularly media though! I think I might have made up a study hahaha, I wrote about role models too and also for gambling if he saw adverts on tv because it said he watches lots of tv too
On average it's around 60-62 for an A* on that paper...PLEASE BE LOW THIS YEAR

Latest