Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHobbs)
    If it was ordinal what did u say the test was then?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    still a Mann Whitney u test, you can get the mark for saying 'at least ordinal' or 'more complex than nominal' rather than specifying ordinal/ ratio/ interval

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie2466)
    Did anyone else do anomalistic?
    Yaaaaaaas

ReputationRep:
    Was the graph supposed to be in pen!??!?!?!?!?!! I was so happy i did it correctly oh my god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepdreaming-)
    I wrote that the scores would be lower after the programme but then I thought it might be wrong so I wrote "or..." what would I get for that? 0? Or would they mark the first answer?
    You had to state one direction so if you wrote 'or' I don't think you'd get the full two marks. I'm not entirely sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plexy76)
    still a Mann Whitney u test, you can get the mark for saying 'at least ordinal' or 'more complex than nominal' rather than specifying ordinal/ ratio/ interval
    Even though I said Spearman rho? -and then independent groups and nominal data?

ReputationRep:
    Phobias anyone???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie2466)
    Did anyone else do anomalistic?
    Yes! How many methodological problems of the Ganzfeld procedure did you include in that second question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Of course you would, the data was not continuous. If your bars touched then you've definitely lost a mark and probably should go back to AS and learn how to express discontinuous data.
    I think you need to go back to GCSE maths and learn how to learn from mark schemes, baby girl x

ReputationRep:
    For the one tailed hypothesis reason, am I the only 1 who put its because previous research already suggests the direction of the difference...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aishakayx)
    For the one tailed hypothesis reason, am I the only 2 who put its because previous research already suggests the direction of the difference...?
    I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioandluigi)
    I think you need to go back to GCSE maths and learn how to learn from mark schemes, baby girl x

maths to read a mark scheme?

g'wan

ReputationRep:
    It was so *****y biological therapies came up barely did any revision on it. Addiction and research methods were okay.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote to aviod bias
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    for the question on why the particpants was randomly allocated to each conditon? would it be to avoid treatement bias? could this be a sufficient answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aishakayx)
    For the one tailed hypothesis reason, am I the only 2 who put its because previous research already suggests the direction of the difference...?
    I put the hypothesis is directional which can be backed up with evidence from previous research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Yaaaaaaas
    Yeyaa, how'd you find the questions? I was quite pleased with them

(Original post by Jadejadejade16)
    Yes! How many methodological problems of the Ganzfeld procedure did you include in that second question?
    I felt the questions were quite nice ones woo 🎉 How did you feel? I literally tried to eek out everything I could find haha! From what I can remember I put the sheep-goat effect because she's a believer, the fact she volunteered herself, only having them in different rooms and not sound proof or electromagnetically shielded, playing white noise through the headphones (just incase ahha as they didn't state anything would be playing through them), having the sender choose the image instead of being randomly chosen by computer, use of the researcher giving the cards to reciever (I.e he could pass on info with a bent corner for example), only using one person and the file drawer effect by choosing the 'hits' that occurred during the several trials but overlooking the 'misses'. Literally just brain vomited everything in my brain onto the paper in hope they'll find some marks haha. How many did you put?

ReputationRep:
    Oh GOD I wish I never read this I thought the last section was taking about repeated measures?! I was in such a rush I must've read it wrong Does anyone remember how many marks were based on the matched pairs bit? Was it just a 2+2 or was there another 4 marker before it? Desperately needed to smash research methods as everything else went sh*t I am guttedddd... goodbye uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosahra)
    Spearman rho ? I thought it was correlational but at least Mann whitney and Spearman are both ordinal and independent groups, that's what I mean would I be able to get marks or not?
    No you wouldn't because u had to get the test right for the justification marks to be awarded! Says on this mark scheme for a different paper-
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465912137.614957.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  49.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosahra)
    Even though I said Spearman rho? -and then independent groups and nominal data?
    Unfortunately seems like 0 from this previous mark scheme

Name:  image.png
Views: 117
Size:  136.2 KB

Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allibay)
    Phobias anyone???
    yeah how did you find it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHobbs)
    If it was ordinal what did u say the test was then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mann Whitney U

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.