Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetvictorious)
    Can anyone draw the correct bar chart? I still don't understand how you would do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My bar chart that I did.

Click on enable editing if it shows up weird.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Median.docx (31.8 KB, 172 views)

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me out? I got 162 ums last year which is an A how many ums marks do i need this year to get an A*??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wormit)
    So I did conventional and atypical anti-psychotics as biological therapies for schizophrenia as the Jan 2013 mark scheme said ECT could only be credited if it was clear in the A01/A02 that is it no longer recommended/used apart from drug resistant patients. Everyone else I know did drugs and ECT so can I only get 12 marks max?
    No, I did exactly the same = antipsychotics only. The question said 'one or more', so as long as our answers were detail-rich, we're good! I've heard that about ECT as well, and I got taught to write an essay without it soo ya

ReputationRep:
    Right so for the statistical test I put 'Mann Whitley' instead of 'Mann Whitney' will I lose the mark ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottA1997)
    ahh is it still likely i'll get an A in this paper? I feel like the rest of the exam was relatively easy
    Say you got full marks on everything else you would get a total mark of 71 out of 83. And judging by the previous two years the grade for an A is 57 (2015) and 50 (2014), so you have a great chance of getting an A even if you did supposedly drop few other marks elsewhere. You even got a good chance of getting an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wormit)
    So I did conventional and atypical anti-psychotics as biological therapies for schizophrenia as the Jan 2013 mark scheme said ECT could only be credited if it was clear in the A01/A02 that is it no longer recommended/used apart from drug resistant patients. Everyone else I know did drugs and ECT so can I only get 12 marks max?
    Oh my seriously!? I wrote in by A02 that ECT mainly treats short-term symptoms, linked that its used as a last resort (i.e. prefer drugs or CBT with more research and acclaimed credibility). I must admit the bulk of my essay was on ECT with drugs minimal (full A01 with like 2/3 A02 points)

Does this mean I am covered or not?

ReputationRep:
    i make the same mistake as well!! I'm kicking myself about it! i thought it was going really well and i knew loads about the public health interventions! i read interventions' and went straight in, should have read the question again

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop worrying I didn't prepare as much for biological therapies I knew about it though but just couldn't remember studies just the fact that 30% of the antipsychotics cause tardive dyskinesia and I think I muddled up conventional and atypical AHH. RM and addiction was okay :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georginarosee)
    My bar chart that I did.

Looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    Right so for the statistical test I put 'Mann Whitley' instead of 'Mann Whitney' will I lose the mark ?
    No.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel quite sad that psychology is over? I kind of miss it!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IOU-OJH-MQ

ReputationRep:
    Ugh for the 10 mark addiction one wasn't it focussed on the impact of media? Ugh I'm so stressed because I didn't properly reference any theories (so like behaviour approach, SLT) because I thought they wanted us to solely focus on the effect of media? Did I completely flop that question?!

ReputationRep:
    I did schizophrenia and media.
    What did you put in your esaays?
    Anyone else keep forgetting names and putting "one psychologist found"..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Does anyone else feel quite sad that psychology is over? I kind of miss it!
    Not sad, but i feel lost today was my last exam😂 not sure what to do with myself right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moeshaaodonkorr)
    Ugh for the 10 mark addiction one wasn't it focussed on the impact of media? Ugh I'm so stressed because I didn't properly reference any theories (so like behaviour approach, SLT) because I thought they wanted us to solely focus on the effect of media? Did I completely flop that question?!
    I found that the hardest question of the paper. I spoke about some theories but mainly SLT, advertisements and just linked it back to Tony. I'm praying I did enough to get more then 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie2466)
    Did anyone else do anomalistic?
    Yeah I did
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbey15)
    Not sad, but i feel lost today was my last exam😂 not sure what to do with myself right now!
    Haha I have three left! My plan once exams are over is to stay in bed for a long time watching YouTube videos and rubbish reality television

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMLFW)
    To everyone worrying about if it was interval data or ordinal. I put ordinal because AQA can only ask for Chi-squared, wilcoxon, manwhitney ans spearmans Rho. If you used interval data you would have got unrelated t test?
    Sorry if I have misunderstood what ur saying here but to my knowledge and this is what we have been taught all year, both wilcoxon and Mann Whitney are interval data!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Haha I have three left! My plan once exams are over is to stay in bed for a long time watching YouTube videos and rubbish reality television
    Sounds good to me! Ive just started a new Tv series. Last year i managed to watch 5 seasons or so of pretty little liars whilst revising gave binge showing a miss this year haha! Back to work thursday though so that should keep me busy :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.