Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys, stop it ! Seriously, it's over now - your overthinking is not going to help! I have extremely ****ed up that exam and I WAS predicted an A* (not happening) - but you just have to accept it and let it go, you can't change anything that you have written!

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on what the grade boundaries will be this year? Low/high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14grahamr)
    I think that PSYA3 will be lower than last year, (last year was high for that exam) mostly due to the issues with the gender question, it seems a lot of people relied on Loopa's predictions and ended up immediately loosing 20 marks, so a bit lower in that respect. PSYA4 was abnormally high last year... I'm not sure about this year though - Schizophrenia question may be a good indicator, as it's done by almost everyone - but I do OCD, so I don't know about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol i come back to this thread and its still active?

Guys relax chill out for those of you your exams have finished relax watch the euros, binge watch TV shows play uncharted 4.

For others only a few days left most finish on thursday and some friday so good luck to everyone and appreciate everyone whos contributed on this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMC113)
    I think that PSYA3 will be lower than last year, (last year was high for that exam) mostly due to the issues with the gender question, it seems a lot of people relied on Loopa's predictions and ended up immediately loosing 20 marks, so a bit lower in that respect. PSYA4 was abnormally high last year... I'm not sure about this year though - Schizophrenia question may be a good indicator, as it's done by almost everyone - but I do OCD, so I don't know about that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think PSYA4 will be similar to 2015 grade boundaries as the RM section was really easy

ReputationRep:
    PSYA3 is quite similar every year, i say 57/72 is about 100 UMS
    and I think PSYA4 will be quite high because RM was easy; so around 61/83 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    I think PSYA3 might be low as more enough everyone across the country found it difficult. I don't think the paper went terrible for me, but I don't think I did as well as I would of liked.

For PSYA4, I'm not entirely sure. I think it might be average, so not too high or too low. I hope it's not too high because although schizophrenia and media went well for me, I didn't do as well on research methods. Specially on the questions which everyone was debating on. I think it was high last year because of the replacement papers and the questions didn't look that difficult, so hopefully it won't be that high.

ReputationRep:
    lol people are still active on this thread , just forget about it and hope that results day does us justice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daley7)
    Attachment 551471Yes but it does say that purpose of the small study was to check the questionnaire. I personally believe a case can be made for either directional hypothesis. It is certainly not crystal clear and is a question that
    has divided everyone I have spoken to.
    Hi, do you have a copy of the rest of the research methods section?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya do you have a copy of the whole research methods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Making the unofficial mark scheme now- what did everyone put for that internal validity define question?

Test intents what it intends to measure/ controlling of all relevant variables apart from the one being directly manipulated by the experimenter?
    have you managed to make the unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishingler)
    i did schizophrenia and addiction and i misunderstood the psychological interventions question as public health interventions, did anyone else make this same mistake??
    i think it still counts as long as you adapted it! i used aversion therapy

ReputationRep:
    Any grade boundaries predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Any mark schemes please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Any grade boundaries predictions?
    I predict;

unit 3: 43/72 (decreased due to the repeated questions)
    unit 4: 51/83 (same reason and because many people found research methods tricky compared to last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I predict;

unit 3: 43/72 (decreased due to the repeated questions)
    unit 4: 51/83 (same reason and because many people found research methods tricky compared to last year)
    Boundaries for what? A? A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMC113)
    Boundaries for what? A? A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Forgot to mention, A

ReputationRep:
    42 for a C in PSYA4? would that be enough?

ReputationRep:
    36 for a B for psya3 or is that a C?(predicted obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanelynne)
    36 for a B for psya3 or is that a C?(predicted obviously)
    Probably a B, may just scrape it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.