The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dark knight123
I would agree with the unit 3 predictions, but I reckon unit 4 is a little to optimistic, I would predict somewhere in the region of 54/55.

2014 grade boundary (I believe) was 50 for an A and the paper was similar in terms of hardness so I reckon it would be in the low 50s (51,52,53)
Original post by ellie0497
2014 grade boundary (I believe) was 50 for an A and the paper was similar in terms of hardness so I reckon it would be in the low 50s (51,52,53)

Your right in that sense, but it also depends on the UK average and of course the different sub sections people answered. As far as I can see the country average has been increasing each year, only resulting in higher grade boundaries; but you may be right.
Original post by Dark knight123
Your right in that sense, but it also depends on the UK average and of course the different sub sections people answered. As far as I can see the country average has been increasing each year, only resulting in higher grade boundaries; but you may be right.
Yeah you're right, it's also influenced surprisingly by our GCSE results, if they have higher expectations - higher boundaries. Yeah, it depends on the most popular sections, for example the performances on the relationships and aggression questions will have more of an impact than bio rhythms for example. It's also important to note how many people missed out most of gender, a relatively popular topic!
Original post by Jpalmer.09
I did it in relation to the anxiety programme i.e. the 6 week anxiety programme will help to reduce the anxiety scores on the questionnaires that was given to students. I have no idea if it's right but that is what made sense to me at the time...

I honestly don't understand how you'd even write a directional hypothesis if you interpreted the questions as asking about the appropriateness of the questionnaire?
Hi, just wondering if anyone has the sleep question that was on this years paper please
Original post by evekay
really terrible:frown: for sleep i did a full essay and think it was alright but now looking at what everyones saying i think i did it wrong, for relationships i majorly ****ed up, my mind went COMPLETELY blank which is so frustrating as i revised so much, and same with gender schema, just went blank:frown:
so i've got ALOT to make up for on tuesday which is 4 days away and i've done nothing so i'm *****ing myself:frown:

Hi ! was wondering if you have the sleep question from this years paper pls
All the AQA exam papers form this year are posted here --> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-YN4_YfkBkVbVlSaG5QbVBmV3c&usp=drive_web
Hi. I am sorry to be a pain, but how do I view these exam papers, please? I have downloaded Google Drive but cannot see the files. Apologies as I am a bit of a technophobe!! Thank you!
Original post by Broysgol3
Hi. I am sorry to be a pain, but how do I view these exam papers, please? I have downloaded Google Drive but cannot see the files. Apologies as I am a bit of a technophobe!! Thank you!

I'm not sure tbh 😆 I already have google drive so when I click on the link it just opens the documents automatically. You asked for the sleep question though so I've screenshot it :smile: image.jpeg
Original post by charlie2466
I'm not sure tbh 😆 I already have google drive so when I click on the link it just opens the documents automatically. You asked for the sleep question though so I've screenshot it :smile: image.jpeg

Thank you. !! I have a quick question the question asked for circadian rhythms and I only talked about sleep wake cycle is that incorrect or did I need to talk about one other one ???? Please help I'm stressed
Grade boundary prediction for an A* in psya3 .... I'm hoping it's 50 ...
Original post by charlie2466

Thanks very much! Appreciated 🤔
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
For mine i mainly used it as A01 evidence studies and IDA points, other things i added myself including eval points of certain studies like for sleep a study was done by campbell where he shined light on the knee of Ps, and itwoke them up. I added the fact heat could have been emitted from the light pad which caused them to wake up then did prac app of using knee pads airplanes to avoid waking up by random lights.

Hi, for te sleep question i only wrote about sleep wake cycle and the question said circadian rhythms - will this now cap my marks... im so annoyed because i knew this all year and just bombed under time pressures
Original post by Rishalll31
Hi, for te sleep question i only wrote about sleep wake cycle and the question said circadian rhythms - will this now cap my marks... im so annoyed because i knew this all year and just bombed under time pressures

As long as you wrote enough for 8 marks, that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
As long as you wrote enough for 8 marks, that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote a page worth of ao1 so I'm hoping I was fine thank you !!
Original post by NHM
The hardest question was the hypothesis question I was like ok so I now have anxiety.

Yh I agree lol I think I write sonethingg so vague ; expecting no marks for that one
fam just leave it the exams done
Original post by scrawlx101
fam just leave it the exams done

won't leave it till the 18th :biggrin:
I don't know how everyone's still talking about this, I don't even remember what was on the exam papers.
Original post by Kwame502
I don't know how everyone's still talking about this, I don't even remember what was on the exam papers.

The threads kinda just moved onto results day/exams in general, theres a lot less chat than say the day of the exam. If you want to look at the paper again to see the questions then there is a link a few pages back.

Latest

Trending

Trending