Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwame502)
    I don't know how everyone's still talking about this, I don't even remember what was on the exam papers.
    The threads kinda just moved onto results day/exams in general, theres a lot less chat than say the day of the exam. If you want to look at the paper again to see the questions then there is a link a few pages back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    The threads kinda just moved onto results day/exams in general, theres a lot less chat than say the day of the exam. If you want to look at the paper again to see the questions then there is a link a few pages back.
    No thanks, too many bad memories
    I'd rather just have this false confidence until results day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm thinking of teaching myself Psychology AS alongside my A2s- how doable do you think this is??

Do you think I have a chance of getting into universities with no specified subject requirements with English Lit, Politics and Classics A2s? (alongside RS and Psychology AS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Hi guys I'm thinking of teaching myself Psychology AS alongside my A2s- how doable do you think this is??

Do you think I have a chance of getting into universities with no specified subject requirements with English Lit, Politics and Classics A2s? (alongside RS and Psychology AS)
    Its doable Id say, the hardest part is remembering all the researchers. Once you can do that just work on exam technique and past papers but if you could write an essay and get it marked by someone it would be really helpful.

As to the seconf question, yeah if you get reasonably good grades, of course if you want to do medicine or a maths subject those subjects arent suitable but I'm assuming youd already be aware of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    Its doable Id say, the hardest part is remembering all the researchers. Once you can do that just work on exam technique and past papers but if you could write an essay and get it marked by someone it would be really helpful.

As to the seconf question, yeah if you get reasonably good grades, of course if you want to do medicine or a maths subject those subjects arent suitable but I'm assuming youd already be aware of that.
    Thanks! Yeah this is what i was planning on doing. 😊 I'm planning on applying for straight psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Results day is near and I'm so scared! Any predictions for grade boundaries??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    Any mark schemes yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    low - a lot ppl f'ed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    According to ucas, grade boundaries come out on the 17th but I think it'll be low as many people found it hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jae58)
    According to ucas, grade boundaries come out on the 17th but I think it'll be low as many people found it hard
    I honestly don't think they'll be too low. I think Psya4 will be relatively high (59/83 being an A) and 65/83 being the A*
    In PSYA3 it'll be a little lower, around 45/72 which will be the A & A* being 52/72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    I honestly don't think they'll be too low. I think Psya4 will be relatively high (59/83 being an A) and 65/83 being the A*
    In PSYA3 it'll be a little lower, around 45/72 which will be the A & A* being 52/72
    Yeah you're probably right tbh, those predictions aren't too bad

ReputationRep:
    Truuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else dreading Thursday? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adtr0706)
    Anyone else dreading Thursday? Haha
    Yeah it can't come quick enough but also want to move it to next month, time comes round so fast.

ReputationRep:
    Needs to hurry up

ReputationRep:
    You're correct to say that PSYA3 will be low
    And PSYA4 will probably not, but I don't think PSYA4 will be that high. Although PSYA4 WAS fair, I had a look at the 2015 past paper which was replaced I believe and the essay questions, short answer questions + research methods were a lot more easier and nice that this year's.I think the questions were nice last year because the papers were stolen they didn't have time to put the questions in and had to put in easy questions. The grade boundary for 2015 PSYA4 was 57 for an A and 64 for an A*, so I don't think I will be higher than last year's paper. I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year's.

Also, PSYA3 did not go well this year for majority of the country as evident from this thread and social media. I think PSYA3 will be difficult to determine because we all take different topics, and although I didn't do the gender section, many people complained about the question and I believe a lot of people across the country did this topic. Also, there was confusion will the aggression question too which is also a popular topic. For this reason, I don't think it will be 45 for an A or 52 for an A* because it was 45 for an A and 51 for an A* last year and the paper was easier in my opinion whereas this was not.

Again, these comparisons from last year's paper are based on the questions I did, but I don't think it will be that high. I might be wrong, but that's my opinion. I really don't think the grade boundaries will be the same or higher than last year.

ReputationRep:
    (59/83 being an A) and 65/83 being the A*
    In PSYA3 around 45/72 which will be the A & A* being 52/72
    No way it will be 59 for PSYA4. Lots of people missed out the questions on the back page + the highest I've seen so far was 57? And this paper was tricky, as for some topics the questions were repeated and ppl didn't expect that. I say 56-53/83 for PSYA4. 45/72 for PSYA3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onica)
    You're correct to say that PSYA3 will be low
    And PSYA4 will probably not, but I don't think PSYA4 will be that high. Although PSYA4 WAS fair, I had a look at the 2015 past paper which was replaced I believe and the essay questions, short answer questions + research methods were a lot more easier and nice that this year's.I think the questions were nice last year because the papers were stolen they didn't have time to put the questions in and had to put in easy questions. The grade boundary for 2015 PSYA4 was 57 for an A and 64 for an A*, so I don't think I will be higher than last year's paper. I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year's.

Also, PSYA3 did not go well this year for majority of the country as evident from this thread and social media. I think PSYA3 will be difficult to determine because we all take different topics, and although I didn't do the gender section, many people complained about the question and I believe a lot of people across the country did this topic. Also, there was confusion will the aggression question too which is also a popular topic. For this reason, I don't think it will be 45 for an A or 52 for an A* because it was 45 for an A and 51 for an A* last year and the paper was easier in my opinion whereas this was not.

Again, these comparisons from last year's paper are based on the questions I did, but I don't think it will be that high. I might be wrong, but that's my opinion. I really don't think the grade boundaries will be the same or higher than last year.
    Trust me, I sat last year's PSYA4R paper - it was not easy, hence the retake this year :/ For the Schizophrenia topic, biological explanations is a very tough essay because it has a COMPLETELY different structure to any other as there isn't really any substantial AO2, so evaluation is extremely difficult.

For me personally, this paper was much better, but I agree that the grade boundaries (hopefully) won't be very high because Addiction was still a little tough, and I was one of the people who missed out the questions on the back of the paper (ROOKIE), as patricio_miguel said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moeshaaodonkorr)
    Trust me, I sat last year's PSYA4R paper - it was not easy, hence the retake this year :/ For the Schizophrenia topic, biological explanations is a very tough essay because it has a COMPLETELY different structure to any other as there isn't really any substantial AO2, so evaluation is extremely difficult.

For me personally, this paper was much better, but I agree that the grade boundaries (hopefully) won't be very high because Addiction was still a little tough, and I was one of the people who missed out the questions on the back of the paper (ROOKIE), as patricio_miguel said
    Tbh i agree that this years research methods was a tad simpler, but who knows. On the whole i think the grade boundaries will stay roughly the same but hope you guys are right in saying they'll be lower! We'll just have to wait and see on wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i agree that this years research methods was a tad simpler, but who knows. On the whole i think the grade boundaries will stay roughly the same but hope you guys are right in saying they'll be lower! We'll just have to wait and see on wednesday!
    I got 20 marks on research methods for this paper :/ couldn't focus nor work out the study ...questionnaire? Actual study? Etc and I used to get 30 when doing mocks. (I sent my answers ASAP to my teacher). It's all because of that flipping clash that made me stay in the same flipping room from 9 to 5 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.