Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wishingwillow)
    to get an a* do you need to achieve a total of 360 ums or does the ums of unit 3 and 4 have to average 90?
    You need a total of 180 for A2, so pretty much an average of 90

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wishingwillow)
    to get an a* do you need to achieve a total of 360 ums or does the ums of unit 3 and 4 have to average 90?
    You have to average 90 UMS in unit 3 and 4 I only got 356 and got an A* 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any psay3/4 remarks back ? How did it go????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    urgh my unit 3 and 4 averaged 81. worth a remark? i got 344 in total, 75 in unit 3 and 87 in unit 4. i was actually expecting a bit higher in psya3.and much lower in unit 4.... should i remark just unit 3 or both? im scared incase the examiner realises it was marked too generously and the whole grade goes down to a B lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone should get a remark unless they did worse than expected or are on the A grade borderline, because Psychology is too subjective to mark and I JUST scraped an A overall by 4 ums; the marks can easily go down unexpectedly. 👀👀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diana1997)
    I don't think anyone should get a remark unless they did worse than expected or are on the A grade borderline, because Psychology is too subjective to mark and I JUST scraped an A overall by 4 ums; the marks can easily go down unexpectedly. 👀👀

Did you get a remark ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got an A despite getting a c in psya4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry1997)
    i got an A despite getting a c in psya4
    Was that after you got a remark for PSYA4??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverAStudent1)
    Was that after you got a remark for PSYA4??
    no i did not get remarked i only got c in unit 4. the rest i got As in. so no point in remarking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socychoictraphy)
    After finishing AS with a C in Psychology i managed to get an ----- A* ----- at A2 and i literally cannot believe it!

I got 100% (100 UMS) in PSYA3 and
    85 UMS in PSYA4 (which i thought i failed)

Retook PSYA2 and only managed to get 6 more UMS to 70 UMS (b)

Well done to everyone else for their results and i hope you got into your unis x

PS anyone resitting PSYA3 next year can take my model essays that i spent over a year making, they definitely helped 😭
    I got a B at A2. As for PSYA 1 and 2 a B for PSYA3 (2 marks off an A thought it went fantastic) and a D for PSYA4 big shock thought it was ok. Missed my offers for Psychology will have to resit next year now and reapply. Do you have a link for your PSYA3 essays mine obviously we're not as good as I thought and I don't know how j could have improved them so any help would be very gratefully received......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    Has anyone had any psay3/4 remarks back ? How did it go????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got my PSYA3 remarked from 77UMS to 93UMS as although the grade didn't affect my uni place the mark seemed way too low considering what I'd averaged throughout the year. I'd advise anyone who is in the top 40% or so of a grade and thus a low risk of dropping a grade to consider going for one, as if you got +16UMS from both papers that's nearly an entire grade for the whole A Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plexy76)
    Got my PSYA3 remarked from 77UMS to 93UMS as although the grade didn't affect my uni place the mark seemed way too low considering what I'd averaged throughout the year. I'd advise anyone who is in the top 40% or so of a grade and thus a low risk of dropping a grade to consider going for one, as if you got +16UMS from both papers that's nearly an entire grade for the whole A Level

What the actual HECK??? That many UMS ! What is wrong with these examiners .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    What the actual HECK??? That many UMS ! What is wrong with these examiners .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got my PSYA3 remarked as it was 2 marks off an A. Unfortunately it came back 2 marks lower so I guess I will just have to resit next year wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Got psay3 remarked and thank god it went up the 4 ums I needed and I'm on an A now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am in a bit of shock with my grade aha. So last year i got a B (2 ums of an A) so I thought yeah i can try my best this year to get an A, and I did in a very funny way.
    for unit 3 I know I messed up the gender schema Q -so I know I lost good 15-20marks, and in the end i got a C.

for unit 4 I thought it went ok, answered all Qs so it should be okay.
    turns out i got an A/A* (the results paper doesnt show A* so I am assuming) with 100UMS. that literally saved my a** since my overall UMS ended up at 321 an I just got into my firm.

but the funny thing is on the results paper it said that I got 100 ums in unit 3 but I know I lost a good 20 marks on that,,, so i dont know if aqa just messed up on writing my results incorrectly..
    I dont want to call them or anything lool since I dont want to risk my grade but I am slightly unsure lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennieee_)
    I am in a bit of shock with my grade aha. So last year i got a B (2 ums of an A) so I thought yeah i can try my best this year to get an A, and I did in a very funny way.
    for unit 3 I know I messed up the gender schema Q -so I know I lost good 15-20marks, and in the end i got a C.

for unit 4 I thought it went ok, answered all Qs so it should be okay.
    turns out i got an A/A* (the results paper doesnt show A* so I am assuming) with 100UMS. that literally saved my a** since my overall UMS ended up at 321 an I just got into my firm.

but the funny thing is on the results paper it said that I got 100 ums in unit 3 but I know I lost a good 20 marks on that,,, so i dont know if aqa just messed up on writing my results incorrectly..
    I dont want to call them or anything lool since I dont want to risk my grade but I am slightly unsure lol

Legit I also just scraped an A with 321 uns😂😂😂 thank god for my remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, just out of curiosity (as i've seen a raaaaaange of different numbers) how long are your 24mark essays on average?

i'm typing mine out at the minute and the word count for my deindividuation essay is 877, which is about one and three quarters pages at size 12 font. it was graded 24/24 by my teacher.

meanwhile my social learning theory is 1,097 words and received the same marks!!

when i'm actually writing these out on paper they tend to be around six pages or so, which i feel like is a lot and i'm worried about not being able to finish in time for the exam. but i suppose timing just comes with practice. the safest prediction i'm making this year is that my hand is going to be pretty sore by the end of it. :bored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craffertyful)
    hey everyone, just out of curiosity (as i've seen a raaaaaange of different numbers) how long are your 24mark essays on average?

i'm typing mine out at the minute and the word count for my deindividuation essay is 877, which is about one and three quarters pages at size 12 font. it was graded 24/24 by my teacher.

meanwhile my social learning theory is 1,097 words and received the same marks!!

when i'm actually writing these out on paper they tend to be around six pages or so, which i feel like is a lot and i'm worried about not being able to finish in time for the exam. but i suppose timing just comes with practice. the safest prediction i'm making this year is that my hand is going to be pretty sore by the end of it. :bored:
    Hello. Happy New Year!

Looking back at my A2 psychology essays, mine ranged anywhere from 750 words to 1,100 words. So, you are not alone with the differing lengths of writing despite achieving the full marks! Of course the information you could talk about differs for each question and that consequently affects how much you write, but I would say that at least two/three sides of writing (hand-written) would be sufficient. At the end of the day, when you reach your psychology exams, you won't necessarily remember your essays word-by-word (that's not the point), so your final answer will most likely be more concise and therefore less than what you've prepared.

I would recommend giving any lengthy essays to your teacher(s) and asking them where you could potentially leave information out (but bearing in mind you want to obtain the top marks). This is what I did during my studies and I found it to be beneficial because more times than not, there were ways to condense what I wanted to say.

And yes timing certainly does come with practice. Just keep at it.

Hope this was of help. Good luck with your studies and upcoming exams; I would be more than happy to answer any more questions!

ReputationRep:
    why is this thread still going?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently doing AS level Psychology AQA and have a mock exam next week for paper 2 (in particular biopsychology) and cannot find anything on the past papers for biopsychology. Do you know where any great past papers are for the particular topic or any resources that I can challenge and quiz myself on as thats the best way I can learn the topic?

Thanks, Shane

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.