Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any model answers/ paragraphs for questions on gender and/ or aggression? Having trouble fitting in IDA points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeElizabeth01)
    Right, I have a question for anyone doing the Relationships unit.

Can you use either Reward/Need Satisfaction theory or Social Exchange Theory for the breakdown of relationships? because there is no chance I am going to be able to remember Duck and Rollie's model of relationship breakdown. It will be so much easier if I can just apply one of the others.
    Reward / need satisfaction is formation.
    Social exchange is maintenance, however you could spin it so it explains breakdown, eg if we're not getting enough positive exchanges your relationship will breakdown... You COULD do it, but I'd advise Duck's Reasons for WHY we breakdown and Duck and Rollie's model for HOW we breakdown.
    This is a teaching video on breakdown for the exam. https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VelvetThreat)
    Does anyone have any model answers/ paragraphs for questions on gender and/ or aggression? Having trouble fitting in IDA points
    https://youtu.be/ZQDhCX6OIr4

ReputationRep:
    http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co...Aggression?m=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    Considering the fact, we are the last year to be sitting the PSYA3 and PSAY4 paper anything could come up. But perhaps if AQA aren't being jerks both papers questions may not come up but who knows.
    Technically not the last year, as there is the opportunity to retake next year. Also, they write the examinations in advance so it was likely to have already been written, I.e the PSYA4R was probably meant to be this years exam but was distributed early due to the problem

ReputationRep:
    How likely, if at all, is it that we will need to know how to actually do and calculate a statistical test? the specification is unclear. I am aware that it has never come up but don't know how I feel about chancing it, seeing as how to do them is in all the textbooks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic.high.girl)
    How likely, if at all, is it that we will need to know how to actually do and calculate a statistical test? the specification is unclear. I am aware that it has never come up but don't know how I feel about chancing it, seeing as how to do them is in all the textbooks.
    You don't need to calculate a statistical test, you just have to identify which one was used and if we accept the alternate and reject the null, or accept the null and reject the alternate. (using the table) the numbers are all there you basically just read them off and assess them, never calculate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Technically not the last year, as there is the opportunity to retake next year. Also, they write the examinations in advance so it was likely to have already been written, I.e the PSYA4R was probably meant to be this years exam but was distributed early due to the problem
    ohhhh right, true.

ReputationRep:
    Can I use Reinforcement/Affect Theory for Formation, maintenance and breakdown? since my teacher hasn't even gone through any of the others, literally this and sociobiological theory, and if so how do I relate the AO2 studies to maintenance and breakdown since they kind of only explain formation or do I only need to relate the AO1 to maintenance/breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsv)
    does anyone have predictions for psy3 eating behaviour?
    1) neural mechanisms https://youtu.be/JZFbcQU6DvM
    2) biological explanation of eating disorder https://youtu.be/hWQODm_m54o

https://youtu.be/HlbpeRUZ5RU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixBlaze123)
    Can I use Reinforcement/Affect Theory for Formation, maintenance and breakdown? since my teacher hasn't even gone through any of the others, literally this and sociobiological theory, and if so how do I relate the AO2 studies to maintenance and breakdown since they kind of only explain formation or do I only need to relate the AO1 to maintenance/breakdown.
    Blimey, never heard of those theories.... Might be best to check with your teacher because if he/she has taught you they should have all the a02 and IDA.
    Other than that, watch some teaching videos on the theories that everyone else is doing like this https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM
    And this blog has all the model essays (a grade ) which you could revise from

http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co...Aggression?m=1
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hoping neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression come up... I actually like that topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Hoping neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression come up... I actually like that topic
    Snap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Quick question!
    When the question says outline is that just AO1 or is it AO2/3 as well?
    Just a01

ReputationRep:
    Just realised im laeving my revision quite late.. havent even started till today, Got an A last year but kinda a bit nervous now been too focused on Maths and nothing is going into my brain at the minute..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Just realised im laeving my revision quite late.. havent even started till today, Got an A last year but kinda a bit nervous now been too focused on Maths and nothing is going into my brain at the minute..
    Exactly the same, I finished my maths course today and haven't started on psych or bio

ReputationRep:
    Snap!
    It would be nice!

1.Neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression.
    2.Influence of culture on relationships
    3. Gender dysphoria

(I actually hate anything psychological to do with gender)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    It would be nice!

1.Neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression.
    2.Influence of culture on relationships
    3. Gender dysphoria

(I actually hate anything psychological to do with gender)
    Biological explanations are the only gender topics I don't fall asleep in haha! I do Sleep instead of relationships but the other two I agree

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone learning neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression separately or together? Because I can't see it coming up separately and the loopa answers write them together but there's always the chance

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same, I finished my maths course today and haven't started on psych or bio
    kinda nervous, revising but nothings going in, usually when i realise an exam isnt long away my brain just remembers things a lot quicker.. but atm its not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.