The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Could lifespan change in sleep ever be a full 24 marker?
Original post by perez_perez
If you're struggling with learning the relationships side just do 3-4 essays which you feel will most likely come up in the exam. Highlight the book, use online essays for any extra evaluation points the book fails to include and do some active revising. This includes mind maps, sticky notes and index cards which you can use to help you remember the studies.

Breakdown and formation are the easiest to remember. Good luck!

Thank you so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1042
What are the titles for possible essays for bio rhythms? People seem to have a lot for it but ive like 6 essays...
Does anyone have any predictions for addiction?
PSYA3 Gender predictions are now up on Loopa - click on Blog>Latest blog posts for them.
Original post by mrgan
What are the titles for possible essays for bio rhythms? People seem to have a lot for it but ive like 6 essays...

Here's a list of mine..

Circadian rhythms
Infradian rhythms
Ultradian rhythms
Role of Endogenous Pacemakers
Role of Exogenous Zeitgebers (these so could come up as one essay but I've got both just in case)
Lifespan changes in sleep
Explanations for sleep walking
Explanations for insomnia

I have a couple more but I'm not learning those as they're not likely to come up.. if you want me to upload the document with the essays i've written then let me know but i'm not sure how good they are! I'm just learning them now lol. Hope this helps!:smile:
Original post by Mephestic
PSYA3 Gender predictions are now up on Loopa - click on Blog>Latest blog posts for them.

http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya3-gender-predictions-june-2016-aqa-psychology/

here's the link to the gender predictions!
can you be marked down/penalised for writing too much? Like i'm learning all of my essays which cover the 8+16 markers, but say It was a 4+8 marker how much do you write?
Original post by evekay
can you be marked down/penalised for writing too much? Like i'm learning all of my essays which cover the 8+16 markers, but say It was a 4+8 marker how much do you write?

No, you can't be penalised for writing too much, the only way it would have a negative effect would be if you wrote too much for one and then didn't have enough time to write a proper essay for another topic, so the more you write the better really so long as its good quality. For a 4+8 marker, what i've been trying to do is kind of write my essays in 2 halves so that they make up a full essay but if it were a 12 marker, i would just write one half of the 24 (so basically if it were factors influencing attitudes to eating or whatever, i'd have write my a01 outline a factor, then my a02 points and then my IDA and then repeat for another factor) so do you see what i'm saying- it might help if your 24markers are divided into 2 12s so then you could easily in the exam just write half. I'm rambling and repeating but i hope you get what i'm saying. Hope i've helped :smile:
Reply 1049

I don't have Facebook, could you please tell me the predictions.
Original post by A-LJLB
If they've never heard of the study they have to look it up to check for accuracy, so yes they'll notice

Agh thank u 😁 It's just that I keep forgetting parts of studies and it's getting rather frustrating 😭
Original post by yasx_
I don't have Facebook, could you please tell me the predictions.

here you go!
Original post by Hihihi123
No, you can't be penalised for writing too much, the only way it would have a negative effect would be if you wrote too much for one and then didn't have enough time to write a proper essay for another topic, so the more you write the better really so long as its good quality. For a 4+8 marker, what i've been trying to do is kind of write my essays in 2 halves so that they make up a full essay but if it were a 12 marker, i would just write one half of the 24 (so basically if it were factors influencing attitudes to eating or whatever, i'd have write my a01 outline a factor, then my a02 points and then my IDA and then repeat for another factor) so do you see what i'm saying- it might help if your 24markers are divided into 2 12s so then you could easily in the exam just write half. I'm rambling and repeating but i hope you get what i'm saying. Hope i've helped :smile:

that's really helpful, thank you so much! As i've already written out all of my essays (which took forever:colonhash:) I think i'll carry on learning them but now i understand what/how much to include in the 12 markers so thank you!:smile:
Reply 1053
Original post by evekay
Here's a list of mine..

Circadian rhythms
Infradian rhythms
Ultradian rhythms
Role of Endogenous Pacemakers
Role of Exogenous Zeitgebers (these so could come up as one essay but I've got both just in case)
Lifespan changes in sleep
Explanations for sleep walking
Explanations for insomnia

I have a couple more but I'm not learning those as they're not likely to come up.. if you want me to upload the document with the essays i've written then let me know but i'm not sure how good they are! I'm just learning them now lol. Hope this helps!:smile:

If you could that would be so much help! Thank you so much abs life saver
Original post by evekay
that's really helpful, thank you so much! As i've already written out all of my essays (which took forever:colonhash:) I think i'll carry on learning them but now i understand what/how much to include in the 12 markers so thank you!:smile:

You're very welcome! Out of interest how much are you writing per essay?
Original post by mrgan
If you could that would be so much help! Thank you so much abs life saver

Okay here they are - if you're gunna use them then please reword them so they're not the same haha! Also any advice or feedback on them would be really useful:smile:
You're very welcome! Out of interest how much are you writing per essay?

probably too much haha... Like 1000 words average per essay? BUT because I'm a distance learning student i'm doing my exams on a computer so i am able to write a little more... I do tend to write too much though-_-
Original post by evekay
probably too much haha... Like 1000 words average per essay? BUT because I'm a distance learning student i'm doing my exams on a computer so i am able to write a little more... I do tend to write too much though-_-

I have the same thing, i write too much! What topics are you doing?
I have the same thing, i write too much! What topics are you doing?

that's actually reassuring though haha! I'm doing sleep and bio, gender and relationships for psya3 and schizo addiction and research methods for psya4, wbu?
Reply 1059
Does anyone have an essay plan for:
Jan 2013 Discuss the development of a child’s sense of self (4+8 marks)
for cognitions and development? what ao2 studies and points could i used?

Latest

Trending

Trending