The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellie0497
For those of you who are doing PSYA4 Anomalistic psychology:

Does anyone else think that magical thinking and/or psychic mediumship as an essay question is likely to come up?

I think so, they weren't in the 2015 paper.
Original post by Mesosleepy
I think so, they weren't in the 2015 paper.

Any ideas for predictions on: depression, addiction, aggression, relationships, eating behaviour and gender?
Original post by TrojanH
Any ideas for predictions on: depression, addiction, aggression, relationships, eating behaviour and gender?

No clue at all. But since there were 2 papers because of the van scandal, do you think they will put the original paper up for this year or not? If they don't then that could work in our favour.
(edited 8 years ago)
No clue at all. But since there were 2 papers because of the van scandal, do you think they will put the original paper up for this year or not? If they don't then that could work in our favour.

They obviously can't as half the candidates took it so they've seen the paper. That's the entire reason why thy had to create a replacement paper anyway, so yes. I don't think they will put up the original.
Original post by TrojanH
They obviously can't as half the candidates took it so they've seen the paper. That's the entire reason why thy had to create a replacement paper anyway, so yes. I don't think they will put up the original.

Sheeeeeeeeeet, thats good to know.
Reply 105
How do you revise for AS/A2? (I'm retaking AS to increase my chances of an A*). I just don't really know how to go about it all. I'm having trouble retaining the information. How do you make sure you remember everything? Do you use mind-maps, revision cards?
Anyone know if you can get asked a question just on neural mechanisms of aggression or just on hormonal mechanism of aggression? I'm doing essay plans and I'm not sure whether to seperate them out or not..
Original post by Hannah_lucy16
Anyone know if you can get asked a question just on neural mechanisms of aggression or just on hormonal mechanism of aggression? I'm doing essay plans and I'm not sure whether to seperate them out or not..

Yes, they can be asked as separate essays.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi it seems no one has made a thread for the AQA 2016 psychology i could only find the 2015 one, and the 2016 OCR one, so i thought ill make one.

Psychology 2015 grades

AS grade B
A2 predicted A

for unit 3 i'm doing sleep relationships and aggression for unit 4 addiction depression and research methods.

Feel free to ask any questions

I'm doing the same for PSYA3 and also making youtube videos for the 24 markers if anyone here wants to view there here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kMFHpv2bYM
Original post by Naveed Rahman
I'm doing the same for PSYA3 and also making youtube videos for the 24 markers if anyone here wants to view there here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kMFHpv2bYM

I subscribed and liked your video. That's actually a very good idea of revising! I do similar topics to you except I don't do relationships, I do gender instead. I look forward to more of your videos :smile:
Reply 110
Anyone have a model A/A* essay on the effects of culture on intelligence test performance that they would kindly share, I'm struggling to find points and I have very little AO1 in my class notes
Reply 111
Original post by ok2
How do you revise for AS/A2? (I'm retaking AS to increase my chances of an A*). I just don't really know how to go about it all. I'm having trouble retaining the information. How do you make sure you remember everything? Do you use mind-maps, revision cards?

same here :frown:

anyone here achieved a high A/A* / know anyone who did. and know how they revised???
Does anyone have any good notes on research methods? I'm finding it hard to get full marks on questions in this section :frown:
hi, does anyone want to buy the exam companion book by cara flanagan for £10?
its in good condition, i used it last year for my A2 exams.

let me know :wink:
Hiya,

Is anyone doing eating behaviour and Schizophrenia? If so, do you have an idea of which topics are most likely to come up this year or the best order to revise the topics in?

Thank you:smile:
Could a 24 marker be asked on sleep walking, it just seems that there is less content for this than narcolepsy and insomnia.
Original post by andieepandiee
Hiya,

Is anyone doing eating behaviour and Schizophrenia? If so, do you have an idea of which topics are most likely to come up this year or the best order to revise the topics in?

For schizophrenia I think they could ask something (possibly 24 marker) on issues regarding classification and diagnosis, it came up last year as a 4 marker, but has not been a 24 marker since jan 12, so overdue in my opinion. Also don't think there would be a longer question on biological explanations due to being a 20 marker last year.
Hope this helps you
Original post by andieepandiee
Hiya,

I'm betting on psychological therapies for schizophrenia.
I'm betting on psychological therapies for schizophrenia.

SAME! That or classification and diagnosis of schizo for the essay
Original post by ellie0497
SAME! That or classification and diagnosis of schizo for the essay

That came up as a 4 mark last year so maybe

Latest

Trending

Trending