Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown_eyes)
    Guys, does any one have any essays on gender dysphoria or essay plans? Anything would help, i really struggle with it.
    I can PM you my gender dysphoria essay if you like? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    I can PM you my gender dysphoria essay if you like? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes please !!!!

ReputationRep:
    For cultural influence on gender roles, what exactly is the A01? Would you class Buss' study/ Mead / Williams and Best as supporting research (A02) or would you put that with the A01, then evaluate those studies for A02? I just confused myself lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes please !!!!
    I'll have to send it tomorrow as I have it saved on my computer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For cultural influence on gender roles, what exactly is the A01? Would you class Buss' study/ Mead / Williams and Best as supporting research (A02) or would you put that with the A01, then evaluate those studies for A02? I just confused myself lol
    I've just used Mead as A01 and a bit of background on culture and gender roles. Other studies I used to support the influence of culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So is anyone here doing cognitive development? and what do you think could come up? i hope Vygotsky doesnt

ReputationRep:
    And i really hope gender schema doesnt come up too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    I've just used Mead as A01 and a bit of background on culture and gender roles. Other studies I used to support the influence of culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that makes sense, thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    So is anyone here doing cognitive development? and what do you think could come up? i hope Vygotsky doesnt
    I am !!! same.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Wheres everyone at in terms of revision? Ive finished one section and have done bits for other two but still need to memorize another 15 essays in 5 days. Anyone else need to do more?
    I've got 12 more essays left to memorise... Although I've not even bothered revising topics that came up last year🤔🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    And i really hope gender schema doesnt come up too
    If it does I'm leaving- I'll work at KFC

ReputationRep:
    For A01 I've got

Munroe and munore
    Berry et al
    Williams and best
    Mead

Then A02/ 3 is basically just evaluating their findings plus a bit of Ida such as cultural bias etc..

There's this women on YouTube that goes through it, actually kinda good

ReputationRep:
    Hey does any1 here that is doing eating behaviours kno if for the neural mechanisms essay you can use social learning theory as a challenge and an example of research e.g people watching tv on media, developing eating disorders- showing the effect of social influence on eating behaviour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artymaniac)
    Hey does any1 here that is doing eating behaviours kno if for the neural mechanisms essay you can use social learning theory as a challenge and an example of research e.g people watching tv on media, developing eating disorders- showing the effect of social influence on eating behaviour?
    I would use it as an alternative explanation cos thats what the mark scheme says is a valid point for any essay, you can just include that evidence with it probs

ReputationRep:
    Guys, do you think using predictions from websites like loopa are effective/alright/acceptable?
    They have seemed to be quite accurate, and my thinking was that this was the final year and so they may have pulled a wild card and done like last years essays or something, but I think less of that happening now as the psya2 (unit 2) predictions were accurate and things came up that people predicted?
    Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    If it does I'm leaving- I'll work at KFC
    It wont i mean aqa cant be that mean! But same here ill give up and leaveee

ReputationRep:
    wow for some reason i only get like 2 essays done per day.......need to speed it up

ReputationRep:
    I hope gender schema does come up. I think the reason AQA have already done it so many times is because of how difficult students find it.

But, if they wanna raise grade boundaries back up from how low they were last year, they'll probably give an easy one. I'd say the easiest one is kholberg. biosocial or genes and hormones are the two most likely since they've never come up, and idk whether to find them difficult or not. genes and hormones is so weird since it feels like you're talking about sexual development rather than gender development, but in the end it's okay i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im130)
    I hope gender schema does come up. I think the reason AQA have already done it so many times is because of how difficult students find it.

But, if they wanna raise grade boundaries back up from how low they were last year, they'll probably give an easy one. I'd say the easiest one is kholberg. biosocial or genes and hormones are the two most likely since they've never come up, and idk whether to find them difficult or not. genes and hormones is so weird since it feels like you're talking about sexual development rather than gender development, but in the end it's okay i guess
    The boundaries last year were higher than they had been before though! My teacher reckons there's a high chance of gender schema. Yeah I think that's why the bio doesn't come up. Biosocial has come up a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just written an essay on the influence of culture on gender roles. Can anyone read it and give me a possible mark?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.