Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RSA123)
    I'm currently writing around 1100-1200 words per 8+16 essay, is that too much to write in the exam considering time conditions?
    It totally depends how fast you can write, if you can cut it down further then it'll make life easier. As I said previously, mine tend to be just below 1000 words.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

Just wanted to know if anyone is doing OCR? Could really use some help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxy1331)
    Hi Everyone

Just wanted to know if anyone is doing OCR? Could really use some help...
    this thread is for aqa students, there might be one for ocr psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    this thread is for aqa students, there might be one for ocr psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh sorry I'm new to this site. OK I'll look around. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    struggling to remeber all my ao2...wrote all the essays like three times now..trying to do them again this month yet again and then the month before exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    struggling to remeber all my ao2...wrote all the essays like three times now..trying to do them again this month yet again and then the month before exams
    Ahead of me! I'm still writing model answers, but I think I'll be okay! Any essays you're focusing on particularly/predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Ahead of me! I'm still writing model answers, but I think I'll be okay! Any essays you're do using on particularly/predictions?
    anything with stages is causing me problems for A01 so sense of self/others/Kohlberg/Vygotsky/Piaget...

ReputationRep:
    anything with stages is causing me problems for A01 so sense of self/others/Kohlberg/Vygotsky/Piaget...
    What topics do you do??

ReputationRep:
    What topics do you do??
    Relationships,Aggression,Cogniti on,Addiction,Schizophrenia and Research Methods...

ReputationRep:
    Relationships,Aggression,Cogniti on,Addiction,Schizophrenia and Research Methods...
    Ah we do the same PSYA4 topics but I do aggression, gender and sleep & biological rhythms for PSYA3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have access to the AQA June 2015 papers for PSYA3 and PSYA4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reg123098)
    Anyone have access to the AQA June 2015 papers for PSYA3 and PSYA4
    You'll be able to find the questions on the 2015 thread.

ReputationRep:
    It totally depends how fast you can write, if you can cut it down further then it'll make life easier. As I said previously, mine tend to be just below 1000 words.
    Okay thanks. Do you know if each paragraph on AO2 is marked out of a maximum of 2 or can they gain more marks? For example, sometimes I write a shorter AO2 point (potentially only worth 1 mark) followed by a much longer point (potentially worth 3 marks). I don't want to bother writing a longer point if I wont be credited for it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks. Do you know if each paragraph on AO2 is marked out of a maximum of 2 or can they gain more marks? For example, sometimes I write a shorter AO2 point (potentially only worth 1 mark) followed by a much longer point (potentially worth 3 marks). I don't want to bother writing a longer point if I wont be credited for it.
    The essay is generally marked as a whole, rather than a point by point basis. Hence you don't need more than 4 studies etc. It's always best to write the research, link it to the theory, and then elaborate. The elaboration can be linking in another study (which I tend to go for!) or evaluating the research etc, although I tend to avoid this as it gains little credit and is hard to make general evaluation of research effective.

What topics are you doing? If you were doing any similar I could always send you one of my essays that are A* graded?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys how do you all remember your essays? i have no idea how i'm going to learn so many for one exam...i think i might revise with friends and do the 'teach someone else what you've learnt'.. method i found that quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how many AO2 and AO3 points are people including for easy essay?

ReputationRep:
    The essay is generally marked as a whole, rather than a point by point basis. Hence you don't need more than 4 studies etc. It's always best to write the research, link it to the theory, and then elaborate. The elaboration can be linking in another study (which I tend to go for!) or evaluating the research etc, although I tend to avoid this as it gains little credit and is hard to make general evaluation of research effective.

What topics are you doing? If you were doing any similar I could always send you one of my essays that are A* graded?
    That would be great if you could!

I'm currently doing
    PSYA3 - Aggression, sleep/bio rhythms and perception
    PSYA4 - Schizophrenia, media and research methods

ReputationRep:
    That would be great if you could!

I'm currently doing
    PSYA3 - Aggression, sleep/bio rhythms and perception
    PSYA4 - Schizophrenia, media and research methods
    I also do aggression, sleep and schizophrenia! I could send you my neural/hormonal mechanisms for aggression and role of endogenous pacemakers for sleep? I did them in my mock exam and got an A* so I'm quite confident in them. PM me your email?

ReputationRep:
    I also do aggression, sleep and schizophrenia! I could send you my neural/hormonal mechanisms for aggression and role of endogenous pacemakers for sleep? I did them in my mock exam and got an A* so I'm quite confident in them. PM me your email?
    Can you send your endogenous pacemakers for sleep pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    Can you send your endogenous pacemakers for sleep pls
    Can do, PM me your email address??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.