Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    If anyone wants any essays looking at/ marking id be happy to do it! - PM me
    I've pm'd you

ReputationRep:
    What do you think is a sufficient number pages of writing or word count for one essay?? [I understand some peoples writing is bigger than others]

...It's just, I'm doing model essays which equal to around at least 2000 words each and it seems like far too much?

ReputationRep:
    What about Intelligence folks? I'm thinking classical conditioning/ evolutionary factors/information processing are most likely to come up. Does anyone have any sample essays on these questions? I hate this topic so much

and Tinksy I've heard that around 600-700 words is the perfect amount however I wouldn't be able to fit all important/needed information in that so I tend to do 1200ish but then I'm a slow writer so end up not writing everything I know In the exam

ReputationRep:
    Can someone offer any tips for Media in psy4, how many studies are you learning per section etc ? find it kind of confusing..

ReputationRep:
    How do you answer 'nature of sleep' questions? they seem a bit vague to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmarek)
    What about Intelligence folks? I'm thinking classical conditioning/ evolutionary factors/information processing are most likely to come up. Does anyone have any sample essays on these questions? I hate this topic so much

and Tinksy I've heard that around 600-700 words is the perfect amount however I wouldn't be able to fit all important/needed information in that so I tend to do 1200ish but then I'm a slow writer so end up not writing everything I know In the exam
    Awh thank you very much and yes I completely understand, 600/700 doesn't seem realistic enough and it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who writes so slow! I have all the info in my head but kick myself after because I'm not fast enough to bran dribble it on my page in time! haha

And I'm sorry I can't help with intelligence question as I don't do it myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    How do you answer 'nature of sleep' questions? they seem a bit vague to me
    Spec says - lifespan changes, stage of sleep, explanations of sleep, disorders of sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMC113)
    Spec says - lifespan changes, stage of sleep, explanations of sleep, disorders of sleep
    So which one do you write about if it comes up?

ReputationRep:
    Nature of sleep includes lifespans changes and the stages of sleep

ReputationRep:
    Could the evolutionary explanations for food preference come up as a 24 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Nature of sleep includes lifespans changes and the stages of sleep
    Thanks so the question would be asked in a vague manner which means they wont specify if the want only nature of sleep or only lifespan changes?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so the question would be asked in a vague manner which means they wont specify if the want only nature of sleep or only lifespan changes?
    If they ask for nature of sleep, then include lifespan changes and the stages.

They could theoretically ask for lifespan changes or stages of sleep separately, but in practice this is very unlikely

ReputationRep:
    toethunder -

I take it you mean the nature of sleep question that's mentioned with lifespan changes of sleep in the spec? If so, I was told that you first write about the stages of sleep and include lifespan changes of sleep. But I also do need confirmation of this because you're right it is a bit vague

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    If they ask for nature of sleep, then include lifespan changes and the stages.

They could theoretically ask for lifespan changes or stages of sleep separately, but in practice this is very unlikely
    Oh I see.... why is sleep so hard!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good notes on lifespan changes or nature of sleep in general??

ReputationRep:
    I just used my ultradian rhythm answer and talk about stages

ReputationRep:
    Addiction predictions now available on Loopa here: EDIT - reworking them to factor the replacement paper - sit tight. - EDIT - updated version now up here:

http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya4-addicti...ology-a-level/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    Addiction predictions now available on Loopa here: http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya4-addicti...ology-a-level/
    - tough topic indeed.
    Are you doing Media next?

ReputationRep:
    20 essays to learn by wednesday ahhhhhhhhhhhhh someone help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socychoictraphy)
    Are you doing Media next?
    media psychology is already out here:
    http://www.loopa.co.uk/media-psychol...6-predictions/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.