Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was just wondering, for our Ao1 can we include content about things we dont mention in ao2- for example with factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour- can we talk about a variety of factors in ao1 and then evaluate certain ones??

thx

ReputationRep:
    seeing the addiction predictions have terrified me... i've solely been focusing on psya3 and haven't even thought about psya4.. haven't done any revision for it as i was hoping i'd have enough time between psya3 and psya4! Feeling a bit scared now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socychoictraphy)
    20 essays to learn by wednesday ahhhhhhhhhhhhh someone help
    literally me rn

ReputationRep:
    Are people learning social psychological for aggression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    Are people learning social psychological for aggression?
    Only Social learning theory or Deindividuation. I think Institutional aggression came up last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andieepandiee)
    Could the evolutionary explanations for food preference come up as a 24 marker?
    Technically yes it could however, it came up in 2014 so it's not as likely as some other topics

ReputationRep:
    okay so i'm learning 8+16 marker essays, but say we got a 4 marker on insomnia, my ao1 for my insomnia essay is HUGE in order to get the 8 marks, so how do i half that? Like how do i know what info to use?

would i just say what it is, describe primary and secondary insomnia? but then primary insomnia has two subtypes so do i have to explain them as well? Because that's so long and i'm sure we don't need that much for a 4 marker...right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinksy)
    Only Social learning theory or Deindividuation. I think Institutional aggression came up last year?
    Yeah, IA was a 24 marker so i'm putting it at the very bottom of my priority list lol

ReputationRep:
    HELP PLEASE: what would you write for a 4 mark question on the role of genetics in aggression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artymaniac)
    Hey guys, I was just wondering, for our Ao1 can we include content about things we dont mention in ao2- for example with factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour- can we talk about a variety of factors in ao1 and then evaluate certain ones??

thx
    You can still get the AO1 marks, so if you remember it just shove it in as long as it is applicable.

When it comes to IDAs they effectively evaluate the whole AO1. For example, with factors influencing eating behaviour one IDA would criticize research for being culturally-biased and that would encompass all of your AO1.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's predictions for

Relationships
    Eating behaviour
    And aggression ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, IA was a 24 marker so i'm putting it at the very bottom of my priority list lol
    As am I! haha I am doing that for each of my topics because I just don't have the time to revise them all!

ReputationRep:
    I've always been taught to mix up AO1 and AO2 so it flows (for relationship formation put one theory of formation and then evaluate that, and then another theory and evaluate that), but I've seen some people say it's better to separate it all out and put all the AO1 in the beginning and the AO2 at the end because it's clearer for the examiner to read. What are you guys doing?

ReputationRep:
    How would everyone approach the smaller mark questions? Like, if they give us two 12 markers instead of one 24, how much do you write for each AO? Do we need as many IDAs etc? Was never taught this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hihihi123)
    HELP PLEASE: what would you write for a 4 mark question on the role of genetics in aggression?
    You should definitely mention MAOA gene identified by Brunner, I remember doing this as a 4 marker in a mock paper once and I think talk a little bit about about twin and adoption studies?

ReputationRep:
    ah ok so I can include several factors in ao1 e.g, culture, mood, SLT, et.c and only evaluate 2 factors(support and against) right?
    You can still get the AO1 marks, so if you remember it just shove it in as long as it is applicable.

When it comes to IDAs they effectively evaluate the whole AO1. For example, with factors influencing eating behaviour one IDA would criticize research for being culturally-biased and that would encompass all of your AO1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    I've always been taught to mix up AO1 and AO2 so it flows (for relationship formation put one theory of formation and then evaluate that, and then another theory and evaluate that), but I've seen some people say it's better to separate it all out and put all the AO1 in the beginning and the AO2 at the end because it's clearer for the examiner to read. What are you guys doing?
    That's how I was taught too. I always think it looks more organised mixed, since you clearly seperate the evaluation, but I get the argument that it's clearer to read if you just block it out as AO1, AO2, etc... I'm probably going to stick with how I've been doing it unless it's a specific topic that would be easier to just do the explanation for all in one go.

ReputationRep:
    I was taught to do A01 all first and then A02. It's not just for the examiner. This way, you're able to limit how much A01 you write. Students tend to write too much A01 and run out of time to get full A02 marks. This is more likely to happen when you mix up A01 and A02 throughout your essay, since it's hard to ascertain, just by eye, whether you've written around 200 words of A01 content, or have accidentally written more. Also, when writing A01 and then A02, you can better manage how much you write for each section with time. Spend 10 mins doing all the A01 then you know the next 20 mins should all be A02. Harder to do when you do 2 mins A01, then another 4-5 mins A02, then go back to A01 and write for another 4 mins, etc.....much harder to manage time effectively in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Omg the addiction loopa predictions !! I might aswell accept failure at this point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do A01 first
    Then A02
    Then A03

More organised for myself and the examiner that way :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.