The Student Room Group

Options?

Okay so basically I need to submit my options by next Thursday and I was wondering if anyone could like share some light on the subjects I've chosen, even though there's a new GCSE now & we are the first year to use it ugh

These are the options I've chosen:
Art
Religious Studies
German
Computer Science
History
GCSE PE

What do you think? The main route I want to go down is medicine so idk.

Advice/info would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by BoredHumxnity
Okay so basically I need to submit my options by next Thursday and I was wondering if anyone could like share some light on the subjects I've chosen, even though there's a new GCSE now & we are the first year to use it ugh

These are the options I've chosen:
Art
Religious Studies
German
Computer Science
History
GCSE PE

What do you think? The main route I want to go down is medicine so idk.

Advice/info would be appreciated :smile:

i know how you feel im in year 9 aswell anyway,
if you want to do medicine at uni dont you need triple science ?
Reply 2
I'm a Medical student and if you want to do Medicine you're going to need to pick:

English
Maths
Science (2 or 3 including chemistry - your best bet is Biology and Chemistry)

It's good to have a few subjects that make you look like an 'all rounded' person, so there's no harm in taking say art or history if they're subjects that you enjoy, but you need science for the Medical route for sure.
Original post by forre
i know how you feel im in year 9 aswell anyway,
if you want to do medicine at uni dont you need triple science ?

Yeah but thats compulsory as well as English lit/lang and maths so i didnt enclude them
Original post by hollyt93
I'm a Medical student and if you want to do Medicine you're going to need to pick:

English
Maths
Science (2 or 3 including chemistry - your best bet is Biology and Chemistry)

It's good to have a few subjects that make you look like an 'all rounded' person, so there's no harm in taking say art or history if they're subjects that you enjoy, but you need science for the Medical route for sure.

Triple sciences, English and maths are all compulsory for us :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BoredHumxnity
Triple sciences, English and maths are all compulsory for us :smile:

Oh that's perfect then! So from the GCSEs you listed I'd say take any which 1. you enjoy and 2. you feel that you'll do well in, because obviously applying for medicine is about getting the best grades possible :smile: good luck
Original post by hollyt93
Oh that's perfect then! So from the GCSEs you listed I'd say take any which 1. you enjoy and 2. you feel that you'll do well in, because obviously applying for medicine is about getting the best grades possible :smile: good luck

Thanks so much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest