Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good moisturiser for dry skin? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm experiencing dry skin which is manifesting itself into spots and turning into a darker colour (trying to see a GP on this) but want preempt further issues and believe a good moisturiser might help - any recommendations please?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    How about Aveeno Skin Relief? My grandma recommended it to me (I have very dry skin), and it seems to be working quite well so far

ReputationRep:
    E45 is a cream specially made for dry skin I found it really effective and i think you can get it from your local GP not sure if it can be bought in store. Also aveeno is also good for dry skin relief

ReputationRep:
    I've used E45 as prescribed by a doctor but didn't really find it of any use. I've found that Cuticura (Hand and nail cream) is amazing for all areas of the body, does wonders for severely chapped and damaged nails and also works great with fake tan on knees and elbows. I apply once every morning, once every night and once after any application of anti bacterial sanitiser.

I also find exfoliant washes work better for my hands than standard soap (Try Dove or that orange 'pears' soap), you could use rock salt with your existing moisturizer for a cheap and effective alternative.

HOWEVER, Almond Oil (pure-unsweetened) is a miracle in a bottle for dry, irritated skin. It even improves the complexion of the skin (as does tea tree oil).

NEVER wear any kind of gloves to lock in the moisturizer because it can lead to fungal infections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Hi,

I'm experiencing dry skin which is manifesting itself into spots and turning into a darker colour (trying to see a GP on this) but want preempt further issues and believe a good moisturiser might help - any recommendations please?

Thanks.
    E45, Aqueous cream, day creams&moisturisers from the simple line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TyanaChu)
    E45 is a cream specially made for dry skin I found it really effective and i think you can get it from your local GP not sure if it can be bought in store. Also aveeno is also good for dry skin relief
    It can be bought in most cooperatives, Tesco's and Local Pharmacies for around £3.50 for a medium tub.

ReputationRep:
    Aveeno skin relief and/or pure coconut oil

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Having dry skin is really inconvenient. I think using mild moisturizers for dry skin may help. Organic ones are good too.
    But if it's not something normal for your skin to experience then it's better to ask a GP for help.

ReputationRep:
    coconut oil works like magic

ReputationRep:
    E45 or Astral.

ReputationRep:
    Use gentle soaps that are free of fragrance and any Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Moisturising Cream after that. Avoid hot showers too!

ReputationRep:
    Gone for E45 - not a moisturiser user tbh, best time to apply it?

ReputationRep:
    The Divine Lotus Light Body Lotion by Nyassa gives your skin the required nourishment and moisture that keeps it glowing with health. Lotus has always been the epitome of purity and beauty, taking a cue from this fact, this body cream indulges your skin totally with a natural touch. I have used this at the time when my skin was dried and I am using this still. It is the Best Body Moisture For Dry Skin for me.

ReputationRep:
    Eucerin Aquaphor throughout the day has done well for me the past couple years. After speaking with my dermatologist, they told me to wash my hands less as I had an allergic reaction to my own dry skin. As for showering, I have used ~15 different soaps and find only Dove to not cause a reaction.

ReputationRep:
    EUCERIN! Was amazing for me when my skin was superrr dry due to medication x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    E45 if really dry

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.