Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've got to submit my choices by the 23rd of Feb and I'm STILL unsure of my choices. Which is 'better'?

HL: Maths, Bio, Econ
    SL: Eng lang-lit, Spanish B, Chem

OR

HL: Maths, Bio, Econ
    SL: Eng lang-lit, Spanish B, Psychology

So SL chem or psychology? Which is easier, less work load, better applicable to later life, etc... Thanks a lot!

(BTW I am looking to go into comp science, something finance related, and yeah i dunno, I'm still not entirely sure. I may even do medicine IDK)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about computer science or finance, but I study medicine and I know that you need to do Chemistry for Medicine, but Chemistry is a tougher workload and is more difficult than Psychology, if you want to study Medicine you'll need to get used to a tough workload anyway

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so did you do chem SL or HL? If so, how much of a jump was it from the iGCSE level chemistry. I'm just worried that I won't be good enough to take it for ib. Also, since I'm taking either one at SL, do you think the uni's I apply to will even consider it. If they won't consider my SL's, don't you think taking the easier subject (with less workload) will be the way to go? Thx again

(Original post by hollyt93)
    I'm not sure about computer science or finance, but I study medicine and I know that you need to do Chemistry for Medicine, but Chemistry is a tougher workload and is more difficult than Psychology, if you want to study Medicine you'll need to get used to a tough workload anyway

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.